LostWages
LostWages
  • Threads: 38
February 28th, 2017 at 9:17:52 PM permalink
Other than copying and pasting, is there another way to compile all the discussions of one thread into a continuous file, say in Documents or Notes?

PURPOSE: so I can read it offline, especially when there's no Internet connection to read the WoV Forum.

For example, this thread is 5 pages long:

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/video-poker/28084-request-advice-about-vp-tournaments/5/#post576266

Thanks for your help,

LW
Eat real food . . . and you won't need medicine (or a lot less!)
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
LostWages
February 28th, 2017 at 11:27:13 PM permalink
I'm sure there are other ways, but the easiest solution I can think of would be to write a quick script that's essentially copy/paste the HTML code from a WOV thread page (as well as other pages of that thread) and save it into a .html file on your computer. Then later on, click and open your saved file, and it'll look just like the forum (likely with a few exceptions, but the text and posts would remain the same....pictures and icons would likely not work, I think).
snorkleboy13
snorkleboy13
  • Threads: 3
March 1st, 2017 at 5:24:42 AM permalink
I use Evernote. It provides several mechanisms for capturing content of any webpage.
LostWages
LostWages
  • Threads: 38
March 1st, 2017 at 10:39:31 AM permalink
Quote: snorkleboy13

I use Evernote. It provides several mechanisms for capturing content of any webpage.

I wish I had a PC so I could try the suggestion from RS; unfortunately, my comfort level with html is on the (very) low side, and I am script-challenged!

So I tried Evernote and I really like it! I'll have to shell out $3.99 to use the Evernote WebClipper, but I'm not yet ready. I've done a variety of things so far, but haven't tried capturing content of the WoV forum.

MORE IMPORTANTLY (for all readers), I found that Evernote is waaaaaaay more flexible and faster responding than the "Notes" on my iPad.

Thanks for the great tip!
Eat real food . . . and you won't need medicine (or a lot less!)
  • Jump to: