Thread Rating:

rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
June 1st, 2012 at 4:19:36 PM permalink
Quote: mrjjj

I already stated, in BUSINESS situations. You see pacomartin, thats the beauty of an OPINION. I'm allowed to have one and I stand by it 100%. English only in businesses in America. If an employee does not follow the rule...FIRED. If they can not speak English...no job. No English...no drivers license.

In your OPINION, getting a drivers license is a BUSINESS situation? That's an interesting idea...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
mrjjj
mrjjj
  • Threads: 75
June 1st, 2012 at 4:35:59 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

In your OPINION, getting a drivers license is a BUSINESS situation? That's an interesting idea...

AGAIN, tear it down til you're blue in the face......my VIEW will not change. I have the nuts to say whats on my mind, I dont go along with 'the crew' just to fit in.

Ken
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 4th, 2012 at 7:12:26 AM permalink
Quote: MonkeyMonkey

If they ever pass your law keep your fingers crossed it doesn't extend to the proper use of written English. :)

Can we skip the formalities and make a citizen's pre-emptive arrest? ;)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
June 4th, 2012 at 8:20:17 AM permalink
Quote: mrjjj

AGAIN, tear it down til you're blue in the face......my VIEW will not change. I have the nuts to say whats on my mind, I dont go along with 'the crew' just to fit in.

I have to admit that it is a bit interesting to see someone openly admitting that he is going to hold onto his opinion no matter what contradicting facts may come to light. I know there are a lot of people whose brains work that way, but they usually aren't so open and up-front about their inability or adamant unwillingness to ever learn anything new.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 103
June 4th, 2012 at 8:37:22 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

I have to admit that it is a bit interesting to see someone openly admitting that he is going to hold onto his opinion no matter what contradicting facts may come to light. I know there are a lot of people whose brains work that way, but they usually aren't so open and up-front about their inability or adamant unwillingness to ever learn anything new.

You obviously haven't read many of Ken's roulette posts!

As per the topic.... Private businesses should be able to use whatever language they want, and require their employees to use whatever language the business thinks will be in the business's best interests.
mrjjj
mrjjj
June 4th, 2012 at 3:02:16 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

I think you missed my point. Just because a certain VIEW may not be popular......I could careless.

I ALWAYS listen to BOTH sides. I would be bias if I did not.

Ken
mrjjj
mrjjj
June 4th, 2012 at 3:03:39 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

You obviously haven't read many of Ken's roulette posts!

As per the topic.... Private businesses should be able to use whatever language they want, and require their employees to use whatever language the business thinks will be in the business's best interests.

.....and this is your OPINION and I respect it 100%.

Ken
hwccdealer
hwccdealer
  • Threads: 11
July 12th, 2013 at 3:51:34 PM permalink
If I go to your restaurant and order food, and it's America, and you don't speak English, I probably won't continue to stay. Not because I'm a bigot, but because I can't communicate with you. If I go to your restaurant and order food, and it's America, and you speak English to me, and you speak Klingon to your staff, and you serve me adequate food and don't spit in it or otherwise violate it, and you charge me a reasonable price, and your service is adequate, I don't give a flying snot rocket what language you speak to your staff.

If people want to live in this country and not speak English, fine. Just understand that it's going to limit what you can do here, just as my inability to speak Italian would inhibit me if I moved to Italy.
OllieSam
OllieSam
  • Threads: 0
July 10th, 2014 at 11:13:57 PM permalink
I don't care my employees speak any language on personal stuff, as long as they speak the same one when it comes to work.
I have a weird sense about humor, I use it to defeat people
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
July 11th, 2014 at 8:19:01 AM permalink
Quote: OllieSam

I don't care my employees speak any language on personal stuff, as long as they speak the same one when it comes to work.

Great thread for your first post. The member who started this thread, mrjjj, is gone but not forgotten.

Tell us about your website whose address is in your profile. Cheating at baccarat? Really?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi

• Jump to: