coilman
coilman
Joined: Jan 29, 2012
  • Threads: 121
  • Posts: 960
October 14th, 2014 at 4:13:50 PM permalink
Came home today and checked the mailbox to find a letter from WYNN Las Vegas

Opened it up and its for three free night stay in December or a few other months over the coming winter month...interesting as I have been looking into flying thru Vegas back home before the holidays once again

Been to Vegas five times and I do not ever remember entering this casino, much less getting a players card. To be truthful I am more of low roller, blue jeans type of guy. Its likely a once in a lifetime chance to see this upscale place ( usually stay at Paris) but have the feeling I will feel out of place

So how did they get my info? My only guess is a host from Caesars has a new job and took my info with them.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 138
  • Posts: 3641
October 14th, 2014 at 4:17:12 PM permalink
If you never played there, that is a good thing. Yes, someone is fishing for players. Just make sure to look at the fine print to ensure that there is not a minimum play requirement. Otherwise it is a slow time in Vegas and they are gambling that you could be a player who can be developed into a Wynn player. the risk is minimal on their end as the rooms would probably be empty during available times.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 115
  • Posts: 12733
October 14th, 2014 at 4:20:20 PM permalink
Quote: coilman

Came home today and checked the mailbox to find a letter from WYNN Las Vegas

Opened it up and its for three free night stay in December or a few other months over the coming winter month...interesting as I have been looking into flying thru Vegas back home before the holidays once again

Been to Vegas five times and I do not ever remember entering this casino, much less getting a players card. To be truthful I am more of low roller, blue jeans type of guy. Its likely a once in a lifetime chance to see this upscale place ( usually stay at Paris) but have the feeling I will feel out of place

So how did they get my info? My only guess is a host from Caesars has a new job and took my info with them.

Rather be at paris than Wynn, Wynn is boring and not all that.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 4063
October 14th, 2014 at 4:26:42 PM permalink
Similar "fishing offer" last year; we stayed at the Encore for three nights. The room was fantastic and the place was nice but I don't think we're headed back anytime soon. It is too far away from everything and a little pretentious for us...your mileage may vary...

I'd take the offer if it fits your plans, have a good time, and go from there!
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 402
  • Posts: 19879
October 14th, 2014 at 5:01:38 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Rather be at paris than Wynn, Wynn is boring and not all that.



Wynn is the most boring casino in Vegas and
it's always dead when I'm there. Encore is
tomblike, good place to nap.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
helpmespock
helpmespock
Joined: Mar 6, 2010
  • Threads: 47
  • Posts: 265
November 5th, 2014 at 5:57:05 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Rather be at paris than Wynn, Wynn is boring and not all that.



Quote: EvenBob

Wynn is the most boring casino in Vegas and
it's always dead when I'm there. Encore is
tomblike, good place to nap.



My wife and I stay at the Wynn on March Break every year and last year they gave me an offer to a slot tournament in December. The catch was that I had to pay for my room for a minimum of three night's stay so as people said before check the fine print.

We like the Wynn precisely because of the factors quoted by others -- just away from the middle of the strip but not too far off. The hustle and bustle of the middle of the strip is within easy walking distance, but is far enough off that the pace is a little more staid.

When we're there the Wynn casino seems busy enough especially during the evenings. However I agree with EvenBob that the Encore casino always seems dead whenever I've pulled through there.

--helpmespock
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 115
  • Posts: 12733
November 5th, 2014 at 8:17:41 AM permalink
Quote: helpmespock

My wife and I stay at the Wynn on March Break every year and last year they gave me an offer to a slot tournament in December. The catch was that I had to pay for my room for a minimum of three night's stay so as people said before check the fine print.

We like the Wynn precisely because of the factors quoted by others -- just away from the middle of the strip but not too far off. The hustle and bustle of the middle of the strip is within easy walking distance, but is far enough off that the pace is a little more staid.

When we're there the Wynn casino seems busy enough especially during the evenings. However I agree with EvenBob that the Encore casino always seems dead whenever I've pulled through there.

--helpmespock

Well you must be old or really cool, I hear that's the only way to be invite.

I was probably playing right next to you☺ We get invented to most of their tournaments, luckily I'm a local so no rooms required(they can be stingy on the complimentary rooms), usually they offer freeplay, buffets and a drawing. The prize pool is good as well.

The structure is great(usually held @ Encore), You play 3 five minute sessions back to back to back (they drop lowest score).They don't hold you hostage in between sessions. You can be In and out in 45 minutes if you wish. Its fairly well organized.

It used to be 2 ten minute sessions back to back.

I'm probably biased because we have done well overall.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
pokerface
pokerface
Joined: May 9, 2010
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 514
November 5th, 2014 at 9:16:04 AM permalink
I was also invited to slot tournaments a few times.
Wynn's rooms are very good, top notch. Their standard (cheapest) rooms are way better than most suites in other strip hotels.
But i don't like the casino and the dealers are among the worst anywhere.
winning streaks come and go, losing streak never ends.
helpmespock
helpmespock
Joined: Mar 6, 2010
  • Threads: 47
  • Posts: 265
November 6th, 2014 at 10:02:27 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Well you must be old or really cool, I hear that's the only way to be invite.

I was probably playing right next to you☺ We get invented to most of their tournaments, luckily I'm a local so no rooms required(they can be stingy on the complimentary rooms), usually they offer freeplay, buffets and a drawing. The prize pool is good as well.



I'm 45 so I don't think I'm that old nor am I really cool either. I think they gave me the slot tourney offer because it was a slow time and they were probably making it up with the mandatory room charge of three nights. The room charge for the three nights was more than I normally pay at March Break.

I didn't end up going so we missed each other. I wrote about the offer in this thread.

--helpmespock
helpmespock
helpmespock
Joined: Mar 6, 2010
  • Threads: 47
  • Posts: 265
November 6th, 2014 at 10:05:49 AM permalink
Quote: pokerface

I was also invited to slot tournaments a few times.
Wynn's rooms are very good, top notch. Their standard (cheapest) rooms are way better than most suites in other strip hotels.
But i don't like the casino and the dealers are among the worst anywhere.



My wife and I enjoy the rooms too compared to the other spots we've stayed -- Harrah's, Caesars Palace, The Golden Nugget.

I actually like the blackjack dealers at the Wynn for the most part. Most of them deal a slower game which I like. I hate feeling like I'm being rushed by some corporate mandate to increase hands dealt per hour.

--helpmespock

  • Jump to: