Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
October 21st, 2015 at 1:05:06 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Ahigh has been suspended, for 7 days, violation of Rule 4 with this post.

Without the approval of you know who?
Fines and reprimands could be issued later,
you know.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 29
October 21st, 2015 at 10:37:02 PM permalink
Really, so the acronym, Ship High In Transit, is cause for suspension? He should have used the word feces! Hopefully he has a few days to cool off and rethink his reasons for actually being here. He needs to, as Lyle Stuart once wrote; "Make money in the dark"
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
DeMango
DeMango
October 21st, 2015 at 10:42:24 PM permalink

Unfortunately a certain member has been allowed to badger Ahigh for years on this forum. Hopefully 1BB, the god of the injustice, will also speak out!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 21st, 2015 at 10:56:58 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

Unfortunately a certain member has been allowed to badger Ahigh for years

Badger? Really? It looks the opposite to me.
Could you link to some of these badgering
posts, I'm wondering if you even know
what badgering means.
DeMango
DeMango
October 22nd, 2015 at 12:21:36 AM permalink
Well Spike, I would say 18,000 posts have badgered quite a few of us!
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 22nd, 2015 at 12:28:39 AM permalink

Well Spike, I would say 18,000 posts have badgered quite a few of us!

So you have nothing, just as I thought.
That was easy..
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
October 22nd, 2015 at 3:04:38 AM permalink

Unfortunately a certain member has been allowed to badger Ahigh for years on this forum. Hopefully 1BB, the god of the injustice, will also speak out!

I do have some thoughts on Mr. Hightower's suspension but I'll have to read the entire thread. CliffsNotes anyone?

In the meantime, a quick search of this forum has resulted in Zcore13's information in two places, one given by him and the other by a forum member not involved in the latest thread. In that one the member reveals Zcore13's first name, last initial, occupation and place of employment. That member was not suspended and the post is still there. I will not quote it in case Zcore13 wants to take steps to have it removed.

The question now becomes about privacy. When information is already posted is there still the expectation of privacy? Regardless, in cases like this I would like to see more than one administrator involved in the suspension to avoid the appearance of bias. I'm not saying there is any. Let me repeat. I'm not saying there is any so the number one cheerleader doesn't have to add his two cents worth.

These are two guys who just don't see eye to eye. Suspension of either is not the answer. Maybe lock them in a room together?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 22nd, 2015 at 4:08:36 AM permalink
I think that AHigh's suspension was correct and reasonable based on the rules of the forum. He put someone's private info out there for everyone to see and did not appear to have permission. That is what the admin saw and that is what was acted on. Asking any admin to wait for a second opinion to avoid the appearance of bias seems to say that someone already believes there is bias. I don't think bias is a part of this decision and we've pretty much already learned and understand that different admins administer the rules according to their understanding of them and then calls get changed if a second admin disagrees.

This case should be looked at again based on the info that was already out there but it is unreasonable to expect an admin to do an investigation of possible previous revelations before acting on what happened in that thread. Perhaps the rule needs to be modified but I would still suspend first if the admin had no immediate recollection of the information being placed in public by the member and then investigate if someone pointed out that it had been. Privacy is more important that a day or two off for what turns out to be an unjust reason. It is just a forum you can't contribute to for a while, not a life event.

To help in that look at the offense, I would assume you have already sent all of the admins a note via PM stating your concerns about the issue and the links to the items you mentioned.

No, they don't see eye to eye. I have had spats with AHigh, but I value his membership here. That is not why he was suspended. He was suspended for violating a rule. It isn't up to the admins to solve their issues, just to moderate the forum. They'll have to lock themselves in the room together on their own!!
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
October 22nd, 2015 at 5:36:49 AM permalink
I mentioned an existing post with Zcore13's information it it. If someone were to quote that post would they be suspended? Would the person who originally posted the information a little over a year ago be retroactively suspended? It's obvious that he meant no harm but he did break a forum rule. Where do you draw the line? Human beings are naturally biased. That's why we have checks and balances in society. This is a perfect example of taking sides with both guys having their supporters and detractors.

Ahigh did not mine the internet looking for anyone's information. He got the information from this forum. Some would say that existing information, especially information that is over a year old, is fair game. After all, there was no attempt to redact it.

When in doubt suspend. That always solves the problem doesn't it?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 22nd, 2015 at 6:08:12 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

I mentioned an existing post with Zcore13's information it it. If someone were to quote that post would they be suspended? Would the person who originally posted the information a little over a year ago be retroactively suspended? It's obvious that he meant no harm but he did break a forum rule. Where do you draw the line? Human beings are naturally biased. That's why we have checks and balances in society. This is a perfect example of taking sides with both guys having their supporters and detractors.

Ahigh did not mine the internet looking for anyone's information. He got the information from this forum. Some would say that existing information, especially information that is over a year old, is fair game. After all, there was no attempt to redact it.

When in doubt suspend. That always solves the problem doesn't it?

Again, I posted a fair way to handle the issue. If the suspension is ruled as unfounded, that is fine. AHigh comes back and he missed a day or two of posting.

How is it taking "sides" when one "side" steps over a known boundary? The issue is not with the rule, it is more with what happens once the member has already shared their own info. I don't expect any admin to know that in advance about every single member nor is it reasonable to expect an investigation from volunteers on every issue.

Have you notified the admins via PM that you feel this is an unjustified suspension and linked the posts that make you think that? If the answer is no, why complain about it here?

• Jump to: