RiverRock
RiverRock
  • Threads: 3
October 19th, 2009 at 3:55:44 PM permalink
When I went to Las Vegas early this year, my friend Joe was insisting that we get VIP tickets to see this show. I was extremely hesitant at first, mostly because of the $260+ price tag just to sit in the front and do a meet and greet after the show. But Joe had gone to the show TWICE already so I figured it isn't much different from blowing $260 at the tables. I really didn't expect much from the show....

...until the curtains went up.

Marie Osmond is the hottest 50-year-old entertainer in the world. I couldn't believe how utterly gorgeous she was. All those Nutri-System commercials really didn't do her justice. Hey, even if a lot of it was makeup, she is beautiful.

The show itself is a perfect example of what a Vegas show should be about; glitz and glamor. They work very hard to make the show work, as everything is choreographed in detail. Even seemingly ad-lib moments have been planned in advance (I know this because I've now seen the show three times, Joe I've lost track I think six or seven now).

The beginning of the show has the two of them singing, then Marie does a few of her favorites, as well as having a little chat with the audience. Then she actually sings opera, coincidentally one of my favorites Pie Jesu. Wow.

Oh, yeah, and then Donny sings. He's ageless as well.

This is one of the best shows in Vegas. Don't miss it.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
July 23rd, 2010 at 3:13:28 PM permalink
Just curious about the reasons folks will see a show more than once. Do they add new material, or even rotate the material? It doesn't sound like it. I, personally, have a hard time justifying the cost more than once, especially when the same $260 could return thousands at the tables. Is the meet and greet worth the money?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
  • Jump to: