HeySlick
HeySlick
Joined: Jan 13, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 277
February 12th, 2016 at 8:55:46 AM permalink
Quote: HowMany

I blame Obama for NOTHING. I blame the mindless idiots that voted for a man with no business or real-world experience at ANYTHING! Except dividing people.





RIGHT ON!!!

I seriously doubt those individuals will be voting in the next election --
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay 
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 797
February 12th, 2016 at 9:48:13 AM permalink
Quote: HeySlick

We have different perspectives on his overall competence. He's divided the country on racial lines and that isn't good on SO many fronts. Hopefully our next President won't carry on with Obamas unfinished agenda (s).



Okay, exactly how has Obama divided the country on racial lines? Please cite specific examples of actual policy. You know, actual evidence based on reality, not unsubstantiated opinion pulled out of the air and declared as fact with nothing to support it.
HeySlick
HeySlick
Joined: Jan 13, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 277
February 12th, 2016 at 10:06:49 AM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

Okay, exactly how has Obama divided the country on racial lines? Please cite specific examples of actual policy. You know, actual evidence based on reality, not unsubstantiated opinion pulled out of the air and declared as fact with nothing to support it.





He's done it Subliminally - and the weak minded individuals within our society fell for it hook line and sinker.


here's some info you should read about Obama and his self-righteousness - especially the Solyndra (sp?) mess.
http://www.commdiginews.com/politics-2/barack-obama-a-pop-president-that-has-a-great-beat-you-can-dance-to-13721/ He truly is the Solyndra President.
Last edited by: HeySlick on Feb 12, 2016
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay 
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 797
February 12th, 2016 at 3:01:27 PM permalink
Quote: HeySlick

He's done it Subliminally...



Wow.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 98
  • Posts: 14043
February 12th, 2016 at 4:45:38 PM permalink
Quote: HeySlick

He's done it Subliminally - and the weak minded individuals within our society fell for it hook line and sinker.


here's some info you should read about Obama and his self-righteousness - especially the Solyndra (sp?) mess.
http://www.commdiginews.com/politics-2/barack-obama-a-pop-president-that-has-a-great-beat-you-can-dance-to-13721/ He truly is the Solyndra President.



I would argue the opposite. Obama's election brought out the worst (that already existed) in a lot of bigoted Americans, exposed it to the light of day. The country has long been divided on racial lines, dating back well prior to the Civil War. It's become not just politically incorrect, but socially unacceptable, to admit the bias, so people so inclined reach for any excuse to belittle him other than his color, including many things beyond any President's control, and refuse to acknowledge what he has accomplished.

It's largely ignored, but in some ways the worst part for those folks is that his mom was white, and he's mixed race. Also kind of funny that, at first (pre-Iowa), the black community repudiated him because of his mom, but now embrace him as a black, and the white community (those who care, anyway) see her as something unspeakable, rather than him as white.

What MB posted is simply the facts. If there is any one factor/change that correlates with the disparity growing, it's the union-busting activities starting with Reagan, which has included breaking union contracts, de-regulating many industries, and offshore locations for many industries in order to pay lower wages. All of these directly affect middle-class wages negatively, and collectively have caused wages to stagnate and good-paying jobs to evaporate, while the money that would have gone to growing those wage rates and funding pensions and benefits has instead gone to shareholders, executives, and investment bankers. Add to that the disappearance in infrastructure spending as government has contracted in size and budget (millions of jobs in highway/bridge/runway/etc. construction), and you get the lopsided effects of the last 40 years shown in those graphs.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
HeySlick
HeySlick
Joined: Jan 13, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 277
February 12th, 2016 at 5:52:55 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I would argue the opposite. Obama's election brought out the worst (that already existed) in a lot of bigoted Americans, exposed it to the light of day. The country has long been divided on racial lines, dating back well prior to the Civil War. It's become not just politically incorrect, but socially unacceptable, to admit the bias, so people so inclined reach for any excuse to belittle him other than his color, including many things beyond any President's control, and refuse to acknowledge what he has accomplished.

It's largely ignored, but in some ways the worst part for those folks is that his mom was white, and he's mixed race. Also kind of funny that, at first (pre-Iowa), the black community repudiated him because of his mom, but now embrace him as a black, and the white community (those who care, anyway) see her as something unspeakable, rather than him as white.

What MB posted is simply the facts. If there is any one factor/change that correlates with the disparity growing, it's the union-busting activities starting with Reagan, which has included breaking union contracts, de-regulating many industries, and offshore locations for many industries in order to pay lower wages. All of these directly affect middle-class wages negatively, and collectively have caused wages to stagnate and good-paying jobs to evaporate, while the money that would have gone to growing those wage rates and funding pensions and benefits has instead gone to shareholders, executives, and investment bankers. Add to that the disappearance in infrastructure spending as government has contracted in size and budget (millions of jobs in highway/bridge/runway/etc. construction), and you get the lopsided effects of the last 40 years shown in those graphs.




I highlighted the area I will comment on -- the list within the link I posted above collectively lists his numerous failures and you insist on playing the race card -
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Joined: May 10, 2010
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 3415
February 12th, 2016 at 6:34:39 PM permalink
In addition to the president’s playing distinct favorites with some groups and disfavorites with others, it is clear that he not only has not done very much to bring peoples together, but he and his team have accomplished the exact opposite:

“A liberated Obama is more overt in his sense of victimization. Now he can be more explicit than his Clingers 1.0 indictment and quite openly allege that his family’s background and race best explain his plight ("I think if you are talking about the specific virulence of some of the opposition directed towards me, then, you know, that may be explained by the particulars of who I am”). But as before, the Obama victimization argument fails in a variety of ways, and, sadly, tells us more about the president himself than those who he alleges were captives of their prejudices.

“If “who I am” explains Obama’s nosedive in the polls, why, for example, did voters or “pockets” of “the Republican Party” for nearly a year, at least in opinion samplings, seem to like newcomer African-American Ben Carson more so than better connected white male candidates, both party functionaries such as Jeb Bush and John Kasich, and erstwhile Tea-Party favorites such as Rand Paul, Rick Perry, and Scott Walker? Was Ben Carson less authentically representative of the American black experience than Barack Obama?

“How did it happen that Barack Obama in 2008 won a larger share of the white vote than had white liberal presidential candidates of the past such as Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, John Kerry, Michael Dukakis, and Walter Mondale? And if the white votes of nearly 55% against Obama in 2008 and 59% in 2012 are, according to the president, windows into racial bias, what would he call the 93% of the black vote that went to an African-American Obama?
“Was that unprecedented margin likewise driven, in Obama’s worldview, by “who I am” rather than his prior record of political achievement? If Hillary Clinton continues to support the Obama agenda, will she too garner 93% of the African-American vote? But if not, will it be due to “who I am” considerations?
Is there any evidence to suggest that either the public or the press has been harder on Obama than, say, on former President George W. Bush?

“Public figures like Linda Ronstadt, Harold Pinter, Scott Ritter, Ted Rall, and George Soros all once tagged Bush with the Hitler slur. So did Sen. John Glenn, activist Julian Bond, and a vein-bulging Al Gore.” —pjmedia

Even the leftists recognize that the problems have grown, but they fault everyone and everything BUT the president:

“The racial climate during Obama’s watch has become even more divisive. Seven years into his presidency, we’ve witnessed one race-related tragedy after another. The murder of Trayvon Martin was followed by the Charleston massacre, and the deaths of black folks at the hands of white police officers in Illinois, Ohio, New York, South Carolina and Texas.

“Further, as the current GOP race makes plain, race and racism aren’t confined to the black-white paradigm.

“Race is also part of the discussion around immigration, as undocumented Latino immigrants are often derided by the GOP as criminals. Likewise, in the aftermath of the Paris and San Bernardino attacks, Muslims have come under Republican fire, as Donald Trump and Ted Cruz – and GOP rank and file – support banning their entry into the United States.

“Why the rancor?

“What accounts for the racial rancor during Obama’s watch?
First, Obama’s election served as a “wake-up” call for the 20 percent of the electorate who appears driven by fear, anxiety and anger. To them, Obama’s election is associated with what they believe is America’s decline. The anger and anxiety over this imagined diminution of America suggests why some feel the need to “take their country back.

“Further, the election of Obama, for many on the hard right, validates their belief that racism is a red herring. In other words, the election of Obama is “proof” that racism is a thing of the past. This leads the hard right to believe that policies like affirmative action aimed at the mitigation of racism are no longer needed.” raw story
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay 
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 797
February 12th, 2016 at 6:35:02 PM permalink
Quote: HeySlick

...you insist on playing the race card -

Yeah, remember this one?
Quote: HeySlick

I contend his absolute incompetence before and during his entire Presidency has been ignored, because of his ethnicity.

Who's playing the race card now?

And your "article" is much like your posts here -- wild assertions with Absolutely. Nothing. To. Back. Them. Up. I mean, come on, when I asked you to back up your claim that Obama divided America on racial lines, you said "He did so subliminally." If that's what passes for reasoned analysis...oh never mind.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 134
  • Posts: 17480
February 12th, 2016 at 7:18:52 PM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

99 % of the people who have a bad opinion about a president have no legitimate reason why. They don't have a clue what's really going on. They just don't like them for one reason or another. They hear things and automatically believe them. You can present all the facts you want, they won't change their minds.

You can compare them to system bettors, there's probably a correlation.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
HeySlick
HeySlick
Joined: Jan 13, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 277
February 12th, 2016 at 8:08:12 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

99 % of the people who have a bad opinion about a president have no legitimate reason why. They don't have a clue what's really going on. They just don't like them for one reason or another. They hear things and automatically believe them. You can present all the facts you want, they won't change their minds.

You can compare them to system bettors, there's probably a correlation.

erere


Here's some reality for your viewing:

Solyndra, the solar panel manufacturer that took more than $500 million from President Obama’s stimulus then went bust, sticking taxpayers for the loss, lied to federal officials to secure the loan, the Energy Department’s inspector general said in a report released Wednesday.

But the Obama administration goofed too and may have cut corners in fully vetting the project because of “political pressure” from top Democrats and Solyndra itself, the investigators said in their report, which took four years to complete.

The list of blunders continues as needed --- you're in denial if you believe the above, never happened.

  • Jump to: