EnvyBonus
EnvyBonus
  • Threads: 6
November 25th, 2009 at 12:28:48 PM permalink
Right now when you click on the most recent post the thread is loaded at post #1 (on page #1, obviously). Could you make it so that clicking on the most recent post takes you directly to that particular recent post, or at least the last page of the thread? If one was following the thread discussion already, there's no need to go to the beginning of the thread only to have to click to another page in the thread to read the latest post. If the topic link still linked to the first post of the thread, users would have a choice from starting at the beginning of the thread or just picking up where they probably left off. Thanks for listening (reading) everyone's suggestions.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
November 25th, 2009 at 2:19:07 PM permalink
I second this suggestion.

Also perhaps a longer list of most recent posts?

Thank you.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
dwheatley
dwheatley
  • Threads: 25
November 25th, 2009 at 7:52:07 PM permalink
Some bulletin board software tracks ALL new posts since the last time a user visited. Very slick...

*wink* *wink*
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you out of situations where you would otherwise need it
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
November 26th, 2009 at 6:39:24 AM permalink
I fixed the problem with the links not taking you to the last page. They were supposed to have been doing that all along.

I also increased the list of recent posts to 15, and improved it by not showing the same thread more than once.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
November 26th, 2009 at 6:40:40 AM permalink
Quote: JB

I fixed the problem with the links not taking you to the last page. They were supposed to have been doing that all along.

I also increased the list of recent posts to 15, and improved it by not showing the same thread more than once.

I just noticed all that. Many thanks!
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
sammydv
sammydv
  • Threads: 9
May 11th, 2016 at 8:30:28 PM permalink
Is there a way to set messages by descending order, or I mean most recent post first instead of showing the oldest one first in prefs?
andysif
andysif
  • Threads: 23
May 11th, 2016 at 8:42:43 PM permalink
Strange.

When I click on a link, it takes me to the last UNREAD post.
It had been do that for years.

edited: damn, all that requests were from 2009
sammydv
sammydv
  • Threads: 9
May 11th, 2016 at 9:08:05 PM permalink
There's no short cut or setting to do what I'm suggesting. Even when I click forum thread sub it takes me to the first page, unless I click 'last page' which isn't much better if the page is long. Either way, just asking for a way to set it in prefs so that your threads show up last post (most recent) first and back from there.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
May 11th, 2016 at 9:26:17 PM permalink
It takes you to the last message you read , so if you never read the thread it takes you to the beginning - if you read most of it already it takes you to where you left off
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
May 17th, 2016 at 4:04:39 PM permalink
If you are logged in it should take you to the most recent Unread post (meaning newest post since the last time you clicked the thread).
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
May 17th, 2016 at 7:44:18 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

If you are logged in it should take you to the most recent Unread post (meaning newest post since the last time you clicked the thread).

This works, works well, well until that rare occasion that I access thru my dumb phone! Then 'no history' is recognized as to what I have read and what I haven't. Once I jump thru all the hoops ( yes, was bored at track and field practice ) and read this and that, when I'm plugged back in at home, well, there is no record of what I read when I wasn't at home ;-(

I do not want to beat up on whomever designed and maintains the FREAKIN interface, that would not be cool. No doubt I'm just doing it all wrong. That's what she said.....
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
  • Jump to: