darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 214
July 22nd, 2019 at 9:24:51 AM permalink
Both words and body gestures are regional as well.

They had to change the title of austin powers "The Spy Who Shagged Me" in England I believe

English people in America might think nothing of saying they use faggots.

And here is my favorite body gesture that means more than what you think.

https://people.howstuffworks.com/10-obscene-hand-gestures-from-around-world2.htm
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 158
July 22nd, 2019 at 10:43:05 AM permalink
It is possible to be a complete a--hole without swearing. Some people seem to aspire to that goal.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 68
July 22nd, 2019 at 10:47:13 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

It is possible to be a complete a--hole without swearing. Some people seem to aspire to that goal.

I know many people that I would consider A**holes that don't swear.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
kubikulann
kubikulann
  • Threads: 27
July 22nd, 2019 at 4:58:29 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: kubikulann

All my experience shows that, the smarter you are, the more you use variants, including swear words. The less smart you are, the more prone to being offended by just words.

I must assume that you have not spent much time in inner city ghettos.

What utter rubbish. Not only do you know nothing about me, but your assumption stinks prejudice.

What you are implying is that ghetto people are less smart. And that they are not offended by foul speech.

This shows two things: you have not spent much time in ghettos. And you are—I cannot insult you, so let’s just say people who think lower class equals not smart are definitely ill informed and not very smart (but this I knew from your attitude to swearing).
Last edited by: kubikulann on Jul 22, 2019
Reperiet qui quaesiverit
kubikulann
kubikulann
July 22nd, 2019 at 5:16:09 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

OK, so listen to what you are saying. Most of who do not care are lower class and uneducated. Meanwhile. the people who do care are trying to improve their lot in life.

1° where did you read ‘’most’’?
2° where do you invent that lower class people don’t want to improve their lot?
3° what ridiculous prejudice makes you believe that the only way to improve one’s lot is to imitate the bourgeoisie. Your implicit assumption just confirms what I explained about the alienated middle class (if you are middle class, that is. But if you were upper class, you wouldn’t descend to talking with us): « we must conform to the dominant model ».

Read Trotsky, « Their Moral and Ours ».
We can improve our life without curbing our freedom of speech to please the bourgeois, thank you.

Quote:

It is like showing up to a job interview dressed like a slob. You are going to be judged. Not just at a job interview.

Job interviews are the most vile form of social humiliation. Accepting to be judged by people who are less apt than you... Especially if they are bigots, I would make sure I don’t fall in the hands of such bastards by speaking freely. Only the wisest will listen to the content and not care about the word.

You can’t understand. It’s a thing among HP.

Quote:

It comes down to how you were raised.

Absolutely not. Siblings can develop very different attitudes. It comes down to IQ and vocabulary and insensitivity to what other people think of you.
If you judge somebody ‘s abilities on the gauge of swear words, you are bound to make many mistaken assessments.

But again, it confirms the Marxist analysis. By fear of being assimilated to the labouring class, of being forced to admit there is no intrinsic human or social difference, the middle class creates artificial differences and labels them ‘education’. This allows them to say ‘I had a better education’ and believe they are intrinsically superior.

You really want to be superior?
Read!
(And not Ayn Rand, of course. Read intelligent things. Michel Serres said: « If you want to remain young, every day read something difficult. »
)
Last edited by: kubikulann on Jul 22, 2019
Reperiet qui quaesiverit
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 32
July 22nd, 2019 at 8:00:21 PM permalink
I've always thought that one of the crudest expressions for defecation was "laying cable." Just too descriptive.

This past weekend I had the pleasure to meet Carla Ulbrich, a singer/entertainer who performs funny songs about the experience of being seriously ill. She sometimes is called "The Singing Patient." Here is a link to her song about diarrhea:

On the Commode Again
Sometimes, people are just a bottomless mystery. And, after all, this is just a sh*tty little forum in the sun-less backwaters of the online world.
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 32
July 22nd, 2019 at 8:00:21 PM permalink
duplicate post
Last edited by: gordonm888 on Jul 22, 2019
Sometimes, people are just a bottomless mystery. And, after all, this is just a sh*tty little forum in the sun-less backwaters of the online world.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
Thanks for this post from:
michael99000AxelWolfMaxPenSOOPOO
July 22nd, 2019 at 9:57:22 PM permalink

Job interviews are the most vile form of social humiliation. Accepting to be judged by people who are less apt than you... Especially if they are bigots, I would make sure I don’t fall in the hands of such bastards by speaking freely

I've interviewed people for jobs.
You've got the exact attitude of
people I loved to tell to get lost.

How do you hire someone without
an interview, rely on phony references?
You have to meet the person face
to face and judge them.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 217
July 23rd, 2019 at 2:51:01 AM permalink

1° where did you read ‘’most’’?
2° where do you invent that lower class people don’t want to improve their lot?
3° what ridiculous prejudice makes you believe that the only way to improve one’s lot is to imitate the bourgeoisie. Your implicit assumption just confirms what I explained about the alienated middle class (if you are middle class, that is. But if you were upper class, you wouldn’t descend to talking with us): « we must conform to the dominant model ».

Ugh, you seem to be another person who cannot handle talking in generalizations. I have had to deal with lower classes several times in my life. When I did taxes most would take their EIC refund and just buy bunch of crap with it. Or worse yet rent furniture and appliances, which lasted until summer when the money ran out. The rarely invested it or bought things of value that would improve their life. Sometimes yes, one woman could not wait to buy an inexpensive car to get to work and get her kids around. Not most of them. One guy worked with us took the family on an extravagant vacation. Family was living near poverty. Had he invested the EIC he might have been able to buy a house in 8-10 years, paid in full, But instead lives rich for week, then back to poverty.

Ever hear the term "acting white" that gets used when a minority tries to climb out of their ghetto?

[q[Read Trotsky, « Their Moral and Ours ».
We can improve our life without curbing our freedom of speech to please the bourgeois, thank you.

Job interviews are the most vile form of social humiliation. Accepting to be judged by people who are less apt than you... Especially if they are bigots, I would make sure I don’t fall in the hands of such bastards by speaking freely. Only the wisest will listen to the content and not care about the word.

And you will end up not getting anything beyond an entry level job if you carry that attitude. I remember a guy like you. He refused to take the assessment test we required. He said "I do not take such tests." I replied "well, we are done then." Guy gets angry and tries to tell me there is no reason to take it. When he sees I will not budge he says in anger that he will take it. I told him not to waste his time, he will never get a job with me as he just showed what kind of an employee he would be. He stormed off really angry.

The fact is in life people are going to make judgements. If you drop cuss words in an interview, well, I cannot put you in front of customers because you do not know how to behave proper. You want to cuss in an interview, have fun on your mop job, you will have it for life.

Quote:

Absolutely not. Siblings can develop very different attitudes. It comes down to IQ and vocabulary and insensitivity to what other people think of you.
If you judge somebody ‘s abilities on the gauge of swear words, you are bound to make many mistaken assessments.

They can develop different attitudes and turn out different, but you can usually tell how they were raised. And while I may make some "mistaken assessments" I will come out right more than wrong. In life you have to assess people fast most times. You do that based on how people act and talk. I have been right more than I have been wrong.

Quote:

But again, it confirms the Marxist analysis. By fear of being assimilated to the labouring class, of being forced to admit there is no intrinsic human or social difference, the middle class creates artificial differences and labels them ‘education’. This allows them to say ‘I had a better education’ and believe they are intrinsically superior.

You really want to be superior?
Read!
(And not Ayn Rand, of course. Read intelligent things. Michel Serres said: « If you want to remain young, every day read something difficult. »
)

I am very well read. I have read enough to have given away boxes and boxes of the books I have read. You want to know the difference between the middle and upper classes and those below? The lower classes have not grasped giving value to those that employ them. Your post here indicates that you seem to think taking any job is just asking to be exploited and you hate the person who gave you that job. Meanwhile, the middle/UC sees a job as a way to make a living and earn money so that money can earn more money.

See what I did there? You talk a certain way and you got judged. It happens.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
kubikulann
kubikulann
July 23rd, 2019 at 4:48:52 AM permalink
I certainly don’t want to work for someone who thinks they ‘’give’’ me a job. I vomit the idea of being ‘’employed’’.

It is I who do them the faveur of helping them earn money. This merits respect, not high nosed despise.
All your text shows you consider the people you hire as inferiors. That does not bode well for the type of relationship in the firm. So I won’t work for you. Simple.
I do not hate the employer, I hate the HR people who abuse their power.

Not curiously, you think the only valuable jobs are those in front of customers. You call mop jobs the intellectual functions? People in front of customers are the lower educated. In research or decision, you don’t need to meet the customer or the even lower sales people.
Reperiet qui quaesiverit

• Jump to: