UKMark
UKMark
  • Threads: 7
July 13th, 2018 at 7:45:29 AM permalink
I've got an updated game demo of the Multi Deck Poker Game that plays with a 1x play bet rather than the original 2x play bet.

This has allowed some changes in the pay table in the 1x Play Bet version;
  • High card winning hands now push both bets
  • Ante wins 1:1 on all winning bets of 1 pair of higher
  • 2 pair now wins 3:2 on the play bet
  • Three of a kind now wins 2:1 on the play bet

You can play either game from this link: Play Here
Success comes in cans, not cant's
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
July 13th, 2018 at 8:40:18 AM permalink
Hmm, can't decide which I like better. The all 1-1 pays for 2 pair and trips sucks, but I like the 2x bet. I guess it works out about the same. Would appease a lot of OCD if 2 pair paid 2-1 and trips paid 3-1... just saying =).
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
July 13th, 2018 at 2:55:17 PM permalink
With
  • higher pays for 2 Pair and Trips,
  • no payoff on the Ante bet when you win with a high card hand
  • as before, no payoff on the Play bet either when you win with a high card hand

Thus, I think the Play=1X game becomes much more about pairing your hand. Having high cards in your starting 3-card hand is now much less exciting and important - its mostly about whether player has a pair in their starting hand (which is not very often). It just seems a bit more boring. However, the player strategy may be more straightforward, which I suspect is what you were after.

How often should a player fold in the Play=1X version? I suspect its less often than in the Play=2X version, like FOLD only if Dealer has a pair and Player doesn't?

A novel aspect of your game is seeing 2/5 of dealers cards (and only 3/5 of your own.) Does seeing dealer's 2 cards really make much of a difference in Play=1X?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
LuckySevens
LuckySevens
  • Threads: 2
Thanked by
UKMark
August 7th, 2018 at 9:34:57 AM permalink
Just letting you know about a bug. In the 1x play beta, if you exceed the bet limit, the text box that appears doesn't go away, and it covers the dealers hand.
UKMark
UKMark
August 7th, 2018 at 10:11:19 AM permalink
Quote: LuckySevens

Just letting you know about a bug. In the 1x play beta, if you exceed the bet limit, the text box that appears doesn't go away, and it covers the dealers hand.

Thanks for letting me know, I'l have a look at it asap.

What have you enjoyed/not enjoyed about playing the game?

Cheers
UKMark
UKMark
August 7th, 2018 at 10:24:51 AM permalink
Quote: LuckySevens

Just applied a fix. You may need to do a ctrl+f5 to reload so you don't pick up anything from the cache.

Also realised that with the 1x bet you should be able to bet 500 on the ante so fixed that as well.

Please let me know if you you find anything else and would like to get your thoughts on the game.

Thanks.
  • Jump to: