Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
August 29th, 2016 at 7:35:58 PM permalink
And Galaxy just announced a refinance of their long term debt resulting in significant annual cash flow savings...lots going on in the table game distribution space.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
August 29th, 2016 at 8:00:20 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

I think the strategy for Ms isn't the reason it's fading away,It's the variance.
When people try it for the first time and lose 10 hands in a row or more,good luck getting them to try it again.

Agreed. This game is just brutal a majority of the time to the civilians.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Lucky
Lucky
  • Threads: 2
August 29th, 2016 at 8:03:00 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

You know Harry, I would indeed, but I have found - in my old age - this great and legitimate industry to be a bit treacherous, litigious, and political at times.

Key words TREACHEROUS and POLITICAL.

'Nuff said.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -- Winston Churchill
SAMIAM
SAMIAM
  • Threads: 0
August 29th, 2016 at 8:24:31 PM permalink
No expert here, but seems to me, SHFL is the 800lb gorilla in the room. I saw them get 22 placements for SWITCH in Colorado, in less than a month. Good signage, rack cards, dealer training etc.
Game did not last 6 months, but that's a different story.

Buster Blackjack still going strong, but that's because despite limit increase in 2011. Colorado is still a $5 customer market. 20 years 1990-2010 of $5 max has it's results.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
August 29th, 2016 at 8:39:17 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

You know how sometimes you read too quickly and jumble words together? I saw "treacherous" and "litigious" together and read "lecherous."

And now you own a day spa?

Nahhh...

Stacy - all strictly Kosher over here with my Day Spa, which is our plan to shut down the various naughty hand job shops and improve the Great City of Las Vegas (or at least confine them to Spring Mountain Road, a short cab ride from the touristy strip for those looking for that repugnant nasty.....)

Quite serious here, a pro spa for athletes, student athletes, stressed-out business execs looking for a clean and legit spa, -- as well as for couples massage, as many wives in Vegas come along on the husband's spa trip to certify things are on the up-and-up.

When are YOU stopping into 4M Thai Massage Day Spa.

Also see Our official site. I am proud of my wife.

Nothing Litreacherous here....
Last edited by: Paigowdan on Aug 29, 2016
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
August 29th, 2016 at 9:45:53 PM permalink
Don't be like all the rest and offer hot stone treatments. After all, you're PaiGowDan -- you need to offer a hot Pai Gow tiles treatment.

Just make sure to put the pips face up or the clients will leave with funny dimples on their back...
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
August 29th, 2016 at 9:53:27 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

Don't be like all the rest and offer hot stone treatments. After all, you're PaiGowDan -- you need to offer a hot Pai Gow tiles treatment.

Just make sure to put the pips face up or the clients will leave with funny dimples on their back...

I bounced this by my wife and she said, "We're also a gambling free Las Vegas business. No dimples for you!" - And we're right next to the Dotty's slot parlor!

Take a look at our reviews on Yelp, type in 4M Thai massage Las Vegas...
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
  • Threads: 31
August 31st, 2016 at 7:45:29 AM permalink
Quote: SAMIAM

No expert here, but seems to me, SHFL is the 800lb gorilla in the room. I saw them get 22 placements for SWITCH in Colorado, in less than a month. Good signage, rack cards, dealer training etc.
Game did not last 6 months, but that's a different story.

Buster Blackjack still going strong, but that's because despite limit increase in 2011. Colorado is still a $5 customer market. 20 years 1990-2010 of $5 max has it's results.

What is the reason why BJ Switch did not last 6 months in Colorado market. I like BJ switch, and I'm curious about your and other's opinion on BJ Switch?
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
August 31st, 2016 at 8:52:46 AM permalink
Quote: 777

What is the reason why BJ Switch did not last 6 months in Colorado market. I like BJ switch, and I'm curious about your and other's opinion on BJ Switch?

I think the Colorado market is pretty weak - even on a Friday or Saturday, they would need to offer Switch at $5 per hand and then hope that the hold is enough to pay the royalties and earn more than a free game.

One place I like to go took out all proprietary games, with the exception of the bust bonus on some tables, and the entire pit is blackjack. They even removed craps and put in bubble craps, which stinks - it is the most boring pit ever. Seeing the crowd on a weekend, I don't know how they keep the doors open.
I heart Crystal Math.
RoyalBJ
RoyalBJ
  • Threads: 33
August 31st, 2016 at 9:00:09 AM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

SM777, - they have John Hemberger and Ofir V, neither a slouch.......

Not a slouch, how so?
SAMIAM
SAMIAM
  • Threads: 0
August 31st, 2016 at 12:32:49 PM permalink
Still a $5 market, despite limits being raised. Hard to attract new players when they have to bet 2 hands, knowing the object is to hopefully switch cards to split or double down. And you know the answer to the question, when you ask a pit boss why is this game $10 now " BECAUSE IT IS FRIDAY " haha
So a player who wanted try Switch on the weekend figures out a hand might have him betting $60-80. Way above the low limit player comfort zone. Especially on a game he is unsure about the proper strategy.
And push on 22 WTF haha
VonVester
VonVester
  • Threads: 5
October 3rd, 2016 at 10:27:58 AM permalink
Here it is, a month to go before Cutting Edge Table Games competition and I still don't have my booth furniture ordered. I am thinking of using Las Vegas Party Rentals to get a blackjack table and other furniture. I need some advice on how to arrange my booth (I have never done this sort of thing before.... ever).

Do I need chairs for my game tabled? I am thinking that at this competition most players will play a few hands and then move on to the next booth, not bothering to sit down at the table. But perhaps having chairs at the table will encourage players to sit and enjoy the game for a bit longer.

Where do I place rack cards and game information? Should I have a small standup cocktail table at the edge of my booth or should I have a sit down table in the back of the booth?

Do I need regular chairs for sitting and discussing the game in comfort?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
October 3rd, 2016 at 12:18:00 PM permalink
Chairs are standard for all such demos, simulating a real game-play environment. Besides, you will sit and talk together with a potential customer reviewing all game-related material.

Most rack cards for the game are standard the 4x10 or 4x11 rack cards, and are placed in plastic "take-one" dispensers at the corner of the table. Otherwise, the written materials can be placed at the corner of the table, at the 3rd base or 1st base area, so to speak.

Best of luck!
mrsuit31
mrsuit31
  • Threads: 82
October 3rd, 2016 at 1:58:22 PM permalink
Quote: VonVester

Here it is, a month to go before Cutting Edge Table Games competition and I still don't have my booth furniture ordered. I am thinking of using Las Vegas Party Rentals to get a blackjack table and other furniture. I need some advice on how to arrange my booth (I have never done this sort of thing before.... ever).

Do I need chairs for my game tabled? I am thinking that at this competition most players will play a few hands and then move on to the next booth, not bothering to sit down at the table. But perhaps having chairs at the table will encourage players to sit and enjoy the game for a bit longer.

Where do I place rack cards and game information? Should I have a small standup cocktail table at the edge of my booth or should I have a sit down table in the back of the booth?

Do I need regular chairs for sitting and discussing the game in comfort?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I PMed you...
  • Jump to: