54 votes (76.05%)
4 votes (5.63%)

71 members have voted

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
December 22nd, 2010 at 5:00:05 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

African Americans are Americans who are from Africa. Some of those people are white (South Africans, Zimbabwans, Egyptians, etc.). Some people who are black identify as Caribbean, Panamanian, Fijian, Samoaan, etc. Refering to all people who are black as "african american" incorrectly excludes white africans and incorrectly includes black people who do not identify as african. Further, saying "he's the black guy" is like saying "she's the bigger gal" or "they're bald." It gives the proper and obvious identifying characteristic without imposing an unknown and unnecessary cultural identification.

What i find halarious is when some news anchor by either their own PC talk or reading the teleprompter and call a black african "african-american." It happened one station a balck woman won Miss South Africa and the station said she was the "first african american to win that title." There was a flood of calls to correct it.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
December 22nd, 2010 at 5:13:23 PM permalink
Quote: ElectricDreams

Your continuing insinuations about us who refrain from using our real names as being cowardly is hilarious, by the way.

Yeah, I wonder how he feels about "Rob Singer" not being a real name either (it's a parody of "Bob Dancer").
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
December 22nd, 2010 at 5:55:51 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

Yeah, I wonder how he feels about "Rob Singer" not being a real name either (it's a parody of "Bob Dancer").

You need to study things more before you write. RS has had a website for 10 years at least, and he's always had his real name listed there as well as disclosing it in his longtime videos and on many of the other forums.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
December 22nd, 2010 at 6:14:42 PM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

You need to study things more before you write. RS has had a website for 10 years at least, and he's always had his real name listed there as well as disclosing it in his longtime videos and on many of the other forums.

Is the Wizard wrong?
Quote: Wizard's interview w/ Singer

He also had a good sense of humor. His pseudo-name, Rob Singer, was chosen as a parody of the name of his main nemesis, Bob Dancer. If he ever writes to me again with more evidence of his claims, I would be happy to entertain them.

http://wizardofodds.com/news/Chat-wih-Rob-Singer.html
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
December 22nd, 2010 at 7:11:54 PM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

Is the Wizard wrong?

Quote: Wizard's interview w/ Singer
He also had a good sense of humor. His pseudo-name, Rob Singer, was chosen as a parody of the name of his main nemesis, Bob Dancer. If he ever writes to me again with more evidence of his claims, I would be happy to entertain them.

1. The Wizard is not wrong.
2. I didn't know that's how Singer chose his pen name. Pretty slick if you ask me.

Other than that, i don't see how this exonerates you from being afraid to do whatever you can in order to get the info from RS.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
December 22nd, 2010 at 8:15:37 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

Is the Wizard wrong?

I think Jerry's point is that there are ways to find Rob's real name. The pseudonym isn't meant to protect Rob's identity so much as it's meant to mock Mr. Dancer. In some cases, it's a little different with online screennames - annonymity really is the desired effect.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
December 22nd, 2010 at 8:18:22 PM permalink
Also, Jerry: you have my real name and mailing address. You owe me $4...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 163
December 22nd, 2010 at 8:51:23 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Also, Jerry: you have my real name and mailing address. You owe me $4...

Just be patient. He'll soon make a million with the Jerry Springer method and he will be making so much cash he'll probably need to burn it so it doesn't fill up his house. So I'm sure you'll get the $4 out of sheer desperation to get rid of money.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
December 22nd, 2010 at 11:33:21 PM permalink
It is...er....INTERESTING that Singer started claiming to have won $985,000 at just about the exact same time that Dancer published his book, "Million Dollar Video Poker". I'm surprised Singer didn't claim to have won $1,000,005 just to say he had won more than Dancer. But then, math was never Singer's strong point.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
bjgod
bjgod
  • Threads: 3
December 23rd, 2010 at 12:25:21 AM permalink
The dont come from africa they come from Sumaria. Every culture and most modern religions can trace Homo sapian back to sumaria. Even those first to people in the bible the suamrians were worshiping a couple of people named adamu and eveo as the first of their species thousands and thousands of years before the bible was even a sparkle in anybodys eyes!
I am a blackjack machine programed to take in cards and shit out money!

• Jump to: