TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
May 29th, 2015 at 7:29:44 AM permalink
Carrying the thoughts below over from another thread, a trip report, and placing them here.

I'm going to start a new thread, I haven't done many. It's a suggestion for a new member to have to sort-of introduce themselves to the forum, tell the forum something about yourself. Like where you live, SE USA would be me. How long have you been gambling? Just couple years for me, exclusively Blackjack. (Means I don't have a clue bout roulette, craps, or the now dreaded Bac, or VP or anything else). Are you young or ahead of easy john, sp). Do you win, or lose? Do you care?.............just something to give the watchdogs, whether official or not, a glimpse at who you are so they don't have to try to piece it together from your posts, and grammar, and phrases, and references. Is that OK? I think it should be posted under 'general discussion'. Did I get that right? Just a thought, feedback accepted gladfully. 2F (that's me).

Alright, I slept on the idea, (I'm quoting myself, is that bad form)?
A lot of people join the forum every day, many days.
Some a couple of times per day ;-)
I suppose that's way too many intros for anyone to keep up with.
Many just come to read and to learn, not to post much.
Maybe only if you want to post, particularly post ALOT,
then your first post should be an introduction of yourself.
Still thinking, I'm slow.

Maybe just a suggestion or two that is part of the "join the Forum" process.
Read the rules.
Try to obey the rules.
Consider reading a lot of previous threads before you start posting.
Try the 'search' function before starting to ask questions to see if they've already been answered.

Some guidance like that.
It may already be in place, I don't remember.
Been quite awhile since I joined.

Or the watchdogs, official or not, could request an intro from anyone that becomes super active immediatly after joining.
It could be a polite request.
Of course if the request was ignored, other members could just 'block' that poster, in the 'members' list.
If everyone blocked them they would just be sending themselves typed notes ;-)
Am I just sending myself typed notes?

Done. No new thread, re-activated an old one.
I should read more and type less ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
May 29th, 2015 at 7:50:55 AM permalink
This is an excellent thread started by our friend, kubikulann. Everyone should read it in it's entirety.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 14
May 29th, 2015 at 7:52:00 AM permalink
I would suggest that if you do this, you get permission of the Mods and maybe have them draft the thread, because IMO, this needs to be sticky so it doesn't fall down into the level of forgottenness.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
May 29th, 2015 at 10:02:36 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

This is an excellent thread started by our friend, kubikulann. Everyone should read it in it's entirety.

I read it in it's entirety and decided my thoughts should be added rather than starting another thread. Good stuff in there already, good stuff all over the place but sometimes I have a hard time finding it. Patience is a virtue, and an admiral goal. Some days I do better than other days.

There's also bunches of other good ideas expressed in other threads under the 'Rules' group/category/subsection area. I read a bunch, too much for one morning. I wish I could go sit down at a table and play now. Not today, not me.
1BB
1BB
May 29th, 2015 at 11:41:32 AM permalink
We should have a suggestion box. Allow the option for members' thoughts and ideas to remain anonymous if they are afraid of repercussions. How long would that last?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
May 29th, 2015 at 12:58:11 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

We should have a suggestion box. Allow the option for members' thoughts and ideas to remain anonymous if they are afraid of repercussions. How long would that last?

The Rulers may not know how big to make that box. How big does it need to be to fit all your suggestions? Tee hee
1BB
1BB
May 29th, 2015 at 1:08:09 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

The Rulers may not know how big to make that box. How big does it need to be to fit all your suggestions? Tee hee

We definitely want to think big just in case. :-) I would never do it anonymously but would completely understand if others did.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
May 29th, 2015 at 1:15:00 PM permalink

That wasn't nice, I retract my comment. The list has to have 1BB, he's a necessary component.
My sincerest apology, Sir. I owe you a drink, and I pay my debts. You keep the tab current.
1BB
1BB
May 29th, 2015 at 1:23:36 PM permalink

That wasn't nice, I retract my comment. The list has to have 1BB, he's a necessary component.
My sincerest apology, Sir. I owe you a drink, and I pay my debts. You keep the tab current.

No apology necessary. A sense of humor is a good thing.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
May 29th, 2015 at 1:23:42 PM permalink
Members seem to do just fine making their unsolicited suggestions without extra encouragement.

• Jump to: