AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 146
January 22nd, 2022 at 4:32:25 AM permalink
By now everyone knows Adele has canceled her entire residency at Caesars Palace. Not just a show or a few shows but her entire six months run on Friday and Saturday nights. It's more than a social media nightmare for Adele-- it's going to kill Caesars Palace without a big headliner on the two biggest nights of the week to fill the Colosseum with 4,000+ potential gamblers and hotel guests.

Caesars is the big loser. The biggest loser. Imagine the panic.

What will they do? Run videos of Celine and give the seats for free (which is exactly what they did when Celine called in sick)?

Will they call on Jay Leno to revive his show?

Maybe they'll do Shark Tank Live!

Those bells you hear are Caesars executives calling talent agents all over the country.

Is Colosseum Karaoke out of the question?
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 22nd, 2022 at 4:44:29 AM permalink
As of now itís ďpostponed,Ē not canceled.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
January 22nd, 2022 at 5:02:46 AM permalink
https://youtu.be/ebUTWLoG61E

You want to debate postpone vs cancellation?

The six months of shows ain't happening. The announcement came literally as fans were in the air flying into Vegas.

Caesars has six months of an empty Colosseum on Friday and Saturday nights.

When you have a new date -- in my book -- that's a postponed show.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 216
January 22nd, 2022 at 7:25:25 AM permalink
This can't be the first time something like this has happened and I'm sure there are contingency plans in place. There are any numbers of entertainers who will happily take her place.
Joe Cocker put together the whole Mad Dogs and Englishmen tour in 36 hours and it's legendary.
Caesars most likely has an insurance policy that will make them whole, even if the place is dark.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
January 22nd, 2022 at 7:35:12 AM permalink
I think she has enough fans to spare but given her nationality, and the length of the cancellation making the given reason suspicious, this has to leave a sour taste in the mouth of a lot of fans who spent money on international airfare and non refundable weekend hotel rooms. People who would do other things in Vegas but would not have made the trip and probably now wonít with the cancellation. Thatís the story to me, not the effect on Caesars.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
January 22nd, 2022 at 7:52:07 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I think she has enough fans to spare but given her nationality, and the length of the cancellation making the given reason suspicious, this has to leave a sour taste in the mouth of a lot of fans who spent money on international airfare and non refundable weekend hotel rooms. People who would do other things in Vegas but would not have made the trip and probably now wonít with the cancellation. Thatís the story to me, not the effect on Caesars.
link to original post

You're right. A lot of people got screwed including anyone for the first two shows.

For future shows they can avoid a financial hit.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
January 22nd, 2022 at 8:01:53 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Quote: mcallister3200

link to original post

You're right. A lot of people got screwed including anyone for the first two shows.

For future shows they can avoid a financial hit.
link to original post

To an extent. If theyíve already paid for the hotels, in most cases that will be gone. Airfare cancellation fees etc.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 216
January 22nd, 2022 at 8:03:26 AM permalink
Life during a pandemic. It sucks. Let's just declare victory and move on.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 22nd, 2022 at 12:41:42 PM permalink

The six months of shows ain't happening. The announcement came literally as fans were in the air flying into Vegas.

link to original post

When I get the refund from Ticketmaster to my credit card for the two tickets I purchased, then I will agree itís canceled.

As of now itís postponed.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 115
January 22nd, 2022 at 12:45:57 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

link to original post

When I get the refund from Ticketmaster to my credit card for the two tickets I purchased, then I will agree itís canceled.

As of now itís postponed.
link to original post

Sounds to me like the only reason they use the word Ďpostponedí is so that they donít have to promptly refund your money. To me, if I buy a ticket for an event, and the event doesnít happen on the date the event was scheduled for, then the event was canceled. I consider the event and date of event one thing.

Kind of exactly for the many reasons outlined in the preceding posts.

• Jump to: