whodat
whodat
Joined: May 11, 2015
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 104
July 9th, 2016 at 6:41:37 PM permalink
Mlife is starting to offer a Master Card with instant Pearl status as well as Tier Credits on money spent from the credit card. This is better than the TR credit card because the TR card does not give you tier points for money spent outside their properties.
Is the Mlife card worth it?
Brewfangrb
Brewfangrb
Joined: Sep 4, 2014
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 48
July 9th, 2016 at 7:07:15 PM permalink
Quote: whodat

Mlife is starting to offer a Master Card with instant Pearl status as well as Tier Credits on money spent from the credit card. This is better than the TR credit card because the TR card does not give you tier points for money spent outside their properties.
Is the Mlife card worth it?



I applied and got it. (Not yet arrived). I only go to Vegas about once per year, but getting instant Pearl status and credits for all my spend on the card is worth it to me because MGM is my home base.

I was putting all my recurring bills through my Amex Delta Gold card but they denied a recent request for a credit limit increase. So given the annual fee there, etc...I'm chucking that card all my recurring spend will go on the MLife card.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 92
  • Posts: 9582
July 9th, 2016 at 9:40:04 PM permalink
Cancel the delta gold and get the SPG. With their points we have received 8 free hotel nights with 3 of them being at niagara falls over the holiday.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5286
July 10th, 2016 at 6:31:34 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Cancel the delta gold and get the SPG. With their points we have received 8 free hotel nights with 3 of them being at niagara falls over the holiday.



What is the SPG?
Lock him up!
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 2943
July 10th, 2016 at 6:37:42 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

What is the SPG?


http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/index.html?language=en_US
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 1442
July 10th, 2016 at 7:27:59 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Cancel the delta gold and get the SPG. With their points we have received 8 free hotel nights with 3 of them being at niagara falls over the holiday.



SPG is the best credit card ever. I hope Marriott doesn't f*** it up.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 92
  • Posts: 9582
July 10th, 2016 at 8:44:12 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

SPG is the best credit card ever. I hope Marriott doesn't f*** it up.



Oh I am sure they will. My wife is going to get one next month so we can take advantage of the bonus before they screw that up. I still can't believe four points can be had for 3k points any day of the week. Staying next Saturday night in york, pa on a saturday for 3k points and again in Chicago for 3 nights in November for 9k points total on Friday and Saturday nights.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
  • Threads: 209
  • Posts: 3127
July 11th, 2016 at 5:12:51 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Oh I am sure they will. My wife is going to get one next month so we can take advantage of the bonus before they screw that up. I still can't believe four points can be had for 3k points any day of the week. Staying next Saturday night in york, pa on a saturday for 3k points and again in Chicago for 3 nights in November for 9k points total on Friday and Saturday nights.

That is a GREAT redemption rate for selected properties !
You know the type always acting cool, Pretender;Take the risk or give up your cards, Pretender, Oh, Oh. - Iris/Avsec

  • Jump to: