Thread Rating:

gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 43
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolftringlomane
February 12th, 2019 at 10:14:41 AM permalink
Quote: jackmagic777

Nathan suspended for giving advice on a thread where OP asked for advice and never bothered to return. Nathan even asked if her advice was good or not. How does that merit a suspension? Does anyone care to explain?

For being a new member, you are very opinionated about the moderators and well versed in member history, inside jokes, etc.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 39
February 12th, 2019 at 10:18:13 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I agree 100%. It is not gentlemanly to attack someone when they can't defend themselves. If you have something to say to someone, man up and do it to his/her face.

A few members seem intent on ignoring this advice.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 39
February 12th, 2019 at 10:20:37 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

For being a new member, you are very opinionated about the moderators and well versed in member history, inside jokes, etc.

You can lurk here a long time and learn a lot.

There is another poster with two comments (as of yesterday), both commenting on Boz's suspension history. He didn't even bother to come to this thread to comment on it.
jackmagic777
jackmagic777
  • Threads: 1
February 12th, 2019 at 10:26:18 AM permalink
If you click on anyone name you can see all posts. Try it. Where have i expressed any opinion about a moderator? Sounds like you have moderator envy???
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 154
RogerKint
February 12th, 2019 at 10:33:15 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Strangely when they are both not suspended I would say Nathan contributes a lot more than EB

Nathan - sometimes inane and probably bad advice given by a young seemingly misguided voice. Comments are entertaining at the very least

EB - divisive and snarky critiques meant to inflict harm while avoiding suspensions given by an old wizened voice purposely intent on misguidance. Comments are usually upsetting more than entertaining

Just visualize his posts as if he is using his "Get off my lawn" voice and his posts become more enjoyable. Picture beloved, iconic tv figures from your youth. I have enjoyed one particular posters thoughts much better since I started picturing him as Otis from Mayberry RFD. Perhaps a casting contest will be off use.
jackmagic777
jackmagic777
  • Threads: 1
February 12th, 2019 at 10:38:04 AM permalink
The only power people have over you is the power you give them. Everytime you get mad, EB WINS.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 213
February 12th, 2019 at 10:53:41 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Just visualize his posts as if he is using his "Get off my lawn" voice and his posts become more enjoyable. Picture beloved, iconic tv figures from your youth. I have enjoyed one particular posters thoughts much better since I started picturing him as Otis from Mayberry RFD. Perhaps a casting contest will be off use.

Donald Trump is not an iconic tv figure from my youth

Edit: Never mind. I mis-read what you were saying. I thought you were saying EBs icon of Donald Trump was a beloved tv figure from my youth lol
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
February 12th, 2019 at 10:56:09 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

A few members seem intent on ignoring this advice.

Is it ok if I man up and do it to his icon
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
February 12th, 2019 at 11:16:48 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

divisive and snarky critiques meant to inflict harm while avoiding suspensions given by an old wizened voice purposely intent on misguidance. Comments are usually upsetting more than entertaining

Thank you for providing an accurate description of many of the posters on BOTH sides of the political aisle.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
darkoz
darkoz
tringlomane
February 12th, 2019 at 11:23:01 AM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

Thank you for providing an accurate description of many of the posters on BOTH sides of the political aisle.

Due to the nature of politics I have no problem with divisiveness in the political threads as long as the forum rules are adhered to

Its in the other gambling etc threads it becomes annoying and disruptive to the forum

• Jump to: