Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
September 14th, 2020 at 7:42:55 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I also grew up in Queens and have a collection of over 3000 comics.

Not too much into diorama's though loo

Bayside boy here. Thatís 4 of us now!
racquet
racquet
  • Threads: 50
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDearDeMango
December 13th, 2020 at 8:11:34 AM permalink
Replying to the new post (Dec. 2020) about the suspension list.

I think if suspensions are increasing, it's more due to the expansion of reasons for a suspension. I am sure that I could list a number of words or phrases that would have passed muster even not so long ago, but now in our "woke" culture are no longer acceptable. Words that we all use in daily conversation are now taboo in "polite" society. We have so many words now that can only be referenced by letter: N-word; C-word; S-word; F-word; B-word; that, to paraphrase sheriff Browdy, "We're gonna need a bigger alphabet!". I wonder if it will degenerate here such that we know that we cannot say "You are an idiot" but we CAN say "you are an I-word."

"Political" is so all-encompassing HERE that I'm not sure if what I am saying in this post will be okay. Not to mention the narrow, singular judgement of just one person who seems to be the prosecutor, judge and jury of suspensions. It's his board, so his is the absolute and appropriate perspective, but perfectly reasonable people can and do disagree. Too bad. There is no appeal, and I am sure that a more intense review of suspensions than I am willing to undertake would show an arbitrary and inconsistent standard. Without remembering the specifics, I can recall several suspensions, and non-suspensions, that made no consistent sense. If Mike is having a bad day, so are you going to have one if you step out of line.

Justice Scalia was famous for beginning many of his jousts with the litigants in a free speech or libel case with "So, sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me, right?" This is the rule that I apply whenever I read written words.

Consider this. The Falls Church, Virginia school board has - UNANIMOUSLY - decided to remove the names of Thomas Jefferson and George Mason from two of their schools because "our schools must be places where all students, staff and community members feel safe, supported and inspired."

I wonder how long it will be before even MENTIONING the name of Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, or Abraham Lincoln will earn a poster here a suspension?
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 38
December 13th, 2020 at 12:10:49 PM permalink
Youtubers can't even mention the word COVID-19 or coronavirus or else they get demonetized. I'm not sure Cerveza Sickness is an appropriate dodge. But I bought some buffalo chicken hours before the expiration date last night and Corona premium beer went OK with it. But I don't drink beer, I just bought this 6 pack because it was going out of style.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 516
December 14th, 2020 at 11:27:34 AM permalink
TERAPINED suspended for personal insults?

how are the 3 examples given in the suspension list an example of that?
i dont see it?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 16
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
December 14th, 2020 at 11:58:08 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

i dont see it?

MDawg made a complaint about it.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 243
December 14th, 2020 at 12:03:55 PM permalink

i dont see it?

Johnzimbo as well apparently
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1351
December 14th, 2020 at 1:04:28 PM permalink

i dont see it?

He is basically calling MDawg a troll.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 516
December 14th, 2020 at 4:47:47 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

He is basically calling MDawg a troll.

but creating a thread in axlewolf's name isnt?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 38
December 14th, 2020 at 5:52:08 PM permalink
No good deed goes unpunished.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 21
December 14th, 2020 at 6:03:45 PM permalink
Quote: Nathanisback

Redacted: -
Messages from banned members: Do not quote anything, neither public nor private, a banned member has said. If we ban somebody it means we don't want to hear from them any longer. (Added 6/9/2016)

11. Multiple accounts: One account per person. Posting under multiple identities is cause for immediate expulsion. (Added 12/30/2010)

Buh bye.
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Dec 15, 2020

• Jump to: