DogHand
DogHand
  • Threads: 1
February 14th, 2019 at 1:47:25 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

It would actually be more often than that. You get 5 cards dealt, plus you are drawing more cards in most hands. Typically you will see about 8 cards per game. 53/8=6.62

DRich,

I believe the bonus applies only when the "lightning card" appears on the deal, not on the draw.

Dog Hand
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 66
February 14th, 2019 at 2:02:32 PM permalink
Quote: DogHand

DRich,

I believe the bonus applies only when the "lightning card" appears on the deal, not on the draw.

Dog Hand

If there are 53 cards in the deck, what happens if that card comes out on the draw? I could see if the Lightning symbol was added to one of the 52 cards, but by having an extra card it is bound to show up on the draw too. Gaming regulators would not allow you to remove it after the deal. Players would be pissed if it showed up on the draw and didn't count.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 50
February 14th, 2019 at 2:15:53 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I think you will have a VERY hard time gaining appeal to the general public. As the game inventor, you will naturally build a house edge into the game against the FASTEST players. The majority of players that KNOW they are not amongst the fastest will realize that they are at a disadvantage against an even higher house edge.
I think the concept is interesting, but I don't think you will find a large enough audience to make it succeed commercially.

But I could be wrong!

Appreciate you thoughts SOOPOO and thanks for sharing.

The game will have to be designed around the ability of the fastest players if it is a timed event. We have discussed other versions providing an allotted amount of time instead of a timer, but that may be a future build.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
Thanks for this post from:
Gialmere
February 14th, 2019 at 2:18:46 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Yeah, me too. It's one thing to give a player options to think about, but this twist challenges both the mental and physical skills. SP makes some good points though. Please post again when you have a demo at your site to play. I'd love to try it.

Is the lightning card wild or does it vanish to reveal the actual card dealt?

Gialmere,

Once we get a "more polished" version of our demo, I will post it here for everyone to check out.

The lightning card will signal the bonus on the deal of the game, and then be removed from the hand and replaced by the next card in the deck. Once the player finishes that current hand, the timer and bonus round will start on the deal of the subsequent hand.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
February 14th, 2019 at 2:21:20 PM permalink

Romes,

I think your calculation is wrong. If the deck has 53 cards, then the odds of seeing the "lightning card" on the deal is just 5/53, or once every 10.6 deals.

As for the original concept, rather than give "time", why not give "deals"? That would put fast and slow players on an equal footing.

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand

We have been playing around with the idea of a set number of free hands and that may be included in other builds once we get the timer concept in place for our current build.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
February 14th, 2019 at 2:29:22 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I do not like the idea of an extra card in the deck. The bonus will just happen too often. I would just set it up as a random event just like Super Times. If you are giving free hands for 30 seconds that would be about equivalent to a $12.50 bonus for a quarter 5 coin player (roughly 10 hands in 30 seconds). Assuming no multipliers you will need to collect that $12.50 in the extra promo bet. If you add multipliers and the averages is a 2x multiplier you will need to collect $25 in extra bets before the bonus triggers. With the one coin extra bet that would mean the bonus could trigger about every 100 hands.

We have the protection to allow the bonus to be random without using the card and we may do yet another build using that concept in the near future.

Super Times Pay is the game that comes to mind when you think about an extra card added to the deck and I like balance of how often it occurs. Do you know if STP uses a random event (love this idea because it is easier to work with!) or do they actually use a the STP card? I've always heard that the card appears about 1 out of 18 times and based on the math presented earlier it would be about 1 out of 8 or 1 out of 10 with the card.

Triggering the bonus hands once every 100 hands may not be enough to keep players interested in the game, so we may have to look closer at a higher wager.

Thanks for your reply, DRich.
DRich
DRich
RealizeGaming
February 14th, 2019 at 2:33:09 PM permalink
STP does not use an extra card in the deck. It is just a random event that varies based on the pay table. I think the last time I looked the machine I was on said it was every 15.2 hands. The actual value is usually disclosed in the help screen.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
February 14th, 2019 at 2:33:53 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Just to highlight, DRich knows what he's talking about.

I play at about 800hph, sometimes a little faster. So I would get to see the timer about every 7-8 minutes. That seems often enough to make it an attractive feature, especially if you can add multipliers.

Right after I replied to DRich, I read this and started to think maybe 7-8 times per hour to see the bonus wouldn't be that bad. Our first work we did on the game allows for retriggers within the bonus and each retrigger increases the multiplier so 7-8 times may provide enough built in distance between each trigger to allow for this style of play.

Would 30 seconds for the bonus seem adequate based on how fast you play beachbumbabs?
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
February 14th, 2019 at 2:38:14 PM permalink

DRich,

Dog Hand

Correct Dog Hand. The bonus is only available on the deal of the game. In the retrigger version build, it can occur at anytime during the game which makes the game crazy fun which may require us to make the event random to control the bonus.
DRich
DRich
RealizeGaming
February 14th, 2019 at 2:40:54 PM permalink
I think if I was you I would try to target a bet of 5+5. That way you could have the bonuses more often and have some multipliers too.

• Jump to: