No votes (0%)
1 vote (20%)
3 votes (60%)

5 members have voted

buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
July 24th, 2011 at 3:32:15 PM permalink
Just finished answering assignment on American Government class. Told the professor his simulation of trying to pass a bill
was about as realistic as the professor in Rodney Dangerfield's First Economics Class on You Tube.
Now I am about to take his exam. Figured as long as I am burning bridges I would add this.
I believe I can do the following on digital gaming tables and still comply with gaming regs as to be representative of a real deck
and it's probabilities and a player's expectation.

A. Using a digital deck currently used in a VP game, there is a hand that the odds on it being dealt in the first 5 cards is in
excess of 400 million to one. And more recognizable than a Royal Flush.

B. Using the SD feature in Digital 21 I can deal 3 rounds to 5 players and players average 3 cards per hand and the dealer
average 2 and 1/3, I will have less than 75% penetration. And cards can be dealt face up and not even " George" would
have an edge as a Advantage Player.

C, That I can leave the rules of play in holdem poker online unchanged, leave players probabilities of a starting hand unchanged
AA still 220-1 against, ranks and betting rounds the same, yet increase betting 10-20 %, almost all of it on pre-flop and
flop . And virtually eliminate the most subtle and successful forms of cheating.

You can vote more than once in this poll, so as they cay in Chicago. VOTE EARLY AND VOTE OFTEN
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
July 24th, 2011 at 4:02:56 PM permalink
There are 2,598,960 combinations of 5 cards in a standard 52 card deck. Unless "a digital deck currently used in a VP game" means something else, then A is not possible.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
July 24th, 2011 at 4:34:03 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

There are 2,598,960 combinations of 5 cards in a standard 52 card deck. Unless "a digital deck currently used in a VP game" means something else, then A is not possible.

Order can be important. There's 311 Million orderings of those 5 from 52. I would guess a natural order Royal in Spades is a 1 in 311 Millions shot (as in every unique set of cards). No idea if that's what buzzpaff means.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 24th, 2011 at 4:34:27 PM permalink
I beg to differ. Try a deck with a joker.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
July 24th, 2011 at 4:37:45 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

A. Using a digital deck currently used in a VP game, there is a hand that the odds on it being dealt in the first 5 cards is in
excess of 400 million to one. And more recognizable than a Royal Flush.

The only way this could be the case is if you used five separate decks like Five Deck Frenzy and a joker deck of 53 cards. Then the odds of 5-of-a-kind are 1 in 53^5 or 1 in 418M. The odds of a single hand in standard Five Deck Frenzy, with 52 cards in each deck, are only 52^5 or 1 in 380M. The longest odds you can get with a single 53-card deck, even if you pay attention to ordering, is 1 in 344M.

Five Deck Frenzy was a joint venture between IGT and Shuffle Master. It failed.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 24th, 2011 at 4:39:35 PM permalink
No, not sequential. Only requirement that is be dealt in the first 5 cards. There may be only 20 stops on each of 3 slot machine
wheels,but that does not stop the payouts from being in the millions. I will explain in a PM reply only if someone promises to do
a minimal mathematical analysis for me.
I know just because I can do something, that does not make it marketable. But need some sort of expression in mathematical
terminology to have a chance to pitch my game.
thecesspit
thecesspit
July 24th, 2011 at 4:39:58 PM permalink

Used in A VP game, I see your wording now. Very clever.

Still only gives 344 Million Unique ordered hands if you have a single joker. Double Joker is 379 Million...

Meh, not interested in playing a guessing game.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 24th, 2011 at 4:42:46 PM permalink
Give ME a cigar You are correct sir. I intend to apply it in a different manner, Thanks for verifying the possibility.
Now i have to check on infringement before proceeding further.
And 5 jokers is more recognizable than a royal flush to the general public.

DAMN Math Extremist you are my hero!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 24th, 2011 at 4:44:29 PM permalink
A is definitely possible.

Now for B and C ????
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
July 24th, 2011 at 4:47:14 PM permalink

One joker makes 2,869,685 possible combinations and 2 Jokers make 3,162,510 combinations. A poker hand does not require order. So if you're requiring order then I might suggest re-wording the question.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 24th, 2011 at 4:50:27 PM permalink
. Developed by Shuffle Master Gaming's Dr. Mark Yoseloff, Five Deck Frenzy debuted at the 1996 World Gaming Congress & Expo.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 24th, 2011 at 4:52:13 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

One joker makes 2,869,685 possible combinations and 2 Jokers make 3,162,510 combinations. A poker hand does not require order. So if you're requiring order then I might suggest re-wording the question.

ME provided the answer, close enough at least. Mine is a single deck application. Care to go for B or C. I do not think C will be solved, even by the Wizard should he try.
thecesspit
thecesspit
July 24th, 2011 at 4:54:43 PM permalink
I assume C is some sort of side bet/bonus hand payment based on the two card players hand and the three card flop, trying to encourage more people to see the flop. Not sure if you are talking limit or no limit. The effects of such a bonus might not be to increase the pre-flop play, depending on it's nature and where any bonus is removed from.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 24th, 2011 at 5:05:43 PM permalink
No bonus , no side bet, just removing that which limits action. Once you figure out what limits pre-flop and flop action the answer should be apparent. The trick is to do it without changing starting hand probabilities. Or figure the the 3 components for collusion and eliminate one.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 24th, 2011 at 5:10:29 PM permalink
In no limit action would be increased and in WSOP or World Poker Tour Tournaments, hell most tournaments in general,
there would be a hell of a lot less hands where there is no flop. I think at one final WSOP tournament last year Eric Lindgren
remarked " are we ever gonna see a flop" after 43 no plop hands. Those 42 minute tv show final tables sometimes go 6 or 7 hours.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
July 24th, 2011 at 5:20:44 PM permalink

ME provided the answer, close enough at least. Mine is a single deck application. Care to go for B or C. I do not think C will be solved, even by the Wizard should he try.

It seems like you're talking about using an infinite deck for poker or blackjack, not dealing (without replacement) from a single deck. The math for blackjack with an infinite deck is similar to an eight-deck shoe, but not really close to an actual single deck. Don't call it "single deck" if you put each card back and reshuffle immediately after each card comes out.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 24th, 2011 at 5:29:29 PM permalink
If I did that a player could get two Aces of spades. That certainly would not comply with the regs for SD BJ, let alone Hold'em poker.
I can assure you each and every player is playing from a single digital deck against a common dealer. And that basic strategy is
exactly that as written by Thorpe for use in a single deck game.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 24th, 2011 at 7:37:42 PM permalink
Got an 88 on American Government and only 1 vote cast that I am NUTS. All in all a better than expected day.

Thanks Everybody
  • Jump to: