Thread Rating:

beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14214
January 10th, 2020 at 7:04:57 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

How does a person that is suspended know they are suspended?

On the DT forum I no longer have the buttons to create a post or replay to a post. Does this mean I am suspended?



I'll go over there and see if it shows you suspended. The only way I know is if I get a pop-up saying I can't post.

So I think you were looking at a thread that has been closed, instead.

brb

Edit: nope, you're suspended over there. Don't know why, but I dropped Face a note on his DT acct asking him to look at it.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11637
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
January 10th, 2020 at 7:47:24 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

How does a person that is suspended know they are suspended?

On the DT forum I no longer have the buttons to create a post or replay to a post. Does this mean I am suspended?



Wiz cleaned house recently all on personal insults. This was your post:

Quote:

I think the old adage "If you can't spot the sucker at the table, you are probably the sucker." would apply here.



I am not taking a position, I am showing the quote as I can never figure out how to link to a post. Management if you do not like the quote above please edit it to a link.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 423
  • Posts: 24016
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
January 10th, 2020 at 10:24:53 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I'll go over there and see if it shows you suspended. The only way I know is if I get a pop-up saying I can't post.

So I think you were looking at a thread that has been closed, instead.

brb

Edit: nope, you're suspended over there. Don't know why, but I dropped Face a note on his DT acct asking him to look at it.



http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/2977/69/#post133068
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 44
  • Posts: 4328
January 11th, 2020 at 2:09:13 AM permalink
I can see that you are suspended there but I've no idea why. Reading the perfectly innocuous posts in the homeless threads makes me wonder if you have been misinterpreted.
I'll PM wizard, and if he doesn't know, I'll release you.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 6703
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
January 11th, 2020 at 5:25:52 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I can see that you are suspended there but I've no idea why. Reading the perfectly innocuous posts in the homeless threads makes me wonder if you have been misinterpreted.
I'll PM wizard, and if he doesn't know, I'll release you.



Wizard quoted the exact reason DRich was suspended on DT, well, on DT! Check Wizards recent posts there. It's quite easy to do.

Edit.... I see EB beat me to it a few posts earlier.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 44
  • Posts: 4328
January 11th, 2020 at 7:55:26 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Wizard quoted the exact reason DRich was suspended on DT, well, on DT! Check Wizards recent posts there. It's quite easy to do.

Edit.... I see EB beat me to it a few posts earlier.

Thanks.
I had failed to search back to 3rd of Dec when reading DRich's posts. Had EB blocked, obviously :o). Never thought to look in the 'Democratic Nominee' thread, where DRich hasn't posted since Dec 3.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 6703
January 11th, 2020 at 8:37:27 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Thanks.
I had failed to search back to 3rd of Dec when reading DRich's posts. Had EB blocked, obviously :o). Never thought to look in the 'Democratic Nominee' thread, where DRich hasn't posted since Dec 3.



Well, that will teach you to read every post in every thread.......
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 44
  • Posts: 4328
January 11th, 2020 at 8:57:00 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Well, that will teach you to read every post in every thread.......

... On every forum.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 71
  • Posts: 5912
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
January 11th, 2020 at 9:13:37 AM permalink
That has to be nearly a record, getting suspended 40 days after making the post.

No worries, I apologize to whomever I offended. Almost seems like a rite of passage, haven't ever been suspended on either board in 8 years.

It reminds me of getting 86'ed from Barbary Coast for counting cards.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11637
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
January 11th, 2020 at 9:25:17 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

That has to be nearly a record, getting suspended 40 days after making the post.

No worries, I apologize to whomever I offended. Almost seems like a rite of passage, haven't ever been suspended on either board in 8 years.

It reminds me of getting 86'ed from Barbary Coast for counting cards.



I'd post a scene from "Goodfellas" but would get suspended.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

  • Jump to: