FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
May 2nd, 2011 at 1:05:39 PM permalink
Quote: Virgi

If all the Muslim reporting the past 10 years is correct, OBL was a aberration to the Islamic faith and they are reiterating that today. A backlash would be expected from the extremist world after the killing of their leader anyway. We also just killed his son and 3 grandchildren. Who cares about his family? To claim a respect of the body of such a killer is nonsensical.

When was this? Or have you gotten him mixed up with Ghaddafi?
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
May 2nd, 2011 at 1:07:40 PM permalink
More details emerge, as expected. Here's the CBC story ::

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-raid-pakistan.html?ref=rss
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Virgi
Virgi
  • Threads: 0
May 2nd, 2011 at 1:19:21 PM permalink
Quote: FarFromVegas

Quote: Virgi

If all the Muslim reporting the past 10 years is correct, OBL was a aberration to the Islamic faith and they are reiterating that today. A backlash would be expected from the extremist world after the killing of their leader anyway. We also just killed his son and 3 grandchildren. Who cares about his family? To claim a respect of the body of such a killer is nonsensical.

When was this? Or have you gotten him mixed up with Ghaddafi?

You're right I did. But they either captured or killed his son, and they have his 2 wives and more kids in custody. I'd kill each one if I were in charge.
gofaster87
gofaster87
  • Threads: 3
May 2nd, 2011 at 1:48:39 PM permalink
thecesspit
thecesspit
May 2nd, 2011 at 2:16:45 PM permalink
Quote: gofaster87

I'm thinking if Bin Laden did really get killed we should expect to some retaliation from a terrorist cell. If not, that may because for doubt. Ill have to get a hold of some buddies that are still in the Corp(top secret clearance) and see what they have to say.

That hardly passes muster, as what about failed attempts? Or any terrorist event may happen anyways and may or may not be caused by the killing of Bin Laden? The action or otherwise of a terrorist cell isn't direct evidence of his death.

I do agree, I expect something to kick off from this though.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
May 2nd, 2011 at 3:11:36 PM permalink
I agree with Avargov. Show me the pictures. According to news stories, photos do exist. I, personally would feel better if they were made public. Senator Lieberman has called for them as well.

If Al Queda would officially acknowledge that he is dead, I would take that instead.

I think what really makes me ask questions is how quickly government spokespeople were to credit information from "detainees" at Gitmo to this operation, as if to justify the entire Gitmo detention.

Do others feel a noticable lightening on your shoulders? It is strange, but the death of one homicidal madman can make the world a better place. I mourn the death of the woman used as a, "human shield" though. Unfortunate, but necessary, collateral damage.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Virgi
Virgi
  • Threads: 0
May 2nd, 2011 at 3:28:05 PM permalink
I also find it interesting that no one has yet been named as a recipient of a part of or all of the US Government's $25million bounty for OBL's kill or capture. They don't even say if there is one or not. Why not answer the simple question? It's over, right? This is like Trump having to pull Obama's teeth out all over again just to get his birth certificate out in the open like every previous president has done willingly.

And now we even have Cindy Sheehan inputting doubts:
“I am sorry, but if you believe the newest death of OBL, you're stupid,” wrote Cindy Sheehan on Facebook. “Just think to yourself—they paraded Saddam's dead sons around to prove they were dead—why do you suppose they hastily buried this version of OBL at sea?”

It just seems this president has no clue on how to talk to the American public. All he cares about is his image to a worldwide audience.
thecesspit
thecesspit
May 2nd, 2011 at 3:53:26 PM permalink
This, dear friends, is the problem with the 24 hour rolling news generation WHERE EVERY single QUESTION must be answered IMMEDIATELY.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
May 2nd, 2011 at 5:01:35 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I shouldn't even bother responding, but we probably did take lots of pictures. However, it wouldn't be dignified to release them to the public. It would come off as grotesque, perverse, and undignified. Go ahead and believe the whole thing was a conspiracy to boost morale; I don't really care. I do think that such fringe opinions belong in the Free Speech Zone, and ask that you continue with this topic there.

Not commenting on it being fake as logic tells me that no POTUS would take a chance like this as if Bin Ladden showed up alive later he would look so foolish the very security of the country could be in danger.

That being said, I see no problem releasing a picture. Didn't we publish pictures of Mussolini's hanging body in newspapers across the country? And that is just one I can think of right now. Simply from a historical prespective I think it is a necessary thing to do.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
May 2nd, 2011 at 5:16:04 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I shouldn't even bother responding, but we probably did take lots of pictures. However, it wouldn't be dignified to release them to the public. It would come off as grotesque, perverse, and undignified. Go ahead and believe the whole thing was a conspiracy to boost morale; I don't really care. I do think that such fringe opinions belong in the Free Speech Zone, and ask that you continue with this topic there.

I guess even our own government couldn't resist releasing some photos.

It's a shame, they should have just left it alone.

• Jump to: