Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 11th, 2012 at 4:15:46 PM permalink
I was looking up flights on Interjet (for someone else), when I noticed the "TO" listings included "Las Vegas, NV"

Upon further research, it turns out the route begins Nov 15th and the rate should be $300 round trip. That's close to the rate Voalris charges.

What makes this great news is that Interjet does NOT limit, as yet, how much luggage one can bring. And next trip I plan on carrying a great deal more tonnage both going to Vegas and returning to mexico.

This is also another sign that Mexicana is not going to have an easy time if it decides to rise from the dead
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
October 11th, 2012 at 5:19:48 PM permalink
Do they leave from Islip, NY?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Nareed
Nareed
October 12th, 2012 at 2:09:10 PM permalink
Interjet isn't very forthcoming with the info on this route as yet, but I managed to dig up something:

1) the route will be Toluca-LV
2) At first there will be flights only on Sundays and Thursdays (???)
3) It seems the fligths will arrive int eh evening to vegas, and leave for Toluca around midnight.

On the plus side, the standard luggage rule on the airline is up to two 25 kg checked bags (say 50+ lbs) and one 10 kg carry-on. That's a LOT compared to Voalris, and it woudl allow me to take lots of clothes plus an empty suitcase for new acquisitions :)

It would also make up for the higher cab prize to Toluca. But Interjet operates a reasonably prized shuttle to Toluca (about $7.50-$9.50 USD) from several points in the city. I'd only have to cab it there.
Nareed
Nareed
October 16th, 2012 at 1:49:08 PM permalink
OK. I can confirm all of the above. The luggage allowance is great, but the arrival times and frequencies are terrible.

So I'm thinking of either splitting the flight between Volaris and Interjet, or looking at what package deals Interjet offers (thus far they don't have anything up for Vegas, but they should in a few weeks at most).

We'll see. It's still a fair time away...
  • Jump to: