charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
September 17th, 2015 at 5:05:12 AM permalink
Hello

Just to let you know I was trying to create a table as a reply ( https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/craps/23642-place-bet-instead-of-odds/2/#post484247 ) and initially used table and /table rather than tbl and /tbl. When I tried to review my reply the adverts floated over the reply, so I could not see the reply (although could tell the table wasn't coming out). I must have changed something since later on I could then review the table, and couldn't recreate the problem. Sadly I couldn't capture exactly what was in my reply when the error occurred - the picture is the best I could manage. btw I'm using Firefox (but not the latest 40.0.3).

Since I cannot re-create the problem, this is really just for info. Obviously if someone else has the problem or I stumble across it again I'll update this.

Many Thanks

MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
September 17th, 2015 at 5:11:05 AM permalink
I actually had a similar experience when I forgot to put the (bracket)/tbl(bracket) at the end of the table, but since my formatting wasn't correct, I wouldn't consider it a bug. As soon as I corrected the formatting, it worked fine.
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
September 17th, 2015 at 5:39:13 AM permalink
Thanks - I can now see that if you only have [ tbl ] (no spaces) it causes the problem. However with the floating box covering what you've typed in you cannot see the text to know where it is to correct it. That is quite a pain if you've typed a lot in - but at least now I know what to fix.

I agree that it does seem reasonable that whatever you've typed in might make the page line up wrong, sometimes I even find the preview text is wrong colour, but I wouldn't expect it to cause a floating box (and remember it is advertising) to block your view of your reply.
  • Jump to: