Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 171
August 4th, 2020 at 12:21:18 AM permalink
I did that because I wanted to see the last few Hawaii 5-0 episodes and the CBS only Star Trek. The Star Trek lost me and got boring in the second season and I canceled it. They offered me thirty days free but I didn't bother.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 47
August 4th, 2020 at 4:33:31 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I did that because I wanted to see the last few Hawaii 5-0 episodes and the CBS only Star Trek. The Star Trek lost me and got boring in the second season and I canceled it. They offered me thirty days free but I didn't bother.

Picard or Enterprise?
billryan
billryan
August 4th, 2020 at 10:05:11 AM permalink
The one where they jump thru space with mushrooms, and where the original Captains doppelganger is now an intelligence officer. I did want to watch Picard but never got around to it.
Netflix, hulu, Disney +, and basic dish combined with mlb.tv and Prime give me more than enough options.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
August 4th, 2020 at 10:40:26 AM permalink

I did that because I wanted to see the last few Hawaii 5-0 episodes and the CBS only Star Trek. The Star Trek lost me and got boring

All the Star Treks after the orig
series got boring and lost me.
The whole TV franchise just
got dumb. I like the movies,
though.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
billryan
billryan
August 4th, 2020 at 10:47:06 AM permalink
By far, my favorite series was Enterprise. I'd only been an episode or two before it came on Amazon but watched all the seasons in about a week.
One of my best friends lived and died for Star Trek. He was killed a week or so before Deep Space Nine debuted, and we held a viewing party of the premier in his honor.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 13
August 4th, 2020 at 12:01:57 PM permalink

The one where they jump thru space with mushrooms, and where the original Captains doppelganger is now an intelligence officer. I did want to watch Picard but never got around to it.
Netflix, hulu, Disney +, and basic dish combined with mlb.tv and Prime give me more than enough options.

There’s a bundle of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ that should get you espn+ for free if you are paying for the other two already.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
billryan
billryan
August 4th, 2020 at 12:34:27 PM permalink
I get Disney for free for a year, hopefully they offer it when my deal expires. Of all the services, hulu seems to lose signal and buffer more than all the others. I'd drop it but the people I trade passwords with use it a lot, and I use their netflix.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 4th, 2020 at 2:52:45 PM permalink

I get Disney for free for a year,

I looked at Disney, nothing there
for me even if it was free.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 7th, 2020 at 11:24:40 AM permalink
Remember when we called TV 'the tube'?
I heard it the other day and realized
it's been decades since I heard it.
Last CRT TV I had was a 36" Panasonic
I paid too much for in 2004. Weighed
well over 100 pounds. It's still in the
garage, you have to pay somebody
to haul it away, landfills won't take
them. I quit watching it in 2007
when I got the flatscreen.
billryan
billryan
August 7th, 2020 at 1:01:25 PM permalink
On another forum, someone brought up John The Robot. I'd never heard of him but a quick search convinced me he was Mr. Robot of his generation. People talk about Robby the Robot, or the Robots from Lost in Space and Forbidden Planet, but John could have kicked their collective ass's. In his last scene, a scientist orders him to carry him across a river of lava. Halfway across, the lava is effecting him and his self-preservation mode kicks in. To survive, he needs to increase speed and that can only be done by losing weight so he tries to toss the scientist into the lava.

• Jump to: