Thread Rating:

s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
March 22nd, 2014 at 6:21:00 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Because liberals are still trying to destroy him for breaking the story that CBS was covering up the story on Clinton and Lewinsky. They can't find much to attack Drudge for in his personal life as the guy is a near-hermit so when anything happens they jump all over it. With Obama having the terrible month he has had they wanted to distract all the more.

Didn't work.

Of course everything that liberals do is motivated by some conspiracy theory, especially when liberals catch conservatives lying, then it's all about Vince Foster and Benghazi and Kenya.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 229
March 22nd, 2014 at 7:26:42 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Of course everything that liberals do is motivated by some conspiracy theory, especially when liberals catch conservatives lying, then it's all about Vince Foster and Benghazi and Kenya.

What lie did he get caught in?

Or do you know his tax accountant just like you were in the room when my co-worker told me about when he and his wife went to dinner?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:16:22 AM permalink

If he pays his taxes quarterly, how is he going to get a refund? Drudge hasn't paid anything for tax year 2014 yet (2014 is when the Liberty Tax takes effect). You can't get a refund from the government for taxes that you haven't paid. People who owe taxes to the government do not pay three weeks early, especially an Obama-hater like Drudge. He's either a liar or stupid, probably both.

Before invoking assumptions and casting nasty aspersions, it might be useful to learn about the details.The fact of the matter is that with the first estimated '14 taxes due by April 15 along with the final return filing for '13 also required by April 15, prudent taxpayers have for some time been calculating what they owe and preparing to remit the sums. This is especially important for taxpayers running small independent businesses. In addition, despite one's best efforts, those estimates for the quarterly payments can fall far from the mark, depending on a huge number of variables.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:41:12 AM permalink

Right now, this conversation in this thread, has turned to your belief in the allegations by the media on the left that Drudge was lying about his taxes. There is some other stuff out there but the simple question to you is:

Can you even consider the possibility that the left-leaning media was wrong and that Drudge has, in fact, paid estimated taxes that include a part of the new tax for Obamacare that is due in 2015 but will be payable by estimated filers quarterly beginning April 15th?
RonC
RonC
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:46:41 AM permalink

If he pays his taxes quarterly, how is he going to get a refund? Drudge hasn't paid anything for tax year 2014 yet (2014 is when the Liberty Tax takes effect). You can't get a refund from the government for taxes that you haven't paid. People who owe taxes to the government do not pay three weeks early, especially an Obama-hater like Drudge. He's either a liar or stupid, probably both.

I don't like Obama but I will pay my taxes on any date I feel like before they become delinquent, thank you. Perhaps he is busy the next three weeks, perhaps he just wants to make sure there is no question about him paying on time, perhaps he likes to do things before the due date, who the hell cares?

One part of the taxes is due to Obamacare but he isn't paying the taxes to Obama...he is paying them to the IRS, the agency that collects income taxes for the country.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
March 22nd, 2014 at 2:49:04 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Can you even consider the possibility that the left-leaning media was wrong and that Drudge has, in fact, paid estimated taxes that include a part of the new tax for Obamacare that is due in 2015 but will be payable by estimated filers quarterly beginning April 15th?

Of course I can. Paying taxes unnecessarily early is something I would expect a person of Drudge's addled capacity to do. It's basically giving Uncle Sam a three week interest free gift. But Occam's Razor suggests that Drudge lied in an effort to prove that he is the mostest against Obamacare.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
RonC
RonC
March 23rd, 2014 at 3:40:12 AM permalink

Of course I can. Paying taxes unnecessarily early is something I would expect a person of Drudge's addled capacity to do. It's basically giving Uncle Sam a three week interest free gift. But Occam's Razor suggests that Drudge lied in an effort to prove that he is the mostest against Obamacare.

Wrong again. Easily the most plausible explanation, without invoking unicorns and rainbows, is that Drudge knew that this estimated tax period would be the first time someone had to pay the Obamacare tax and he filed early to be one of the first to pay it. There is no lie involved--he did the same thing pretty much everyone trying to make a point does...a little grandstanding to emphasize what the truth is.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 229
March 23rd, 2014 at 6:00:25 AM permalink

Three weeks really isn't all that early to pay taxes. Lots of people will send them in a few weeks early. While Drudge makes a few million a year, we are still not talking huge numbers in savings for such a short period.

What happened is beautiful. Drudge made the tweet to prove the point and (probably unintentionally) got liberals all over the land to over-react to it. When they did so he got them to show they do not know what it means to be self-employed and pay quarterly taxes. They showed they do not even know how their own law works! It has become a classic rope-a-dope.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
RonC
RonC
March 23rd, 2014 at 7:40:14 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Three weeks really isn't all that early to pay taxes. Lots of people will send them in a few weeks early. While Drudge makes a few million a year, we are still not talking huge numbers in savings for such a short period.

What happened is beautiful. Drudge made the tweet to prove the point and (probably unintentionally) got liberals all over the land to over-react to it. When they did so he got them to show they do not know what it means to be self-employed and pay quarterly taxes. They showed they do not even know how their own law works! It has become a classic rope-a-dope.

...and they have also tried (and failed miserably) to say that the forms do not have a line for the Obamacare Tax...but that does not matter at all. If he and his accountant KNOW now that a tax amount is going to be due at the end of the tax year (in this case, the Obamacare tax) they still have to "hit" the right numbers overall to avoid penalties as described by some of our self-employed folks earlier. The last thing anyone would want to do is have to pay the Obamacare tax and then get hit with a penalty for not hitting the required quarterly marks along the way.

If interest rates were higher paying early might be a concern for someone paying a lot. These days, it doesn't make much difference. As AZ pointed out, three weeks is not all that early.
LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
March 23rd, 2014 at 3:25:35 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Would someone care to admit that it is at least possible that the Drudge tax payment story is 100% true...or will ignoring the experiences of a couple of members who are self-employed and have done the same thing and continuing to call Drudge a liar be the way he goes??

its a debate over nothing. Its not like Drudge was giving an interview and blurted it out, and mispoke,

He specifically published it.

why would he ruin his credibility over something so small and insignficiant. By announcing what he did,,,,NOTHING about the sorry state of obamacare will change.

However if he is found to be lying...his comments on this topic and others would be suspect.

unless someone has proof that he is lying...its not worth debate.

• Jump to: