Thread Rating:

DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 7291
January 16th, 2021 at 8:11:52 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/pr/silicon-valley-streaming-service-executive-indicted-alleged-pump-and-dump-stock-fraud



Until I find out otherwise, I always assume all penny stocks are doing this. For me it is guilty until proven innocent.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5139
Thanks for this post from:
SOOPOO
January 17th, 2021 at 5:59:00 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Until I find out otherwise, I always assume all penny stocks are doing this. For me it is guilty until proven innocent.



A quite revealing opinionated statement directed at an inanimate object. Thanks for the insight into how you think.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 110
  • Posts: 7808
January 17th, 2021 at 7:50:44 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

A quite revealing opinionated statement directed at an inanimate object. Thanks for the insight into how you think.



Welcome back Aaron! I love your posting style!

DRich.... All ‘penny stock’ means is the number of shares issued divided by market capitalization in dollars is less than one. Wasn’t so at some point but obviously the company hasn’t been doing well.

Some are on the way to bankruptcy. Others not. Just look at GLXZ as an example of a ‘penny stock’ that turned it around.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 7291
January 17th, 2021 at 8:32:00 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Welcome back Aaron! I love your posting style!

DRich.... All ‘penny stock’ means is the number of shares issued divided by market capitalization in dollars is less than one. Wasn’t so at some point but obviously the company hasn’t been doing well.

Some are on the way to bankruptcy. Others not. Just look at GLXZ as an example of a ‘penny stock’ that turned it around.



I think I understand Penny stocks. My issue with them isthatthere is so little regulation and oversight that they can make all sorts of false claims with very little consequence.

I also may be bitter because I had close to a million stock options in a company and the stock got as high as $0.48 and went to zero in about 30 days and I got $0.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
vegas
vegas
Joined: Apr 27, 2012
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 519
January 17th, 2021 at 11:05:06 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I think I understand Penny stocks. My issue with them isthatthere is so little regulation and oversight that they can make all sorts of false claims with very little consequence.

I also may be bitter because I had close to a million stock options in a company and the stock got as high as $0.48 and went to zero in about 30 days and I got $0.



If you are buying penny stocks you should always use a stop loss. A 10% stop loss is often used. That way if it goes down you get out before losing everything. You can move your stop loss up if the stock goes up.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5139
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5139
January 21st, 2021 at 11:51:43 AM permalink
Quote: vegas

If you are buying penny stocks you should always use a stop loss. A 10% stop loss is often used. That way if it goes down you get out before losing everything. You can move your stop loss up if the stock goes up.



If you are posting to internet message groups, you should always avoid fallacies.
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5139
January 21st, 2021 at 12:02:28 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Welcome back Aaron! I love your posting style!



Thank you for the kind words. There is a lot of harmful statements issued on this forum from people who are struggling with obvious fallacies and addictions. It is always nice to have a true professional saying kind things to help balance out the scales.
sabre
sabre
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 1052
January 21st, 2021 at 12:53:10 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

Thank you for the kind words. There is a lot of harmful statements issued on this forum from people who are struggling with obvious fallacies and addictions. It is always nice to have a true professional saying kind things to help balance out the scales.



Your gambling pinball machine was designed and implemented horribly. I'm not suprised it was never installed in any casino. I struggle with fallacies and addictions though, so disregard my opinion.
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5139
January 22nd, 2021 at 2:00:28 PM permalink
Quote: sabre

Your gambling pinball machine was designed and implemented horribly.



Your comment comes across as a comment from someone with a hard-core addiction to sadism. If you are suffering from an addiction where you bring harm into other people's lives in order to deal with cognitive dissonance, I advise you to seek personal help.

  • Jump to: