FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14468
March 12th, 2018 at 6:19:42 AM permalink
Westgate has installed over six hundred beverage ordering terminals linked to a player's club card.
Cocktails will be ordered electronically and merely bought by a cocktail waitress.

People who play slot machines and are in the club's highest tier will see a special menu for premium drinks.

All menu's default to the player's favorite drink selections once their card is inserted into the slot machine

Further details at LV Sun.
Last edited by: FleaStiff on Mar 12, 2018
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
March 12th, 2018 at 6:26:57 AM permalink
Last I heard the NV Culinary Union had something in place to outlaw(?) this type of thing.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 3093
March 12th, 2018 at 6:32:23 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Last I heard the NV Culinary Union had something in place to outlaw(?) this type of thing.


Every CET casino on the east coast has a touchscreen ordering system built into each machine. I was surprised this wasn’t a thing in Vegas but this might explain why.

Having a diamond card does unlock a premium drink menu as well.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
March 12th, 2018 at 6:41:47 AM permalink
This is one of the reasons I will play at Caesars in AC

When horseshoe in Cleveland was sold I was surprised that Jack didn't keep that system since it was already in place.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14468
March 12th, 2018 at 7:24:42 AM permalink
Do bartenders, barbacks and tray lizards all belong to the same union in Vegas?

The devices do not eliminate bar tenders.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
March 12th, 2018 at 7:40:34 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Do bartenders, barbacks and tray lizards all belong to the same union in Vegas?

The devices do not eliminate bar tenders.



Why wouldn't waitresses want that system. Instead of them looking for people to order they are being directed directly to them. Those people are still going to tip. I would think it would increase tips.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 72
  • Posts: 6405
March 12th, 2018 at 8:01:48 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Why wouldn't waitresses want that system. Instead of them looking for people to order they are being directed directly to them. Those people are still going to tip. I would think it would increase tips.



Possibly because it wouldn't require as many cocktail waitresses. I think unions generally want as many members as possible because each has to pay dues.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 3093
March 12th, 2018 at 8:03:02 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Why wouldn't waitresses want that system. Instead of them looking for people to order they are being directed directly to them. Those people are still going to tip. I would think it would increase tips.


Does NV have touchscreen ordering in any venue? I could see unions opposing that sort of thing in fast food type restaurants.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 146
  • Posts: 18252
March 12th, 2018 at 8:10:04 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Does NV have touchscreen ordering in any venue? I could see unions opposing that sort of thing in fast food type restaurants.

I don't think so.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 173
  • Posts: 9636
March 12th, 2018 at 12:12:36 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Does NV have touchscreen ordering in any venue? I could see unions opposing that sort of thing in fast food type restaurants.



Are fast food restaurants union?

  • Jump to: