• Threads: 28
June 23rd, 2012 at 10:57:46 PM permalink
Is it criminal? I thought it was just some sort of health risk/ warning
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
June 24th, 2012 at 4:24:57 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Just because it might not be beneficial, doesn't mean it should be criminal. I think my wife had a 1/2 of a beer once during the pregnancy, I think jail might be a bit harsh.

Serving alcohol to minors is criminal ... so, why not?
On the other hand, like in all cases of criminal offense, police (and prosecution) have a lot of discretion. If I let my son drink half a beer once a year, it is not likely, that I would be prosecuted for it.
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
reno
reno
  • Threads: 124
June 26th, 2012 at 8:11:33 AM permalink
Quote: weaselman

Serving alcohol to minors is criminal ... so, why not?

The riskiest time for a pregnant woman to drink alcohol is during the 1st trimester, when their pregnancy typically isn't visible to bartenders. The obvious solution is to pass a law requiring all women to submit to a pregnancy test before being served alcohol. Just in case.
weaselman
weaselman
June 26th, 2012 at 8:34:58 AM permalink
Quote: reno

The riskiest time for a pregnant woman to drink alcohol is during the 1st trimester, when their pregnancy typically isn't visible to bartenders. The obvious solution is to pass a law requiring all women to submit to a pregnancy test before being served alcohol. Just in case.

Nah, pregnancy test can be faked (or you could carry someone else's). I think, it's a better idea to require a letter signed by an MD, on an official letterhead, listing first and last name of the patient, social security number, age, and the date of last period. Combined with a government issued form of identification, this should be sufficient.
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
June 26th, 2012 at 10:47:08 AM permalink
Quote: weaselman

Nah, pregnancy test can be faked (or you could carry someone else's). I think, it's a better idea to require a letter signed by an MD, on an official letterhead, listing first and last name of the patient, social security number, age, and the date of last period. Combined with a government issued form of identification, this should be sufficient.

I'm afraid it's not. The letter could have been valid on the day she drank, but that evening, she gets pregnant. She uses the same letterhead the next night, and now you have a lawsuit on your hands.

IN ADDITION to all the above, there should be a detailed reports of all activity before being served a drink. This must be verified by each partner, signed in front of a notary. Lying would result in the death penalty AFTER the woman conceives (so as not to take the infant's life).
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
weaselman
weaselman
June 26th, 2012 at 11:22:24 AM permalink
Quote: Tiltpoul

I'm afraid it's not. The letter could have been valid on the day she drank, but that evening, she gets pregnant. She uses the same letterhead the next night, and now you have a lawsuit on your hands.

If she got pregnant last night, a pregnancy test won't show it either. I guess, we'll just have to take her word for it.
Ask her to sign an affidavit, stating under penalties of perjury, that she was not involved in an intercourse since the date on the letter.
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
June 26th, 2012 at 11:34:49 AM permalink
I have a better idea, but it's so offensive that it probably shouldn't be posted.

Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama

• Jump to: