Thread Rating:

Dean
Dean
  • Threads: 10
October 28th, 2015 at 2:43:59 AM permalink
In my case, I was baffled that someone would gamble away his haircut money and phone bill money, because I don't play with money that is supposed to be for other things. I am thankful that I was given a fair warning not to insult posters and was not banned on the spot.
Really, dude, you tried to buy a flat screen TV for only $3.99? Get out of here, you scam, con arist!
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
October 28th, 2015 at 2:56:51 AM permalink
Quote: Dean

In my case, I was baffled that someone would gamble away his haircut money and phone bill money, because I don't play with money that is supposed to be for other things. I am thankful that I was given a fair warning not to insult posters and was not banned on the spot.

Dean, I completely understand and I'm glad you're still here. I don't swear but I don't mind it as long as it's not directed at another person. Both you and Kentry did not do that.

Imagine with all the problems in the world, some people are bothered by harmless words.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
October 28th, 2015 at 3:05:21 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Imagine with all the problems in the world, some people are bothered by harmless words.

Or by harmless suspensions from a forum.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
October 28th, 2015 at 3:28:21 AM permalink
Lmfao
No longer hiring, donít ask because I wonít hire you either
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 132
October 28th, 2015 at 3:39:17 AM permalink

Here you go, Mission. More outright lies, insults, baiting and attacks on my character. Would you like to address this? No suspension please, just a warning. Unless you agree with this post. It's for the good of the forum.

I'll give you baiting and attacks on your character, but not Insults. He seems to be describing his perception of your actions.

In any case, RXWine, please try to refrain from baiting 1BB.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 132
October 28th, 2015 at 3:45:03 AM permalink

Who is bothered? Am I bothered? I have a mouth that could make a prostitute blush, but the Rules are the Rules. A cop might be inclined to vote for the legalization of weed given the opportunity. Maybe even smoke it, if legal and allowed by the P.D. However, if the cop is in a jurisdiction where it is illegal and catches someone in possession of it, then the cop generally has a duty to uphold the law.

I mean, all you need do is read a few of my posts prior to the. 'Keep it PG,' Rule to know I'm not offended.

Also, I know you didn't say me, personally. But, it goes for anyone, I don't know that anyone was actually, 'bothered.'
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 28th, 2015 at 4:15:40 AM permalink
I believe the rules have been set by the Wizard himself. I've spoken to him a few times regarding rules, suspensions, etc., and from what I got from it -- is it's very literal. If something is or can be construed as insulting [and offense is taken], then it is considered an insult and thus suspension-worthy. IMO, I don't like it that way. I would do it a different way, but, I do not hold the authority to change the rules or change how they should be enforced. So we have no option other than to go by the rules or challenge the rules [ie: try to have them amended]....and since they've been challenging several times and if anything, they've become stricter...the only remaining option is to either follow the rules or suffer the consequence of our rule-breaking actions, should they occur.

Quote: Mission146

In any case, RXWine, please try to refrain from baiting 1BB.

1BB has stated he's OK with being insulted as well as other things I don't remember off hand (perhaps being called a troll, sweared at, being baited, etc.).

Unless I'm misunderstanding what 1BB wrote, IF 1BB is OK with being baited....is that still a suspension-able act to bait 1BB? Or insult him, for that matter, if he's said he's OK with being insulted?
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 28th, 2015 at 4:27:57 AM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

I feel the same way- all these people come in here and I swear they don't even want to discuss gambling or even remotely related topics. Wish I could filter out all the non gambling stuff

You can block threads, for one thing.

The other thing that happened prior to the change in ownership was the creation of the other forum, where most of the chatter was supposed to go. In reality, most people wanted to stay here and talk about both gambling and other issues, like suspensions. Those discussions are now channeled to just a few active threads and I actually see MORE gambling-related threads on the top list than anything else at this point.

The currently popular "2016 Election" thread travels all over the place but the odds and other things are discussed regularly. The beauty of it is that you can completely ignore it if you want to very easily. Just scroll on by it and pay it no mind. The same goes for ANY thread you don't want to be involved in.

I like the mix because I have learned a lot here--I had no idea what AP even was (and no one gives away too much here, but it is a glimpse inside of it), I did not know the math of the games, I have sparred on issues with some smart people and learned some things, etc. I can ignore most DI-related threads because they all go in the same direction, but I read some of them.
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 88
October 28th, 2015 at 7:29:43 AM permalink
So good to be back! I just couldn't WAIT to post. More later.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
October 28th, 2015 at 7:47:32 AM permalink
Quote: RS

I believe the rules have been set by the Wizard himself. I've spoken to him a few times regarding rules, suspensions, etc., and from what I got from it -- is it's very literal. If something is or can be construed as insulting [and offense is taken], then it is considered an insult and thus suspension-worthy. IMO, I don't like it that way. I would do it a different way, but, I do not hold the authority to change the rules or change how they should be enforced. So we have no option other than to go by the rules or challenge the rules [ie: try to have them amended]....and since they've been challenging several times and if anything, they've become stricter...the only remaining option is to either follow the rules or suffer the consequence of our rule-breaking actions, should they occur.

1BB has stated he's OK with being insulted as well as other things I don't remember off hand (perhaps being called a troll, sweared at, being baited, etc.).

Unless I'm misunderstanding what 1BB wrote, IF 1BB is OK with being baited....is that still a suspension-able act to bait 1BB? Or insult him, for that matter, if he's said he's OK with being insulted?

You understand correctly, RS, and I can't be sure that my request is being honored or if the powers that be don't think that anyone has done the things that I describe. You'll have to ask the administrators and that answer would be most interesting, if you can get them to answer. It's not just about me, however, and that's what has to be understood. It is or should be about the good of the forum. Whenever someone takes a shot at me just for the sake of doing so, they make the entire forum look bad. When they hijack a thread time after time by adding nothing to the discussion, they make the forum look bad. I have asked over and over for them to at least make a comment on the subject at hand but they never do. They take their shot and slink away, in what I think is the height of selfishness.

Yes, I'm okay with being insulted because I don't believe that every minor misstep should end in suspension. Think of it as having a discussion with family or friends. Things are said and everyone moves on. It's called a spirited discussion. Nobody asks for it to recorded onto a list for eternity, especially on an in your face list like we have here. That's what makes the forum look bad.

Are bans and suspensions necessary? Of course they are but only for the worst offenses. Do suspensions quietly and don't celebrate them on a list for everyone to gawk at. This is the number one thread on the forum. Does anyone besides me find that a little odd? I find it sad.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi

• Jump to: