22 votes (20.75%)
42 votes (39.62%)

106 members have voted

QuadDeuces
QuadDeuces
  • Threads: 25
November 22nd, 2012 at 2:18:42 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

" If a guy grows marijuana in his backyard and smokes it in his own home, it's definitely a crime. But I can't figure out who the victim is. "

Can you figure out the crime when a meth lab blows up and innocent kids are killed ?

It meth wasn't illicit it wouldn't be cooked in neighborhoods next to elementary schools but in industrial districts with proper safety controls.

You really want to continue this nonsense? Prohibition kills innocent kids!

In fact, I'd wager that those who choose meth wouldn't if the other, more organic compounds weren't so hard to come by.
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
November 23rd, 2012 at 5:33:30 PM permalink
Perish the thought that the $$$ and the addiction aren't the REAL reason... legal or not.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 27th, 2012 at 10:02:22 AM permalink
" In fact, I'd wager that those who choose meth wouldn't if the other, more organic compounds weren't so hard to come by. "

I won't wager on people's misery, but check out your average meth users. Crack, booze, and coke are more readily available
and often cheaper than meth. Most meth shops are in it for the money ! If you think legalizing it will stop labs, you are sadly mistaken !

Those asholes will cook it anywhere at all. It's all about the money.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
QuadDeuces
QuadDeuces
  • Threads: 25
November 27th, 2012 at 8:54:17 PM permalink
You just don't get it. There's nothing special about meth. The "money" they can command is because it's illegal. The only other reason is because it's scarce. The only reason it's scarce is because it's illegal. Same with herb and coca.
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 86
iluvdisco33
iluvdisco33
  • Threads: 1
January 11th, 2013 at 1:41:38 PM permalink
I am not in favor of legalizing, aka legitimizing, any illegal drugs, and that includes pot for the potheads out there. There's definitely a reason responsible corporations and other companies in this country will not hire potheads or anyone else testing positive for drugs. Just think of the quality of workers we have at places like,Boeing, then look at the useless tools who drive delivery trucks, claim they're "artists", those who do dishes in restaurants etc., and the unemployed,

There's statistics that show how the fools who smoke pot die regularly from any of a number of toxins delivered by the drug, and even more go on to look for bigger thrills with stronger drugs. It's a waste of time and a waste of life. People who need to live with drugs have compounded life problems in the social are also, like "alternative" lifestyles that cause conflicts with their sexual orientation, financial problems because few,respectable companies would ever hire them, and many of them flat out end up rotting away in prisons where I personally want them.

Get a life. Get off drugs.
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
January 17th, 2013 at 2:05:58 AM permalink
Wow. Sounding so high and mighty, but the spelling just doesn't match what the tone implies.

Seems to be personal - what happened, did a hippie steal your crush in high school?
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
February 21st, 2013 at 3:55:53 PM permalink
That would be nice if "they" legalized drugs. As it stands now drugs are impossible to get unless of course your in jail.
Each day is better than the next
rudeboy99
rudeboy99
  • Threads: 0
March 27th, 2013 at 11:50:26 AM permalink
All I'm sure of is that the gov't "War on Drugs" run through the last 25 or 30 years has been an absolute nightmare and turned into probably the most tragic social experiment this country has seen since slavery was legal. The monetary cost is infinite, and the cost of the destruction of untold millions of our own citizens lives is surely a HUGE stain that society will never be able to undo. And for what? Street drugs are more plentiful than EVER, and the money is so HUGE and EASY, that we've become an example to the rest of the world how a country SHOULD NOT react to the illicit drug industry.
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
March 28th, 2013 at 10:21:41 PM permalink
Quote: QuadDeuces

You just don't get it. There's nothing special about meth. The "money" they can command is because it's illegal. The only other reason is because it's scarce. The only reason it's scarce is because it's illegal. Same with herb and coca.

Meth... nothing special??? Like the most intense high outside of sex? Highly addictive, therefore. And cocaine is the only drug known that a person habitually uses until death. All the others involve withdrawl. Weed is milquetoast by comparison, but like written many years ago... its a gateway to other more harmful drugs... primarily in that the person selling MJ also sells the more dangerous stuff. So naturally the CEO/drug-dealer psychology states to legalize them all... I want the money, you get the drug. As mentioned earlier, growing/smoking on'es own MJ is perhaps the limit of legalization anytime soon. I am in favor of that: meth, crack, cocaine, heroin, abolutely not. Next thing ya know, oxycontin has to be made legal w/o a perscription. Go ahead, conquer the world selling drugs... there's too mny people to feed now, whats a billion or two fewer?
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.

• Jump to: