|11 votes (23.4%)|
|No votes (0%)|
|4 votes (8.51%)|
|5 votes (10.63%)|
|2 votes (4.25%)|
|25 votes (53.19%)|
47 members have voted
Hold on now, The Wizard insisted you keep it to one thread. That does not mean you can't do less. "For me the POLL speaks" You should honor your word and the POLL. let's let the POLL speak.Quote: MrCasinoGames
All comment are welcome.
For me the POLL speaks (Members have the right to vote for them self).
And the final decision should be the owner of this website.
Once a year is looking good.
Hold on now, The Wizard insisted you keep it to one thread. That does not mean you can't do less. "For me the POLL speaks" You should honor your word and the POLL. let's let the POLL speak.
Once a year is looking good.
As the Wizard said: one thread.
Therefore it will be only one thread.
Yes, Once a year is looking good.
As the POLL indicated.
Let see how it go by the end of 11/May/2019.
P.S. Thanks for Voting (for YES or for NO).
Todays NEWS: 6/May/2019 NTG.
* Anyone is Welcome to DISCUSS, ADD or TAKE Gaming-News from HERE.
31. Following reversal at Wynn, is free parking on the Las Vegas Strip making a comeback? http://bit.ly/2Lu5OD2
Free drinks. Free buffets. Free hotel stays. Each perk at one time padded every visit to the Strip and up until a few years ago, that list included free parking.
30. Caesars Entertainment and Caesars Foundation launch Economic Equity Tour. http://bit.ly/2DSnyBy
The six-city tour will provide education and skill development to current and potential employees, suppliers and community members.
29. Golden Nugget Las Vegas presents Honky Tonk at The Tank. http://bit.ly/2LpQUxz
Golden Nugget's revamped poolside bash features a limited residency with local band The Rhyolite Sound.
28. Montana becomes the first state to legalize sports betting in 2019. http://bit.ly/2PLCAxK
27. Phil Ruffin confirms interest in buying Caesars' Strip properties. http://bit.ly/2VfXwDf
26. Paddy Power Betfair's Q1 powered by a nearly 50% increase in the US. http://bit.ly/2DPoWVG
25. Illinois could face a gambling expansion including sports betting and new casinos. http://bit.ly/2ZZOsRD
24. Cirsa acquires Giga Games from Juan Lao's Conei Corporación. http://bit.ly/2PRrJT5
23. Macau's gaming revenue expected to resume growing since May. http://bit.ly/2PQ6JMk
22. Gambling expansion, sports betting on collision course as end of Illinois’ legislative session nears. http://bit.ly/2Lq82Dc
The smart money says that if Illinois lawmakers are going to legalize sports betting this spring, it’s going to be part of a larger gambling expansion deal that also includes new casino licenses and expanded betting options at horse tracks.
21. Treasure Island owner eyeing Caesars’ Las Vegas Strip properties. https://buff.ly/2vFLMdV
Eldorado Resorts, Boyd Gaming and other large casino operators are mum about their possible interest in buying Caesars Entertainment Corp. properties. But not Treasure Island owner Phil Ruffin.
20. Kentucky Derby disqualification costs bettors around $9 million. https://es.pn/2vNamtf
It will go down in betting lore as the $9 million disqualification. Kentucky Derby favorite Maximum Security crossed the finish line first but was subsequently disqualified Saturday, making long shot Country House the winner.
19. (New York) New York lawmakers are considering legislation that would allow wagering on sports on mobile devices, an issue that's also being debated in other states. The Senate Standing Committee on Racing, Gaming and Wagering will hear testimony Wednesday in Albany. http://bit.ly/2YfeEWN
18. (Atlantic City) More than 10,000 casino and hospitality employees will have the opportunity Friday to vote for union leadership, and the choice is between two familiar tickets. Bob McDevitt, president of UNITE HERE Local 54 since 1996, is being challenged by Al Tabei for control of the labor union that represents nearly one-third of casino workers in Atlantic City. http://bit.ly/2vG9CGi
17. (Atlantic City) A perennially challenged Atlantic City casino will finally turn a profit this month and chart the way forward under the ownership of a New York hedge fund. The Ocean Casino Resort, which until a few weeks ago was known as the Ocean Resort Casino, has greatly reduced its debt and will return to profitability in May, according to Eric Matejevich, the interim CEO managing the oceanfront property while an ownership transfer takes place. http://bit.ly/2Y3y94u
16. (Alabama) After clearing the state Senate without a vote to spare, a proposal to establish a state lottery in Alabama faces an uncertain outlook in the House of Representatives. House members are seeking changes to the bill including how the state will use lottery revenue. http://bit.ly/2PRoHhF
15. (Virginia) Local church leaders are not thrilled with the possibility of Danville taking a gamble on luring in a casino. Most ministers who talked to Danville Register & Bee are morally opposed to the idea, saying a betting establishment will encourage residents, especially the poor, to spend money they don’t have and become addicted to gambling. http://bit.ly/2vGbDmb
14. (Tennessee) This week, the Tennessee legislature passed a bill to legalize online sports betting. Here are five things to know about the legalization. http://bit.ly/2PUtAGU
13. (Iowa) As legislators recently cleared the way for the state’s newest gambling expansion into online-based sports wagering, Sen. Joe Bolkcom waved his smartphone on the Senate floor and hailed the alluring device as Iowans’ new pocket casino. http://bit.ly/2vHJWsY
12. (Uganda) The Uganda Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board has prequalified Gaming Laboratories International to provide independent testing laboratory services for the financial years 2018-2022. http://bit.ly/2H6HQcS
11. (Canada) The Ontario government has eliminated funding to an organization that researches problem gambling, ordering it to wind down operations by the summer. http://bit.ly/2PR5Tip
10. (Japan) The education ministry has come up with reference documents for high school teachers to guide them in preventing addiction to gambling and other activities and substances. http://bit.ly/2LALO1k
9. (China) Police in east China's Anhui Province have arrested seven people for organizing cross-border online gambling, which involves 2.1 billion yuan (around 312 million U.S. dollars). http://bit.ly/2LqCihy
8. Macau to face worker shortages. http://bit.ly/2WtbSfQ
Macau is likely to face a shortfall of about 7,525 workers by 2020, with vacancies most likely to be in senior and middle management, according to a government survey.
7. Ian Fok takes over for Stanley Ho at STDM helm. http://bit.ly/2LpEzJJ
Ian Fok, the second son of gaming tycoon Henry Fok, has taken over as the new chairman of Sociedade de Turismo e Diversões (STDM).
6. Macau VIP leakage not a result of ASEAN casino rise. http://bit.ly/2J8nWjZ
Lower VIP gaming tax and the improving quality of casinos in the ASEAN region will see more high-rollers trying their luck in casinos located in Cambodia and the Philippines, say analysts from Morgan Stanley.
5. Visitor arrivals surge during May Labor Day holiday. http://bit.ly/2H5Skck
Visitor arrivals to Macau during the four day Labor Day holiday surged by 37 percent year-on-year, according to provisional statistics.
4. Overseas leakage not to blame for Macau’s VIP revenue slowdown: Morgan Stanley. http://bit.ly/2GZYgCt
Concerns over the loss of VIP business from Macau to increasingly attractive regional destinations are unfounded…
3. South Shore Holdings says talks ongoing over potential HK$1.5 billion investment into THE 13. http://bit.ly/2WrlU13
Hong Kong-listed South Shore Holdings says that negotiations regarding a potential investment of …
2. Macau visitor numbers rise 37.0% during Labour Day holiday. http://bit.ly/2PNW0lK
The number of visitors entering Macau during the first three days of the Labour Day holiday from 1 to 3 May…
1. Sands China continues responsible gaming advanced training programme. http://bit.ly/2YgK3bt
Sands China has continued its Responsible Gaming Ambassador advanced training programme, aimed at educating …
I figured a 34% rise, 35% tops in visitors, but would have never expected 37%.
I cannot imagine the motivation for these article lists, though one can certainly speculate. Benevolence would be at the bottom of my list of reasons.
I can't see the need for this thread -- will block it after this post. There are many excellent sources for daily casino industry news, which anyone can find with a Google search. Many websites are devoted to producing exactly the type of daily list that the OP is providing here.
The days of filtering content for non-savvy readers are long gone, I'm thinking 1997 or so since a thread like this was useful.
I cannot imagine the motivation for these lists, though one can certainly speculate. But benevolence would be at the bottom of my list of reasons.
All input are welcome (good or bed).
Just beware of copy/paste from known sources -- I know several sites who do not appreciate when folks take their hard work to gather news threads and republish their lists elsewhere without permission.Quote: MrCasinoGames
All input are welcome.
Just beware of copy/paste from known sources -- I know several sites who do not appreciate when folks take their hard work to gather news threads and republish their lists elsewhere without permission.
Thanks for your advice.
I see you are Retired.
How are things?
Do you still pay abit of Hold'em Poker?