Poll

13 votes (18.3%)
54 votes (76.05%)
4 votes (5.63%)

71 members have voted

Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
December 28th, 2010 at 7:00:56 PM permalink
Quote: Calder

I'm wondering why a board devoted to gambling needs such a distinction. Do lesbians gamble differently than straights?



While the board focuses largely on gambling, It's also about Las Vegas. I don't know how lesbians gamble, but I know they may look for different things when it comes to certain non-gambling activities. I wouldn't mind a section for locals, for example, even if the math is the same for them as it is for tourists. But maybe they'd want to discuss topics related to living in Vegas
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
December 29th, 2010 at 7:22:42 AM permalink
Bad post, sorry. If a mod can delete this, I'd appreciate it.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
December 29th, 2010 at 7:22:42 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

If they are only having sexual relations with people of the oppisite sex then they are straight. It is about behavior, not some biology no one has proven yet.



I think that's the problem with some mundanes: you don't see past the surface.

These kinds of things, homosexuality and transgenderism, are deep-seated mind or mind/body issues, not just a simple matter of behavior.

A man desperate for sex at some woman-free environment, like prison or a naval vessel, who takes to having sex with other men is no more gay than you are. Because given the choice he'd take a woman over a man every time. Likewise a gay man trying to fit in and repress his sexual rpeferences does not turn straight even if he forces himself to have sex with women only.

There is a choice on whether to act on certain feelings one has. There is no choice about having such feelings.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
boymimbo
boymimbo
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5994
December 29th, 2010 at 7:57:08 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

I think that's the problem with some mundanes: you don't see past the surface.

These kinds of things, homosexuality and transgenderism, are deep-seated mind or mind/body issues, not just a simple matter of behavior.

A man desperate for sex at some woman-free environment, like prison or a naval vessel, who takes to having sex with other men is no more gay than you are. Because given the choice he'd take a woman over a man every time. Likewise a gay man trying to fit in and repress his sexual rpeferences does not turn straight even if he forces himself to have sex with women only.

There is a choice on whether to act on certain feelings one has. There is no choice about having such feelings.



Huh?

I would say that a man who chooses to have sex with another man is bi-sexual, at the least. It may not be his preference, but it is a choice. One can always take matters into their own hands. I mean, if I had a five year stint aboard the USS suck-my-dick, I would never, never, make the choice to say to my roommate Bob, "hey, bend over, I miss women."

I would say the same for a gay man? If he's choosing to have sex with woman, then he's bisexual.

My thought is that the combination of actions and thoughts completes one's sexuality. If I'm screwing my wife while fantasizing about her brother, then I'm bisexual. If I'm screwing her brother while fantasizing about my wife I'm still bisexual. If I'm screwing my wife while fantasizing about Scarlett Johanssen then I'm straight (and if I'm fantasizing about my wife, then I'm an angel). If I'm screwing my brother-in-law while fantasizing about, oh I don't know, Rob Blagoyovich, then I'm gay (and sick).

I think I just made myself sick.

--

In any case, I don't think the thoughts about being gay is a choice. You're attracted to what you're attracted to. Given that "gay" exists outside of the human species, some of it is genetic in origin.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
December 29th, 2010 at 8:25:16 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Huh?

I would say that a man who chooses to have sex with another man is bi-sexual, at the least. It may not be his preference, but it is a choice.



Because the desire isn't there. It's an act borne of desperation, not sexual attraction.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11637
December 29th, 2010 at 4:30:16 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

I think that's the problem with some mundanes: you don't see past the surface.

These kinds of things, homosexuality and transgenderism, are deep-seated mind or mind/body issues, not just a simple matter of behavior.

A man desperate for sex at some woman-free environment, like prison or a naval vessel, who takes to having sex with other men is no more gay than you are. Because given the choice he'd take a woman over a man every time. Likewise a gay man trying to fit in and repress his sexual rpeferences does not turn straight even if he forces himself to have sex with women only.

There is a choice on whether to act on certain feelings one has. There is no choice about having such feelings.




A man having sex with other men by choice is at the least bisexual, more properly gay. Or if he goes with other men when women are not available I would also classify him as "trysexual." ie: He will try anything.

Years ago if a man had feelings for men or a woman for women, they saw a psyciatrist or some other counsler who rightly tried to fix it, since it is not natural behavior. Since the mid 1970s this seems to have changed, along with lots of other things in society that "aren't the person's fault." So instead of teaching someone to fix the behavioral problem they are taught to "deal with it and keep self-esteem."

The connection seems to be an overly-high sex drive coupled with low self-control. Put most guys in an all-male envrionment and they will wish a woman was around. Few, however, will say "well, only guys around so why not?" Some, however, will. Compare prison with say a submarine. Even xcepting forced rape (a crime of control not sex) more guys in prison will hook up with each other than on the sub. It is a self-control issue. People end up in prison due to lack of self control and get put on subs because of it.

But it is still a choice.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
December 29th, 2010 at 4:54:30 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

A man having sex with other men by choice is at the least bisexual, more properly gay. Or if he goes with other men when women are not available I would also classify him as "trysexual." ie: He will try anything.



If you chose to define homosexuality as simply "having sex within one's gender," you'd be wrong. A homosexual relationship involves a great deal more than just sexual attraction, just like heterosexual relationships do.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11637
December 29th, 2010 at 5:10:12 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

If you chose to define homosexuality as simply "having sex within one's gender," you'd be wrong. A homosexual relationship involves a great deal more than just sexual attraction, just like heterosexual relationships do.



So by that logic a gay bar or gay bath house is not for "homosexals?"

Based on average number of partners alone, homosexual relationships are based far more on sex than heterosexual ones. The gay lobby wants Mr and Mrs America to think gay relationships are the same as straight ones and gay behavior is the same as straights, just with members of the same sex (MOSS.) Look beyond the "approved" surface and you see more partners and more casual sex.

Sorry, I don't buy the "more complex" argument. You have sex with members of your sex, you are homosexual.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
December 29th, 2010 at 5:24:18 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Sorry, I don't buy the "more complex" argument. You have sex with members of your sex, you are homosexual.



So if you choose to eat a salad you're vegetarian?

I don't dispute that homosexuality is abnormal. I dispute that it's wrong or immoral.

And before you start knocking on bath houses, you may want to look at escort services, the former governor of New York, Bill Clinton, and those profitable "porn-slappers" on the Strip. Because straights do like to stick theirs all over the place, too.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11637
December 29th, 2010 at 5:46:08 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

So if you choose to eat a salad you're vegetarian?

I don't dispute that homosexuality is abnormal. I dispute that it's wrong or immoral.

And before you start knocking on bath houses, you may want to look at escort services, the former governor of New York, Bill Clinton, and those profitable "porn-slappers" on the Strip. Because straights do like to stick theirs all over the place, too.



If you ate nothing but salad you would be a vegetarian.

I will continue to knock on bath houses because they are about one-time sex with some stranger, possibly several sessions with several strangers in the same day. Yes, there are escort services and porn-slappers. Prostitution is the oldest profession after all. But they do not compare. The nubmer of straights who use these services will be smaller than the percentage of gays who use a bath house or some other similar service.

Sorry, I just find the pracitce of something so against basic biology wrong.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

  • Jump to: