Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
March 12th, 2014 at 8:29:40 PM permalink
Hi all,

I know this topic must have been convered but unfortuantely when I attempt to use the search function, any topic I type in takes me to a "no internet connection" page which leads me to believe any results are blocked by my company servers.

Anyway, I'm starting posting my chip collection tomorrow and just want to confirm a few things.

1) In order to post a pic, all i have to do is host the pic on an independent site (I have chosen "photobucket") and then copy the URL into the post?
2) How would I go about bolding a word inside of a post? I have tried "control B" but that doesn't work.

Again, apologies as this topic has probably been covered to death but I have searched the help folder and have found nothing.

Thanks
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 12th, 2014 at 8:34:44 PM permalink
Paste your URL as {img=URL}, except use regular brackets [] instead of the squiggly ones {}

For bolding, you need to use the format code. If you want bold, then you need to type {b}your bolded word or phrase{/b}, again using regular brackets instead of sqiggles.

Edit: If you use the quote function on any post that has pics or bold or italics or underline, it quotes with the format already in place. You can use that to see how it's done.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
March 12th, 2014 at 8:40:03 PM permalink
Thanks Face, I have already done that and gotten a relatively good idea but I just wanted to confirm. I don't really want to have too many issues tomorrow when I post my first chip and look like a boob not being able to figure it out!

This will get easier as I go along I'm sure :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 12th, 2014 at 9:52:25 PM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

Thanks Face, I have already done that and gotten a relatively good idea but I just wanted to confirm. I don't really want to have too many issues tomorrow when I post my first chip and look like a boob not being able to figure it out!

This will get easier as I go along I'm sure :)

One thing I'm sure of is you don't look like a boob. I have two, so I can confirm that. You'd have to have one eye in the middle of your face, just for starters...:)
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: