JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
October 13th, 2009 at 2:23:18 PM permalink
This thread is to be used to discuss restaurants and dining available at Wynn/Encore.
shaun5
shaun5
  • Threads: 5
March 17th, 2010 at 3:02:26 PM permalink
Just got back from spending a few days at the Wynn. We ate dinner one night at Stratta. Very good food! When we sat down, we were brought a basket that held some flatbread with baked cheese and some slices of crusty bread. Along with that was a small bowl of the freshest pesto I have ever tasted. We started off with a cheese plate appetizer which featured three kinds of cheese, two mini loaves of cranberry bread, and some pear compote. For the main course, my wife had linguine with clams (four clams) and I had a dish of ricotta and potato dumplings with a bolognese sauce (I forget the name and it's not on the menu on their website). For dessert my wife had an apple tart and I had the gelato / sorbet - one scoop of chocolate, one scoop of hazelnut gelato, and one scoop of green apple sorbet. (You can pick your flavors from about 4 each of gelato or sorbet.) My wife had two glasses of white wine and I had a cocktail. Our bill, with tip, came to $125 before tip.

The food was fantastic. The service was just ok. I expected more from a high end restaurant. Once we were seated, it took about 5 minutes for someone to show up and hand us menus and bring water. Once our food was delivered, the waiter never returned to ask if everything was ok and we never saw him again until he cleared our plates and pitched dessert. The restaurant was not busy when we sat down (6 PM on a Sunday), and was moderately busy when we left about an hour later. When I made my reservation, I was asked if this was for a special occasion. I told them it was our anniversary. When we were at the restaurant, there was no mention of this and nothing special was done. Why ask if you aren't going to do something? It's a small restaurant and our table was fairly close to the adjoining tables - so much so that we had no problems listening in on our neighbor's conversation. I felt uncomfortable talking knowing that they could undoubtedly hear our conversation as well. We were at a two-top against the side wall of the restaurant. If we were a larger party of four, they had bigger tables in the middle of the room that weren't quite so close to other tables and this probably wouldn't have been a problem.

Stratta had excellent food, but next time we'll probably try a different restaurant because of the waitstaff and seating arrangements.
  • Jump to: