GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 5th, 2013 at 1:56:28 PM permalink
Some forums, you can click a certain part of the message and it will take you to the last message that you read. It seems like on here, you can either view a page or the last post. Am I missing something?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
October 5th, 2013 at 2:02:59 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Some forums, you can click a certain part of the message and it will take you to the last message that you read. It seems like on here, you can either view a page or the last post. Am I missing something?

Just click on, "Recent Threads," and go to the threads from there. It will take you to the most recent unread post.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
GWAE
GWAE
October 5th, 2013 at 2:33:26 PM permalink
Maybe its my computer then because it is not working for me.

What I do, from the main page I click on Forums, then I click on recent threads. It then lists all the threads in order of last post. There was a thread that is 27 pages long and I only read to page 6 or so. I clicked on the title and it took me to page 27. I was hoping it would take me back to page 6 or where ever I left off. Maybe I should be clicking on something else and not the title again?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
October 5th, 2013 at 2:34:10 PM permalink
No, it's the title. What browser are you using?
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
October 5th, 2013 at 2:57:13 PM permalink
Not certain, but I think this could be the issue:

Suppose there have been twenty pages of posts in a thread. If I haven't read any of them and click on the thread title, I am taken to page 1, post 1. Suppose that I read six pages of posts and take a break, closing my browser window. If I were to come back the next day, after three more pages of posts have been made (total of 23 pages), and again click on the thread title, I think that I would be taken to page 20 (or mabe 21) since the forum tracking thinks that I read all 20 of the pages that were available when I last clicked on the thread.

Is that not the way it works? If so, then I don't see an easy way to find where I stopped reading on page 7. Or was it on page 6? I can't remember and can't find the place. ;-)
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 5th, 2013 at 4:25:28 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Suppose there have been twenty pages of posts in a thread. If I haven't read any of them and click on the thread title, I am taken to page 1, post 1. Suppose that I read six pages of posts and take a break, closing my browser window. If I were to come back the next day, after three more pages of posts have been made (total of 23 pages), and again click on the thread title, I think that I would be taken to page 20 (or mabe 21) since the forum tracking thinks that I read all 20 of the pages that were available when I last clicked on the thread.

Is that not the way it works? If so, then I don't see an easy way to find where I stopped reading on page 7. Or was it on page 6? I can't remember and can't find the place. ;-)

I think that this is true - once you click a thread, the forum thinks you read all of it and does not track how far you actually progressed.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
GWAE
GWAE
October 5th, 2013 at 4:26:18 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Quote: Doc

I think that this is true - once you click a thread, the forum thinks you read all of it and does not track how far you actually progressed.

That seems to be whats happening. That makes me sad. :-(
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
October 7th, 2013 at 3:34:19 AM permalink
delete
  • Jump to: