Gorillanoah
Gorillanoah
  • Threads: 3
December 31st, 2022 at 7:46:51 PM permalink
Happy New Year everyone.

If anyone with at least a modicum of programming savvy has any interest in a Video Poker collaboration, PM me (or you can ask me general stuff here).

I’m new to the forum and have only been brainstorming these 4-5 ideas for a month, so I won’t take offense if you lambaste me or my wonky games for being derivative, quixotic or math-illiterate.

They are basically (unique?) versions of extra 0.2-1.0-unit-in
VP games. I’ve worked out the math to the degree that the pay tables and general game play are within reason, but some of the partial returns are too difficult to compute by hand or even analytically.

My other idea relates to a mechanical/operational aspect of VP applicable to any VP game.

Thanks and be well,
Noah
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 259
December 31st, 2022 at 10:27:41 PM permalink
Quote: Gorillanoah

Happy New Year everyone.

If anyone with at least a modicum of programming savvy has any interest in a Video Poker collaboration, PM me (or you can ask me general stuff here).

I’m new to the forum and have only been brainstorming these 4-5 ideas for a month, so I won’t take offense if you lambaste me or my wonky games for being derivative, quixotic or math-illiterate.

They are basically (unique?) versions of extra 0.2-1.0-unit-in
VP games. I’ve worked out the math to the degree that the pay tables and general game play are within reason, but some of the partial returns are too difficult to compute by hand or even analytically.

My other idea relates to a mechanical/operational aspect of VP applicable to any VP game.

Thanks and be well,
Noah
link to original post

Your in luck because you don’t need a human to do this for you

Just tell an ai what you want and it’ll program it for you

Plus humans do unnecessary things like need money and complain when you aren’t happy behind your back and who wants to put up with crap like that when you just want to complete something cool
Gorillanoah
Gorillanoah
December 31st, 2022 at 11:26:37 PM permalink
I have to say I did not believe you until I spent the last hour telling Chat GPT what I wanted. Absolutely insane. Now I’m not sure what to do with this code, but I guess I can just ask Chat GPT…
Thank you.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
January 1st, 2023 at 4:17:21 AM permalink
Be really careful with chat GPT.

It will give you wrong solutions and be very confidently incorrect about it.
Dobrij
Dobrij
  • Threads: 23
January 1st, 2023 at 6:08:23 AM permalink
I have solutions for various games. PM
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 259
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
January 1st, 2023 at 9:31:46 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

link to original post

i hate to say it but its mostly correct and for the amount of time and energy saved. life for programmers and normal people will never be the same and its absolutely worth it for the price which is free as of this point in time

and noah, your next step should at least be to go start reading and feeding the patents into the AI

you need to search for your "idea" in patent form because its the core mechanics of the game that you are worried about and how novel they are compared to other ideas

i can almost assure you your idea has already been patented at the least and even if you cant find it in a patent form someone somewhere has had the idea and they just didnt pursue it on a business level.

ive spent many years simply trying to come up with any new idea and most of the time they are patented but worded in wierd ways. its a labor of love.

but now with AI i can speed through things such as interpretations and also have it make algorithms based on the patents.

trust me just keep messing with the AI and youll have a prototype of your idea in less time that it would take you to have people piece it together for you and try to learn how to code in the meantime while it writes the code for you. ALWAYS read the comments the AI writes for you.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
January 1st, 2023 at 10:15:17 AM permalink
Quote: heatmap

Quote: gamerfreak

link to original post

i hate to say it but its mostly correct and for the amount of time and energy saved. life for programmers and normal people will never be the same and its absolutely worth it for the price which is free as of this point in time

and noah, your next step should at least be to go start reading and feeding the patents into the AI

you need to search for your "idea" in patent form because its the core mechanics of the game that you are worried about and how novel they are compared to other ideas

i can almost assure you your idea has already been patented at the least and even if you cant find it in a patent form someone somewhere has had the idea and they just didnt pursue it on a business level.

ive spent many years simply trying to come up with any new idea and most of the time they are patented but worded in wierd ways. its a labor of love.

but now with AI i can speed through things such as interpretations and also have it make algorithms based on the patents.

trust me just keep messing with the AI and youll have a prototype of your idea in less time that it would take you to have people piece it together for you and try to learn how to code in the meantime while it writes the code for you. ALWAYS read the comments the AI writes for you.
link to original post

This has not been my experience at all.

I have avidly been trying to use it for work (I work in software in the the civil engineering space).

The thing is just consistently wrong, despite being very sure of itself. If I ask it the same exact Engineering question, it will give me different wrong answers each time.

ChatGPT has impressive skills with natural language and syntax, but it’s not replacing anyone’s job.

I have serious doubts that it spit out a working and accurate VP simulator for OP.
Gorillanoah
Gorillanoah
January 1st, 2023 at 11:07:40 AM permalink
Thanks for the advice!

Yea, I did notice it confidently goofs at times: I asked it what was the probability of an 8 low straight flush AFTER the draw in DDB poker and it misinterpreted the question many times, in many ways.

But overall I’m shocked by what it can do. I’ll search its database for patents relating to my ideas, because as heatmap has suggested, I’m sure my ideas are at least floating atop patented VP principles, and if they aren’t, then they’ve probably been dismissed for other good reasons.

For instance, I don’t even know if one can use a Bonus Poker variant as the basis for a new bonus tweak. I also don’t know if the mechanics of multiple line play is still protected.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
January 1st, 2023 at 12:53:27 PM permalink
Quote: Gorillanoah

For instance, I don’t even know if one can use a Bonus Poker variant as the basis for a new bonus tweak. I also don’t know if the mechanics of multiple line play is still protected.

Paytable's are not protectable so you can use a bonus poker type paytable. The general "Triple Play" style methodology is no longer protected. There are variants that were protected later but the original patent has expired.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Gorillanoah
Gorillanoah
January 1st, 2023 at 7:54:31 PM permalink
Great! That’s the assumption I was perilously riding on.

Now if only I could conquer the AI programming! So far ChatGP generated 5 cards on a screen for me, which I’m was oddly satisfying considering I’ve never coded anything before.

And I guess having it tweak the code slowly while I save older versions could eventually work. It seems to stop mid-code when directions get too complex or when it’s integrating HTML,CSS and JavaScript all at once.

Thanks for all the info again, guys.

Noah
  • Jump to: