Thread Rating:

pew
pew
Joined: Oct 6, 2012
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 221
July 24th, 2015 at 7:02:11 AM permalink
I have trouble with the all white background. How about blue copy on red?
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
Joined: May 22, 2013
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
July 24th, 2015 at 7:32:33 AM permalink
Not a tech guy, but I appreciate those that are.
Couple notes to all.
Perhaps we need to specify the type device we are using that has this or that problem or suggestion?
I typically access via IPad, in my own WiFi network. Sometimes from a hotspot. Don't know if it makes a difference.
I did just have to login a minute ago, had to go lookup my password.
The forum usually just recognizes me. I usually to not logout, Am I wasting space by staying logged in.
Do not reply that I am a waste of space in general, I am already aware ;-(

I have figured out a couple things I did not understand yesterday.

The 'Recent Threads' label is a button, hit button and see an expanded list of recent threads. Now that makes a really big difference. Like sugar vs high fructose corn syrup. And the ones I have not read the latest are Bold. Not obviously Bold, but there is a difference. Now I am much happier, still not happy, just happier.

Thx for the forum, thx for the efforts to make it better (profitable?). They go hand in hand. 2F
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
Joined: May 22, 2013
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
July 24th, 2015 at 7:43:32 AM permalink
Quote: pew

I have trouble with the all white background. How about blue copy on red?


Blue copy on red sounds awful, but might work.
I hate reading Outside Magazine when the colors and backgrounds are weird.
My eyesight is not very good anymore.
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
thecesspit
thecesspit
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 5936
July 24th, 2015 at 7:43:49 AM permalink
Quote: Zuga

those are all small bugs that will soon be fixed. I understand this might be annoying but why I asked for some patience.

We were testing for bugs before the launch, but it is not possible to check for every single thing. Why we asked for the feedback and you guys been great in pointing them out so far.

A lot of minor bugs were already fixed, the rest will be fixed in the next couple of days.

cheers



Oh come on. I looked at the site for less than ten minutes and found bugs. What was your test plan? Did you have independent QA? How did you push the site toba staging server? Did you use any automation? Did you prove coverage of functionality with a test matrix? Did you have defect tracking?

In short, did you get a professional QA to work on this, or did you have a developer mark their own home work?

It is possible to test every single functional area... even if you will inevitably miss some items. Given your propensity to use txtspk, I would guess you took short cuts.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
blount2000
blount2000
Joined: Oct 15, 2010
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 330
July 24th, 2015 at 7:49:55 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

That Recent Threads link is what I bookmarked and put in my nav bar on my laptop and iPhone. IE, that's my normal entry point. Has been for years, and still works great.


This is a great idea. Thanks.
You serious, Clark?
Zuga
Administrator
Zuga
Joined: May 21, 2014
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 445
July 24th, 2015 at 7:51:17 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Oh come on. I looked at the site for less than ten minutes and found bugs. What was your test plan? Did you have independent QA? How did you push the site toba staging server? Did you use any automation? Did you prove coverage of functionality with a test matrix? Did you have defect tracking?

In short, did you get a professional QA to work on this, or did you have a developer mark their own home work?

It is possible to test every single functional area... even if you will inevitably miss some items. Given your propensity to use txtspk, I would guess you took short cuts.



great, next time ill make sure to consult you before we launch

since you found bugs, i invite you to share them, unless they were already reported. that will be truly welcomed.
"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing "
texasplumr
texasplumr
Joined: Mar 6, 2011
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 343
July 24th, 2015 at 7:55:45 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Sweet. I like it.

Yeah, you can't expect it to be 100% right away. There are bugs, and lots of them, but they are all minor. Bottom line, it work well.

I applaud Zuga and his staff for the work done so far, as well as the relative speed in which the bugs are being squashed.



+1

I'm liking it. Will like it better when I can read it easier. I have no doubt that is being addressed as I am typing this.

Also, I'm sure that Zuga is well aware that some here never seem to be happy with anything.

I think they are doing well with bug fixes. By the end of the weekend I'll probably not even notice anymore.
Stupid is a choice
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
Joined: May 22, 2013
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
July 24th, 2015 at 8:00:31 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Oh come on. I looked at the site for less than ten minutes and found bugs. What was your test plan? Did you have independent QA? How did you push the site toba staging server? Did you use any automation? Did you prove coverage of functionality with a test matrix? Did you have defect tracking?

In short, did you get a professional QA to work on this, or did you have a developer mark their own home work?

It is possible to test every single functional area... even if you will inevitably miss some items. Given your propensity to use txtspk, I would guess you took short cuts.


Now you see, that was not a nice post.
Nice posts are good.
Nice Avatars are good, yours not so much,
You might want to consider changing it.
Were you trying to impress someone with your tech knowledge?
I'm going to assume that all this stuff is easy for you, and that you simply are impatient with those of us, well like me, undercover as the village idiot, a part meant for me BTW, comes natural.
So you get a pass.
Never mind.
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 3211
July 24th, 2015 at 8:34:06 AM permalink
It feels annoying to have the Quote / Reply / Flag Post buttons seem so much more dominant than the post content.


Since I don't want to be completely negative in my opinion, "This change is not as bad as the Slashdot redesign."

Familiarity is an asset, too.
May the cards fall in your favor.
thecesspit
thecesspit
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 5936
July 24th, 2015 at 8:56:29 AM permalink
Quote: Zuga

great, next time ill make sure to consult you before we launch



Seems unlikely, doesn't it. My point is, you should have consulted someone before hand. This stuff isn't hard, it isn't expensive, and it's been written about enough.

Quote:

since you found bugs, i invite you to share them, unless they were already reported. that will be truly welcomed.



I already have in a previous post. I don't believe in basic QA by customers though. You aren't a charity, so I'm not going to work on your site for free.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829

  • Jump to: