Thread Rating:

hwccdealer
hwccdealer
  • Threads: 11
July 10th, 2013 at 4:09:40 PM permalink
If a man didn't get married, who would he cheat on? (Yes, it sounds like Philosoraptor.) But if a man wants to cheat, by definition, he has to be tied down; otherwise, he's just a bachelor with a lot of women.

Honestly, though, even as a man, I've grown to be less sympathetic to men being cheated on. My brother got cheated on by an ex of his, and at first, I was on his side, but he told me all the things she did - forbade him from having female friends, wouldn't let him give his pet fish female names, acted like an insecure crazy person - and I decided that it wasn't her fault for being a cheater; it was his fault for letting her get away with stomping all over him.
helgeklinger
helgeklinger
  • Threads: 0
Thanks for this post from:
TropicalElectri
May 16th, 2017 at 7:34:49 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

I've always wondered this. Why in the world would a man get married, and lie and make a life-long commitment to someone just to go out and cheat anyway? This worries me. I've never been married and I don't think I could marry someone if I thought they were dishonest and not loyal. How could I ever trust someone who would lie to me in regards to committing to me?

I met a man once who had a wife, a girlfriend, and would sleep with other women all at the same time. He told me, "If you go into a marriage knowing that every man cheats then it'll be easier on you." Say what? I don't want to sound naive cuz I know that there are cheating men out there. Does it actually go against nature for people to marry and stay monogamous for the rest of their lives? Maybe we're not meant to be monogomous. I'm very confused on the subject.

So why do men get married if they're just going to cheat? So they can make babies or have someone at home cleaning and doing their laundry? I don't get it.

Because they are a JERK.
monet0412
monet0412
  • Threads: 9
May 16th, 2017 at 7:42:36 PM permalink
The answer is very simple to me. Lie, Cheat, and Steal. This the American way and the way of the world since the beginning.

You do not have to play this game but don't ask WHY when you will be exploited for not participating.

Interesting point is that if you are strong enough to not participate you will win in the end but you will have to be able to swallow a lot of pride and pain for your entire life. Giving is always stronger than receiving just like forgiveness is stronger than revenge but it isn't easy to stay on that straight and narrow path.
MagnusBjuvman12
MagnusBjuvman12
May 18th, 2017 at 1:49:57 AM permalink
All people cheat. not just men
arethamorce
arethamorce
April 30th, 2019 at 6:51:36 PM permalink
married men who cheat means, men looking for his own suffering
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 23
April 30th, 2019 at 8:36:35 PM permalink
Players should get married late in life, after we have it mostly out of our system. The urges are controllable by then. We might still look but we won't bother to act since we've pretty much already done it all.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 30th, 2019 at 9:40:14 PM permalink
Men cheat for the same reasons women cheat. I just think the thresholds are different.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
May 1st, 2019 at 2:48:55 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Men cheat for the same reasons women cheat. I just think the thresholds are different.

I think there's an added couple of incentives for men to cheat. Men have a biological urge to spread their seed. It's social convention, not their nature, to be monogamous. I'm talking caveman, back-of-the-brain impulse. Women's brains, on that level, are about having a strong mate to protect them while pregnant or raising their young.

I also think there's a certain amount of provocation in dressing women as sexily as possible and using them to sell everything. Men are constantly bombarded with advertising featuring young sexy women coming on to them. It creates an environment of desire and need. Marketing directed at women is very different, though a lot of it creates a desire to be the object of that lust or attention.

So I think men cheat more easily and more often than women, and for some different reasons, but some the same (boredom, strong offspring, demonstrations of power, envy, lust).
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
May 1st, 2019 at 3:02:30 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

So I think men cheat more easily and more often than women

How is that even possible when it takes one of each sex? Are you pulling in the Miata drivers with the men?
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
May 1st, 2019 at 3:20:07 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

How is that even possible when it takes one of each sex? Are you pulling in the Miata drivers with the men?

Lol. No. But prostitution makes things lopsided, for one. Women with kids are less likely to cheat than men with kids. Women without kids probably equally likely. JMHO.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.

• Jump to: