mrsuit31
mrsuit31
Joined: May 29, 2010
  • Threads: 82
  • Posts: 1325
May 11th, 2017 at 10:26:17 AM permalink
It appears more operations companies are hoping on the bandwagon of creating and installing their own games... Has anyone seen this new game on trial at the Orleans LV? Can you post the rules/rack card if you come across them...

Free Flop Hold'em NGCB
.
DiscreteMaths2
DiscreteMaths2
Joined: May 4, 2016
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 241
May 11th, 2017 at 2:33:49 PM permalink
I could be mistaken but I think this is modified $3/$6 Hold Em and not a table/carnival game.
Assume the worst, believe no one, and make your move only when you are certain that you are unbeatable or have, at worst, exceptionally good odds in your favor.
mrsuit31
mrsuit31
Joined: May 29, 2010
  • Threads: 82
  • Posts: 1325
May 11th, 2017 at 5:59:10 PM permalink
Quote: DiscreteMaths2

I could be mistaken but I think this is modified $3/$6 Hold Em and not a table/carnival game.



Got it. Well if anyone can confirm and give some details I'd be interested to hear them. Wonder if that means it's just a family flop every hand.
.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1398
  • Posts: 23605
Thanks for this post from:
mrsuit31Paigowdan
May 18th, 2017 at 6:20:28 PM permalink
Just saw this thread. I'll try to make it over there soon.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1398
  • Posts: 23605
May 30th, 2017 at 2:29:26 PM permalink
I finally made it to the Orleans. I can confirm that Free Flop Hold 'Em can be found in the poker room. It Texas Hold 'Em but without the pre-flop betting. They are running a "splash the pot" promotion right now where they randomly add $25 to the pot twice an hour, if I remember the details correctly.

I'm surprised this game even needed a field trial.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
JeffK
JeffK
Joined: May 29, 2017
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 2
May 30th, 2017 at 7:29:54 PM permalink
Interesting. Out of curiosity, was it limit or no-limit?

Edit: I see now it said $3/$6 above. Duh. Need more sleep. Or, maybe more caffeine?
Last edited by: JeffK on May 31, 2017
mrsuit31
mrsuit31
Joined: May 29, 2010
  • Threads: 82
  • Posts: 1325
May 30th, 2017 at 9:19:43 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I finally made it to the Orleans. I can confirm that Free Flop Hold 'Em can be found in the poker room. It Texas Hold 'Em but without the pre-flop betting. They are running a "splash the pot" promotion right now where they randomly add $25 to the pot twice an hour, if I remember the details correctly.

I'm surprised this game even needed a field trial.



Interesting. In reality it won't hurt their revenue stream as they will likely still reach the hand rake cap every hand.

I'm surprised it needed a "trial" also. But I guess it's still a pretty significant rule change in that regard...

Thanks for the report, as always.
.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
Joined: Jun 13, 2014
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2233
May 30th, 2017 at 9:35:20 PM permalink
It doesn't seem to be setting the world, or even a block on West Trop, on fire. I saw on bravopokerlive.com that they had one table of it going on Monday, on the busy Memorial Day holiday, with no waiting list so probably a short-handed game. And at this time (about 9:30 pm) it is not running and there is no list waiting to start a table.

The description from the "promotions" section of the Orleans room information on Bravo:
Quote:

"FREE FLOP HOLD'EM" NOW UNDERWAY!!... "Free Flop"* Hold'em makes its debut!! Come down and experience this exciting new version of Texas Hold'em, born right here at The Orleans!! Be one of the first players to start the game, log a minimum amount of time, and lunch is on us! In addition, cash will be awarded for hours played, and pots will be splashed TWICE AN HOUR!! Come join us for what may be the new phenomenon in poker, ONLY AT THE ORLEANS!! Please contact a Poker Shift Mgr. for details

That's a hella lotta incentive to try to jump start it, for stakes of 3/6L.

Quote: mrsuit31

<SNIP>,,,, Wonder if that means it's just a family flop every hand.

If anyone ever folds pre-flop in that game (how?!?) that's gotta take a very "special" sort of person.

EDIT: After no list for it at 9:30 now they have 4 on an interest list at about 10:40pm, so if anyone wants to give it a try it seems that a table of it will probably eventually go, maybe short-handed, as a late game. About two hours ago would've been peak time for most games at Orleans, and they have 18 tables of other cash games going, as you'd expect for this large busy room.
Last edited by: DrawingDead on May 30, 2017
"I'm against stuff like crack and math" --AxelWolf
BlueEagle
BlueEagle
Joined: Jun 7, 2015
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 249
May 31st, 2017 at 2:00:34 PM permalink
This is a $3/$6 Limit Hold 'Em poker game. The dealer deals the cards, burns and turns the flop, then the betting starts with the player to the left of the big blind.

I watched an orbit last Thursday night. Despite the $25 splashed pots (the pot winner has to sign the promotion log sheet), there was an open seat or two. The "Early Bird" promo entitles the players who start the first game of the day to order any single item from the room service food menu for free after two hours of active play.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
May 31st, 2017 at 6:15:24 PM permalink
Quote: BlueEagle

This is a $3/$6 Limit Hold 'Em poker game. The dealer deals the cards, burns and turns the flop, then the betting starts with the player to the left of the big blind.

I watched an orbit last Thursday night. Despite the $25 splashed pots (the pot winner has to sign the promotion log sheet), there was an open seat or two. The "Early Bird" promo entitles the players who start the first game of the day to order any single item from the room service food menu for free after two hours of active play.



So no betting preflop. This is basically bingo IMO. I definitely will not play this game.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW

  • Jump to: