rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 163
April 24th, 2011 at 5:11:29 PM permalink
Quote: benbakdoff

That option is for administrators only and thus far they have not chosen to use it against the poster in question.

Would it be easy to monitor every post on every thread? That's what you expect the Wizard and JB to do?

Anyway, I condemn the following someone around and deleting every single post. Frankly, friends, you too need to get a life.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
  • Threads: 21
April 24th, 2011 at 5:16:04 PM permalink

The fact remains that a forum member in good standing who is abiding by the rules is being banned by as little as two members exercising the flagging option. I don't believe that power was intended for forum members and I wouldn't want to see posts busted simply because two members didn't like the poster.

The Nuclear Option does provide for banning disruptive members, even though they are following the rules. That option is for administrators only and thus far they have not chosen to use it against the poster in question.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't have a chance to read his posts but he was not in any way abiding by the rules.
EvenBob: "Look America, I have a tiny wee-wee, can anybody help me?"
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 24th, 2011 at 5:28:33 PM permalink
This is a unique situation because Altut is a member who was previously banned, and shouldn't have been allowed to come back. This was less self-censorship and more of a "community banning." I don't see the flag posts feature being a problem ... yet. If it is, Wiz/JB can always put more "weight" on the deletion feature which will create more of a consensus effect.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
benbakdoff
benbakdoff
  • Threads: 17
April 24th, 2011 at 5:31:00 PM permalink
Quote: JimMorrison

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't have a chance to read his posts but he was not in any way abiding by the rules.

You're right Jim. I didn't read all 110, but many of the ones I did read seemed harmless enough. I'm not going to bat for this loser but for the entire process. I would like nothing better than to see this person's name in red.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
April 24th, 2011 at 5:35:02 PM permalink
Ben- the Wiz has decided to allow long time forum members some leeway and trust them (us?) to make wise decisions. I only flagged 2 of his posts as Altut. But I am not averse to the other long time members jusst wanting to totally clear the air and bounce him.
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
April 24th, 2011 at 5:40:24 PM permalink

You're right Jim. I didn't read all 110, but many of the ones I did read seemed harmless enough. I'm not going to bat for this loser but for the entire process. I would like nothing better than to see this person's name in red.

Some were harmless, I didn't flag any of those. I did flag a lot of his posts though and evidently at least a few other members did or they all wouldn't be gone.
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
  • Threads: 17
April 24th, 2011 at 5:41:16 PM permalink
Quote: JimMorrison

Some were harmless, I didn't flag any of those. I did flag a lot of his posts though and evidently at least a few other members did or they all wouldn't be gone.

How do you flag a thread?
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 178
April 24th, 2011 at 6:31:31 PM permalink
Quote: ItsCalledSoccer

By this algorithm, MKL and JL's participation was not abusive. I disagree.

Clearly, the forum must and should have rules that the users may or may not like. And similarly clearly, it is possible to abuse those rules.

I don't think anyone knew about the "double flagging removes a post" rule, or it would have worked wonders against them. Now that it is known, it is doing what it is supposed to do. "JL" and "Rob Singer" aren't banned; the person behind the posts is banned. If that person is posting as "Altut", then cut him off at the pass. If he isn't disruptive it's just a matter of time, and we might as well shut it down now.

Abuse of the rules would be me and someone else teaming up to remove your posts, or you and someone else flagging mine. Keeping a banned person banned, that's what the rules are there for.
NO KILL I
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
April 24th, 2011 at 6:49:08 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

I don't think anyone knew about the "double flagging removes a post" rule, or it would have worked wonders against them.

Actually double flagging won't remove a post unless both people who flagged are senior members. WOO set up a sliding scale where the longer you've been a member the more weight your flagging has.
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
April 24th, 2011 at 6:52:16 PM permalink
Quote: Altut

The only reason my posts disappear is because JimMorrison couldn't handle the truth about the poker sites shutting down. A grown man crying couldn't make his inability to cope with the reality of the situation any clearer.

I'm not JL1 or 2 or Logan or whomever you label him. I am however fairly impressed with his pictures of actual winning he posted, and I am sure his critics are just burning up over them. I've been to Laughlin twice and I like it. You mean no one else besides JL1/2 does? That's where he hit a posted $12,000 winner from isn't it? That explains EvenBob's irritability. He CANNOT be a detective.

Go Canucks!

Get a grip with reality kid. It's obvious who you are and you make no sense when you talk about me and online poker. Get your facts straight. You're JerryLogan/RobSinger/whatever, most telling clue was you writing in the Best thread "Rob Singer is the best video poker player ever". Get a life, you've been banned here numerous times. Do you really have nothing else to do in life that to keep trolling where you clearly aren't welcome?

• Jump to: