brindle
brindle
  • Threads: 3
September 1st, 2011 at 9:50:39 AM permalink
Just got back from a 3 day stay at Ceasar's. The Harrah's management continues to slowly destroy the place for a fair gamble. The latest rip off is the new 6-card "1 million" bet on 3 card poker (18% house odds according to Wizard). It was heavily advertised and i noticed they had replace one of the let-it-ride and one of the 4-card-poker tables with 3-card tables. I'd guess at least half the 'carnival' game tables were now 3-card, advertising the new sucker 'bet'. I can stomach a dollar sucker bet (like the let-it-ride one, more like a lottery) but to have a 5-dollar bet with such egregious odds is downright crappy.

Oh course, the table limits for the 3-card were mostly 5 dollar (and a few 10 dollar) even into the evening. They must be trying to get people to try out the new 'bet'. At 18% house advantage, it's probably a lot more money into the Ceasar's coffers to have a person betting 5-5-5 instead of having a higher table limit with only the traditional bets.

I might mention that the slots seemed to be really tight too. There are a few 25c 8-5 JoB machines toward the back, but each trip those dwindle and are replaced with 7-5's. Once all those are gone, so am I.

I did hit a natural 4-dueces on a 5 play machine, but that was my only luckly hit for this trip.
  • Jump to: