mrjjj
mrjjj
Joined: Sep 4, 2010
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 1579
July 26th, 2011 at 9:37:06 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

I didn't realise I was getting graded on my answer, but you seem to have rejected my extra work I gave you by adding some extra explanation for my answer. Sorry you didn't like it.

I learned years ago, put them in real situations and see how they react. Guess we went to different schools.



We sure did. I answer questions without pointing out misspelled words and throwing in extra info in order to THROW the topic in another direction. Keyser is the MASTER at that.

Ken
thecesspit
thecesspit
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 5936
July 26th, 2011 at 11:26:42 PM permalink
Quote: mrjjj

We sure did. I answer questions without pointing out misspelled words and throwing in extra info in order to THROW the topic in another direction. Keyser is the MASTER at that.

Ken



What the hell are you talkin' about, Willis?

"throwing the topic in another direction", "misspelled words", "Keyser" ???

I am not Keyser, I didn't point out misspelled (sic, lol, cough) words or throw the topic in another direction. The question was about which bus I would take, based on the racial profile of the occupants. Being a Brit, who lived in London, I was pointing out the question in and of itself has less meaning to ME than it does to someone who grew up in the US. I thought perhaps, perchance, that might help you understand that attitudes to race are different in different places.

But, forbid that anyone gives you information that doesn't sit tightly into your yes/no information gathering. Hell, why discuss anything... we can just let MrJJJ here ask yes/no questions all day. Screw free speech, or organic discussions on a variety of topics, lest Ken gets confused and mark our answers down. I'd hate to somehow have his opinion of me lowered.

Seriously, do you NOT understand how the hell a forum works? You post enough on them, you say. People discuss things, and those discussions often move away from the original title. You might not like it, but suck it up (along with a throat lozenge, to help you with that tickly cough you have). People will ALWAYS answer more than a question asks. Sometimes to attack the questioner, sometimes to discuss something another answer gave, sometimes to add extra information. You can't control it, any more than you can control a roulette ball.

You don't like my answers? You don't have to read or reply to them. Problem, solved, no?
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
mrjjj
mrjjj
Joined: Sep 4, 2010
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 1579
July 27th, 2011 at 9:26:34 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

What the hell are you talkin' about, Willis?

"throwing the topic in another direction", "misspelled words", "Keyser" ???

I am not Keyser, I didn't point out misspelled (sic, lol, cough) words or throw the topic in another direction. The question was about which bus I would take, based on the racial profile of the occupants. Being a Brit, who lived in London, I was pointing out the question in and of itself has less meaning to ME than it does to someone who grew up in the US. I thought perhaps, perchance, that might help you understand that attitudes to race are different in different places.

But, forbid that anyone gives you information that doesn't sit tightly into your yes/no information gathering. Hell, why discuss anything... we can just let MrJJJ here ask yes/no questions all day. Screw free speech, or organic discussions on a variety of topics, lest Ken gets confused and mark our answers down. I'd hate to somehow have his opinion of me lowered.

Seriously, do you NOT understand how the hell a forum works? You post enough on them, you say. People discuss things, and those discussions often move away from the original title. You might not like it, but suck it up (along with a throat lozenge, to help you with that tickly cough you have). People will ALWAYS answer more than a question asks. Sometimes to attack the questioner, sometimes to discuss something another answer gave, sometimes to add extra information. You can't control it, any more than you can control a roulette ball.

You don't like my answers? You don't have to read or reply to them. Problem, solved, no?




"Being a Brit, who lived in London, I was pointing out the question in and of itself has less meaning to ME" >>> Means nothing to me. My POINT being (not just for you, anybody), when you get a hypothetical question, it makes NO SENSE to throw in other BS. I laid out the question the way I WANTED TO. If you want to re-write the question, thats fine but start your own thread on the subject and ask it HOW you want to. Are we clear on that? Thanks man, dont make me repeat myself.

"Sometimes to attack the questioner" >>> lol, Yep, sounds like message boards.

Adding extra info is fine as long as the *ORIGINAL* question gets answered. Its like me asking you what your favorite meal is and you tell me.....your car is red.

So in other words, by your definition, you answered me, correct?

Ken
thecesspit
thecesspit
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 5936
July 27th, 2011 at 9:55:59 AM permalink
Quote: mrjjj

"Being a Brit, who lived in London, I was pointing out the question in and of itself has less meaning to ME" >>> Means nothing to me.



Durrrrrrr, that's my point, wise guy.

Quote:

My POINT being (not just for you, anybody), when you get a hypothetical question, it makes NO SENSE to throw in other BS. I laid out the question the way I WANTED TO. If you want to re-write the question, thats fine but start your own thread on the subject and ask it HOW you want to. Are we clear on that? Thanks man, dont make me repeat myself.

"Sometimes to attack the questioner" >>> lol, Yep, sounds like message boards.

Adding extra info is fine as long as the *ORIGINAL* question gets answered. Its like me asking you what your favorite meal is and you tell me.....your car is red.

So in other words, by your definition, you answered me, correct?

Ken



I'll answer the question anyway I damn well please, bubba. You don't have to like my answer. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it or respond to it, no? You can't control my answers any more than you control the wind.

For the record, as your reading comprehension is in fail mode :: "I'll just get on the damn bus if it goes where I am going. ".

I not only answered your hypothetical question, I gave you a reason why I answered that way, which should, for any reasonable human being who is engaging in intellectual pursuits of inquiry, ADD to their knowledge. "Oh look, this question means less to someone from a different culture... why is that... I wonder?". Get your mind out of your little corner of the world, pal, by seeing how add to their simple yes or no, you might learn something. I suspect not, as every question can only be yes or no answered.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
mrjjj
mrjjj
Joined: Sep 4, 2010
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 1579
July 27th, 2011 at 12:40:36 PM permalink
"I'll just get on the damn bus if it goes where I am going" >>> Ok, the FIRST or the SECOND bus under the conditions I laid out?

Ken
thecesspit
thecesspit
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 5936
July 27th, 2011 at 1:02:24 PM permalink
Quote: mrjjj

"I'll just get on the damn bus if it goes where I am going" >>> Ok, the FIRST or the SECOND bus under the conditions I laid out?

Ken



Are you serious? Or just that good at acting the fool?

I'll also note your original question pre-supposes the skin colouration of the person waiting for the bus.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
mrjjj
mrjjj
Joined: Sep 4, 2010
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 1579
July 27th, 2011 at 4:28:26 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Are you serious? Or just that good at acting the fool?

I'll also note your original question pre-supposes the skin colouration of the person waiting for the bus.



You said....you would 'get on the damn bus', correct? You did not say which bus. Am I lying?

Ken
thecesspit
thecesspit
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 5936
July 27th, 2011 at 4:39:29 PM permalink
Quote: mrjjj

You said....you would 'get on the damn bus', correct? You did not say which bus. Am I lying?

Ken



Well, considering my answer, that would be the first damn bus that came along.

Black, white, yellow or green. If it was red, double decked and heading to Dulwich Library, I'd pop in to see my mate Danny for a slice of cake and a cup of tea on my way.

I'd avoid the short bus. You might be on that one.

Christ, it was bleeding well obvious from my answer that the race of the bus wasn't even in my consideration. Which I guess makes me a liar according to what you've read.

You calling me a liar?

You are still completely presupposing the race of the bus rider, which is a huge flaw in the question. But as you'd wait to get on the second bus, may be I shouldn't be surprised.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7042
July 27th, 2011 at 4:40:15 PM permalink
Quote: mrjjj

Am I lying?

Ken



No, but you're an idiot. It's pretty clearly implied that the first bus is the one that would be taken.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7042
July 27th, 2011 at 4:46:28 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit



You are still completely presupposing the race of the bus rider, which is a huge flaw in the question.



Ken's allowed for both white and black riders, and said that "in the case...the busses would be reversed." So as long as no asians, native-americans, middle-easterners, or latinos want to ride the bus, he's totally got everyone covered. There's only 5 Billion of those people in the world, so it's all good...;-)

Quote: thecesspit


But as you'd wait to get on the second bus, may be I shouldn't be surprised.



Yet another reason for me to get on the first bus - annoyance with other people at the bus stop.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett

  • Jump to: