GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 21st, 2018 at 12:51:20 PM permalink
I have Diamond through CET so we wanted to use our free show on mat Franco. You can only get them 3 days in advance. On Wednesday we went to get the tickets and was told they were sold out. I am not sure if they were actually sold out or just sold out of the free tickets. We only had time to see a show on Saturday night before our flight so while we looked at the list it was looking like nothing would work out. My wife was a little disappointed because we had wanted to see the show. While we were talking the ticket agent started typing away. I assume she was chatting with someone. She came over and said that she was able to get 2 tickets for us. We were thrilled. Then she offered an upgrade to premium seats for $10 each. We figured what the hell why not. $20 to get the big comfy leather seats is a pretty good deal. I looked it up and they were $108 seats plus fees. So we paid $20 for 2 tickets that would have cost about $250. I really like this perk for Diamond. The show appeared to be completely sold out. Mat must be making so much money.

So anyways on to the show. Before the show we went down to Carnival court and each had a fickle dip and then we got 1 to go which we took to the theater. We got to the theater and there was a long line. However there is a diamond line to get seated without a wait. We quickly got ushered to our seats. The seats were about 6 rows from the stage and as expected they were extra wide and comfy seats.

One thing that I was worried about is, was he going to do all of his tricks from AGT or would it be fresh. For the most part it was all new.. EXCEPT for the f'ing trick that he did AGT where he had the cell phone under someones chair. He did the same thing except it was in the table. plus it was in a table that was "randomly" picked by 2 people using cards.

My favorite trick was when he had 2 hollow tubes and a table. He kept making bottles of wine appear out of the tube. He ended up with 12 bottles on the table. I have seen this trick before on TV but never live. It was phenomenal. Maybe the bottles were on the a shelf behind the table but there was a point where he made 4 bottles appear without moving the tube back to reload. He just lifted, set it down and lifted again. It was amazing.

Overall the show was absolutely amazing. It was possibly my favorite show that I have seen in Vegas. His tricks were amazing and smooth. I liked how they did videos of his life and him growing up. It shows how hard he has worked to get to this point. His presentation was amazing as well. He was much funnier than I was expecting. He also laughed a lot and it appears that he was really enjoying himself.

I can not wait to go back again which I will next year. Even if the tricks are the same we had such a great night that I want to do it again.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
October 21st, 2018 at 1:45:40 PM permalink
I am so glad you had a great time at his show. He's one of the bright new spots in entertainment - been cheering for him since his first audition on AGT, and I'm really happy to hear he's still selling well.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
October 21st, 2018 at 4:04:52 PM permalink
Thanks for the review. I might have to check it out during my trip at the end of November.

How do the free shows for Diamond members work, do you just go to the TR desk?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
ams288
October 21st, 2018 at 4:53:41 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Thanks for the review. I might have to check it out during my trip at the end of November.

How do the free shows for Diamond members work, do you just go to the TR desk?

You go to the tr desk and tell them you need the free show voucher. You take the free show voucher to the box office and they give you the tickets.

From everything that I have read his shows sell out almost every night. When you get the voucher I think you only have 72 hours to use it.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
October 21st, 2018 at 6:21:19 PM permalink
I saw his show about a year ago and thought it was outstanding.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
Mosca
October 21st, 2018 at 11:00:20 PM permalink
I am patiently waiting for Shin Lim.
GWAE
GWAE
October 22nd, 2018 at 4:19:35 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I am patiently waiting for Shin Lim.

Yeah I will see him too.
  • Jump to: