thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
July 25th, 2011 at 10:29:05 AM permalink
Wouldn't even enter into my consideration... I'll just get on the damn bus if it goes where I am going. Not really "black" or "white" buses in London anyways. Just poor buses and tourist buses.

Now, I would avoid getting of the tube in between 9 and 11 at certain tube stops, but that was to avoid the drunks.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
DonPedro
DonPedro
  • Threads: 92
July 25th, 2011 at 10:37:04 AM permalink
Whichever bus had the best scenery !!
" If I had the money and the drinking capacity, I'd probably live at a blackjak table and let my life go to hell." Don Pedro
kp
kp
  • Threads: 7
July 25th, 2011 at 2:23:20 PM permalink
Quote: OneAngryDwarf

It only took a couple of trips on MARTA to wonder..."Why am I always the only white person on the train?"

Atlanta used to be a popular spring break location for affluent black college kids and they would swarm upon the city for an extended weekend in an event called Freaknik. There would be several parties and events planned, plus lots of cruising the city streets.

The stadium for the Atlanta Braves is not on the train line, so MARTA will run shuttle buses between the closest train station and and stadium.

I once made the mistake of going to a Braves game during Freaknik. Taking the shuttle back we were stuck in gridlock traffic caused by the cruising kids. It was surreal to be packed in a bus full of white people looking out at all of the blacks driving around in their BMWs and Mercedes.

To answer the original question - If I'm comfortable enough to be at the bus stop in the first place, then I'm comfortable catching any bus that comes by.
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 48
July 25th, 2011 at 2:30:43 PM permalink
What's a bus?
mrjjj
mrjjj
  • Threads: 75
July 26th, 2011 at 7:51:00 PM permalink
Quote: seviay

You can have a bus full of annoying black people or annoying white people -- or a "dangerous" bus of any race/color, so it's not a simple question of black vs. white. If it's going to be a bunch of loud, annoying, or threatening people, I'll choose the other bus. I've been annoyed by every race, color, and age imaginable ... and likewise, I've felt threatened or endangered by many different races, colors, and nationalities.

All things being equal, most people would choose a bus with people they believe are more like themselves. That's not racist or xenophobic, it's just science.

As for me, I hate people in general. So, enjoy your bus ride. I'll be in my rental car.

Ok, lets say you dont know ahead of time if the people on either bus are annoying etc. So, which bus for you?

Ken
mrjjj
mrjjj
July 26th, 2011 at 7:53:48 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

There is no guarantee that the racial makeup of the second bus would be any different than the first bus. The fact is, the racial makeup of the bus, reflects that of the neighborhood, so the next bus will probably be the same.

Therefore, I'll get on the first bus.

"There is no guarantee that the racial makeup of the second bus would be any different than the first bus" >>> Thats a way out. (lol) Its hypothetical, play along.

Ken
mrjjj
mrjjj
July 26th, 2011 at 7:58:04 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Wouldn't even enter into my consideration... I'll just get on the damn bus if it goes where I am going. Not really "black" or "white" buses in London anyways. Just poor buses and tourist buses.

Now, I would avoid getting of the tube in between 9 and 11 at certain tube stops, but that was to avoid the drunks.

"Not really "black" or "white" buses in London anyways" >>> (lol), this isn't real, its hypothetical. I learned years ago, the BEST way to learn about someone.....put them into hypothetical situations.

Ken
mrjjj
mrjjj
July 26th, 2011 at 8:00:39 PM permalink
I did a short summary. 12 replies......4 people answered the question.

Ken
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
July 26th, 2011 at 8:07:41 PM permalink
I'm incredibly racist and stereotypes exist for a reason, so the white bus 100% of the time.

If I knew for a fact the white bus was full of inner-city "ghetto" people and the black bus was filled with college educated businessmen that have more or less adopted white culture, I'd pick the black bus. For me it's all about culture and the mass majority of black people adopt black culture and white people adopt white culture. Therefore I prejudge all black people to be part of the generic black culture and white people to be part of the generic white culture.

The only trick is to not let anyone know you are making these prejudgments until you get to know someone.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
July 26th, 2011 at 9:29:44 PM permalink
Quote: mrjjj

"Not really "black" or "white" buses in London anyways" >>> (lol), this isn't real, its hypothetical. I learned years ago, the BEST way to learn about someone.....put them into hypothetical situations.

Ken

I didn't realise I was getting graded on my answer, but you seem to have rejected my extra work I gave you by adding some extra explanation for my answer. Sorry you didn't like it.

I learned years ago, put them in real situations and see how they react. Guess we went to different schools.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829

• Jump to: