Rosebud
Rosebud
  • Threads: 9
June 2nd, 2020 at 9:07:44 PM permalink
Hello Everyone,

Was wondering, would you get a math report done for your game prior to filing for a provisional patent, or can those efforts be done in tandem? Also, any idea what the rates are like for the various labs? I’m seeing a pretty wide range from some previous forum posts, so was wondering if anyone had updated numbers. I’ve be looking at one if the labs approved for Nevada.

Also, when getting math reports done, does it cost extra to get the numbers run for different rules (such as different payout scales)?

Thanks in advance!
Doubleluck1
Doubleluck1
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
Rosebud
June 5th, 2020 at 4:17:43 PM permalink
Quote: Rosebud

Hello Everyone,

Was wondering, would you get a math report done for your game prior to filing for a provisional patent, or can those efforts be done in tandem? Also, any idea what the rates are like for the various labs? I’m seeing a pretty wide range from some previous forum posts, so was wondering if anyone had updated numbers. I’ve be looking at one if the labs approved for Nevada.

Also, when getting math reports done, does it cost extra to get the numbers run for different rules (such as different payout scales)?

Thanks in advance!

You may get both accomplished in tandem, however, I’ve always first gotten the math done and then filed for patent protection.

The rates GLI and BMM charge are based on an hourly rate. The total cost of your game will be conducted in this manner — they do NOT do anything project-based. That’s why many will use a mathematician prior to going to GLI or BMM as they will tend to work with you with respect to fine-tuning your idea. Additionally, games that involve fixed math tend to be cheaper (ie dice / roulette) and blackjack variations tend to run higher — GLI may easily charge $10,000 or more for this type of idea. When trying different rules for the same game, they simply view it as another math problem and will just revert to charging you at their prescribed hourly rate. If you simply want various paytables for the same game, this is usually part of the initial charge they quote you.

You can always reach out to them to get a quote so you know what it will cost you. Their quotes are usually good for 30 days or so.
Rosebud
Rosebud
June 5th, 2020 at 4:28:41 PM permalink
Thank you very much for all your helpful replies! I have recently reached out to GLI and BMM to start the conversation and I am now looking for independent mathematicians who could do the math reports to be varied by one of the latter companies. I certainly didn't realise the math could cost that much, so that is very good to know. Thanks again.
Doubleluck1
Doubleluck1
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
Rosebud
June 5th, 2020 at 4:30:05 PM permalink
I recommend Joe Shipman and Charles Mousseau. I’ve worked with both and have had good results.
Rosebud
Rosebud
June 5th, 2020 at 4:31:38 PM permalink
I will look them up - thank you!
  • Jump to: