PlayHunter
PlayHunter
  • Threads: 67
April 19th, 2013 at 7:58:52 AM permalink
What win rate (/100 hands) should I expect using a 10, 15, 20, 50, 200 spread combined with Illustrious 18 on this blackjack game:

8 decks shoe shuffled after 5 decks are dealt out, dealer stand on all 17, double on any two cards, double after split, no surrender, no re-split, one card only to split aces, dealer checks for blackjack on both 10 value cards and Ace. (upon the rules, house edge 0.49%)
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
April 19th, 2013 at 8:10:41 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
dwheatley
dwheatley
  • Threads: 25
April 19th, 2013 at 8:19:40 AM permalink
If you got 6 decks cut off out of 8, you'd probably have about a 1% edge, or 2.9 units ($29) per 100 hands. I get this number from an online excerpt of a frequency distribution table: http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/content/6DeckText.htm. It uses 75% on 6 decks, with similar rules, and a slightly different spread. It should translate nicely to 8 decks though.

Since you only get 5 decks, you probably have something like half or less of that edge. To be safe, I'd estimate $5-10 per 100 hands. Nothing to write home about, especially with that large spread that will make your bankroll nervous.
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you out of situations where you would otherwise need it
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
April 19th, 2013 at 9:36:54 AM permalink
Quote: PlayHunter

What win rate (/100 hands) should I expect using a 10, 15, 20, 50, 200 spread combined with Illustrious 18 on this blackjack game:

8 decks shoe shuffled after 5 decks are dealt out, dealer stand on all 17, double on any two cards, double after split, no surrender, no re-split, one card only to split aces, dealer checks for blackjack on both 10 value cards and Ace. (upon the rules, house edge 0.49%)

Dude, just go buy CVCX or CVData. While people on this board are nice and will generally accommodate polite requests, they are not your personal Math Squad. You've been asking a lot of these questions lately.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
PlayHunter
PlayHunter
April 19th, 2013 at 9:48:59 PM permalink
dwheatley, thank you very very much for pointing me to that link ! Reading it now I know where to look further.

AcesAndEights, you are right that I was asking a lot of math questions on this forum, but I do so thinking that my questions are common questions and might have been already calculated by someone else for themselves, and then this would be an easy answer for one person to help another. - I too, share my experiences with other people when I can help and it is easy for me to do so.

I hope that not many people share your point of view about me, because from my point of view I am doing the right thing, I think I search some answers in the right place, I do not force anyone to help me on anything, but I do appreciate if and when they help me.

Regarding buying software, is a good effective solution 100% agree ! But because I have very limited funds, I don`t even know if I will afford to start to be a serious counter. I should start on a (very) low budget with higher risk of ruin in order to build my optimal roll. And when I say start very low, I refer to $1 base bet games. Maybe now you guess why I try to get as much info as I can for free ...
  • Jump to: