Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
June 16th, 2013 at 7:40:51 AM permalink
I am a very,very rich man. I just don't have any f***ing money. But have been in love with the same woman for 44 years. If Josie finds out, she will kill me. LOL

Seriously, beautiful wife, 3 adult daughters, 11 granddaughters, 1 grand son. Life does not get any better.

Happy fathers day to ALL !!!
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
June 16th, 2013 at 7:43:08 AM permalink
Right back at you ,Buzz!
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
June 16th, 2013 at 7:59:16 AM permalink
Likewise!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
June 16th, 2013 at 11:13:10 AM permalink
11 granddaughters out of 12 grandchildren? If that's a binomial distribution, that's a 340 to 1 shot!

and 2184 to 1 that 14 of 15 descendants are female!
Buzzard
Buzzard
June 16th, 2013 at 12:07:08 PM permalink
While at church with Josie an 4 granddaughters, 13, 8, 6, and 3, all in pretty dresses and ribbons in their hair. I read this article instead of listening to the sermon. It;s from a Pentecostal publication. A national study conducted by the University of Richmond.

58% of first births are now outside marriage.
83% for High School Dropouts
54% for High School Graduates
12% for College-educated Women

Median Marriage Age Women = 27
Median Marriage Age Men = 29
Median Average 1st Baby =26

Today unmarried 20-something unwed mothers are the new teen mothers.

Married parents who split before their child is 5 years old = 13%

Young unmarried parents who start out by living together ans split before their child is 5 years old = 39%

I imagine that last number will quickly grow to 50+%. POOR KIDS< SIGH
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
June 16th, 2013 at 12:09:23 PM permalink
Ooops Forgot this P.S.

Happy Father's Day, Face. Nobody ever said being a DAD would be easy! But I have the utmost faith that you will do whatever is in
your son's best interest, no matter how painful it is for you.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 16th, 2013 at 1:45:11 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Ooops Forgot this P.S.

Happy Father's Day, Face. Nobody ever said being a DAD would be easy! But I have the utmost faith that you will do whatever is in
your son's best interest, no matter how painful it is for you.

Thanks, Buzz. That was very touching.

I think “pain” in some form or another will always exist. As I’m sure you can relate, all Fathers will always experience fear and sorrow and stress, whether they’re younger than me or older than you. But it’s the ones who never give up and always give their all that get to reap the rewards of enduring those things. A squeal of laughter that tells you you’re the funniest dad in the world, that look of amazement that tells you you’re the strongest dad in the world, that look of understanding that tells you you’re the smartest dad in the world. And hell, when you get a random, unexpected hug or pat on the head, well, don’t that beat all?

Happy Father’s Day Buzz, and to all the men that are doing it right.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Buzzard
Buzzard
June 16th, 2013 at 2:28:08 PM permalink
At the risk of sounding like an old fart, DADs have it a lot harder than I and especially my dad did. I was a teenager in the 1950's.
1953-59. Back then if a dad could get his kid to graduate from high school, or get out of the military with an honorable discharge, he could get that son a UNION job. They were all over Baltimore. Teamster's , Longshoremen, Retail Clerks, Bethlehem Steel, Fisher Auto
Body, GM plant, etc.

And if the kid could manage his money a little, he could soon have a house out in the suburbs. And his wife could stay at home and raise his children. Them days are gone forever !

P.S. I think your son has a KEWL Dad.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 16th, 2013 at 7:22:15 PM permalink
I hear what you’re saying and I’m not gonna lie, I worry, too. But I did see something that made me smile…

My son’s class had a “Donuts for Dads” day, where all the kids made a bunch of cards and gifts and then invite the dads to spend the day at school with them. Of course, for most of the year I see only moms and grandparents at pickup and drop off. But whether married or split, every single kid in his class had their dad there for the entire day.

14 out of 14 ain’t bad =)

(and thanks again =D)
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
  • Jump to: