Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
June 4th, 2012 at 1:11:45 PM permalink
I know when I go to a city like LA, Chicago or New York, I can ask the concierge for tickets to a play, a ballgame and for reservations for a restaurant. In Vegas, with many options in your hotel for live entertainment or dining is is acceptable to ask for reservations at a restaurant or tickets to a show at a separate hotel? If no, is it acceptable as long as it is within that hotel family like asking the Mandalay Bay concierge for reservations for a place at Bellagio, as they are both MGM properties?
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
June 4th, 2012 at 3:54:44 PM permalink
We have had no problems using our hosts (Cearsars) obtain tickets for shows at other properties and they have always been the best.
dwheatley
dwheatley
  • Threads: 25
June 4th, 2012 at 3:59:18 PM permalink
You should watch the BBC series "Hotel Babylon" (well, only the first 2 seasons).

A good concierge can and should get you anything if you tip well enough.
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you out of situations where you would otherwise need it
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
June 4th, 2012 at 3:59:48 PM permalink
But were those tickets still at properties within the Harrah's Family? Or did you go to a competing family like MGM, Wynn or Sands?
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 4th, 2012 at 4:04:14 PM permalink
Go right ahead and ask for whatever you want and wherever you want without regard to location or corporate ownership linkages.
It is the job of the concierge to make you so happy that you come back to his hotel even if he arranges reservations at a competitor's steakhouse and show tickets at some other venue.

Now ofcourse if it is off site the comp situation is going to be worse or non-existent but they will still make the reservation.
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
June 4th, 2012 at 4:06:18 PM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

But were those tickets still at properties within the Harrah's Family? Or did you go to a competing family like MGM, Wynn or Sands?

We have actually obtained more tickets to shows at non Harrahs properties. They have always been waiting for us to pick up at the box office. We generally planned out before we ever get to Vegas and request them when we make our hotel reservations.

Doing it this way also allowed them to be charged to our room and then we paid for them with comps earned at Harrahs properties.
PapaChubby
PapaChubby
  • Threads: 11
June 4th, 2012 at 4:06:23 PM permalink
It has been my experience that the concierge can get you anything that you could get yourself, if you knew where to find it and were willing to go through the trouble. On the last trip we used the concierge at Harrahs to get us tickets to La Reve at Wynn.

On the flipside, I've never had an experience where the concierge was able to get me anything that I couldn't get myself, like tickets to a sold out show or reservations at an overbooked restaurant.
  • Jump to: