jon
jon
  • Threads: 11
November 10th, 2009 at 4:16:32 PM permalink
I was excited to finally get to see the "Sirens," the revamped TI Pirate Show (since I really liked the original show), but this was the biggest letdown I've experienced in Vegas. I would rate the show an 'F'. Am I being too harsh? Maybe the TI can just bring back the original show?
MrPapagiorgio
MrPapagiorgio
  • Threads: 58
November 11th, 2009 at 3:02:10 PM permalink
This post should probably be moved from Tropicana to Treasure Island
So I says to him, I said "Get your own monkey!"
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
November 11th, 2009 at 3:29:36 PM permalink
Quote: ChallengedByOdds

This post should probably be moved frmo Tropicana to Treasure Island

Done - thanks.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1493
November 26th, 2009 at 9:19:33 PM permalink
Quote: jon

I was excited to finally get to see the "Sirens," the revamped TI Pirate Show (since I really liked the original show), but this was the biggest letdown I've experienced in Vegas. I would rate the show an 'F'. Am I being too harsh? Maybe the TI can just bring back the original show?

I liked the original show better too. They say they changed it to make the property more adult-oriented. Plus, everybody was bored with the old show. I do think you're being too harsh on a free show. My prediction is that there won't be any free show with live actors there five years from now.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
November 27th, 2009 at 2:33:41 PM permalink
Quote: jon

I never saw the old show, so I can't compare. The current show, though, gets mixed grades. On the one hand the story line is way too contrived and mostly ridiculous, the dialogue isn't much better. On the other hand there are very attractive young women wearing very little in the way of clothes (but of course that doesn't have the same kind of impact in Vegas).

Overall I agree with the Wizard: you get what you'd expect from a free show. Me, I'd rather see the Bellagio fountains.

BTW I've heard TI was sold off by MGM. If that's the case, the new ownership may bring changes to the show.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1493
November 27th, 2009 at 3:28:54 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

BTW I've heard TI was sold off by MGM. If that's the case, the new ownership may bring changes to the show.

That is true. That is in no small part why I predicted they would get rid of it.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: