supercharged
supercharged
  • Threads: 2
February 6th, 2018 at 5:15:41 PM permalink
I've really been kinda getting turned off to total rewards/czr properties lately because I notice weird things that don't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Like...If I log in to the total rewards website and search for rooms at harrah's in AC for instance, it will never show me suites even with a rate. If I am _not_ logged in, I am able to see the suite I like and could book it at a rate. Why does it do this? I could book the regular room it presents at $0, and then request the upgrade at the front desk but they always give me a hassle about it. Why are they trying to prevent me, as a diamond player, from booking the room I want. What if I go ahead and book it not logged in as elmo from sesame street or something, will they give me trouble about it when I go to check in? They have those automated check in kiosks, I suppose I could just use that instead of the diamond check in line?

I sent them a support ticket asking about the above and the only reply I got was a canned reply from some dude in AC saying they don't have access to the reservation system over email and to call the 1-800 number for reservations. Which doesn't address the above at all :facepalm:.

I don't get it, I was halfway between AL1 and AL2 last year, and it feels like they don't really care about me and could care less if I stop giving them my business.

On the flip side, when I was just in Vegas, I stopped in to a couple of CZR properties (ceasar's palace, planet hollywood) and played some of their HL slots and now I am getting a ton of email offers.

I just tried it again. If I don't log in, I can grab a suite at Harrah's AC. If I log in, I don't see this option available, but I see tons of suites at Vegas properties for various dates if I try those some $0 some with a rate quoted.

I'm puzzled. It doesn't make any sense to me. I much prefer the MGM properties tbh, but they have a slot tournament and the double tier credits promo this month so I thought about giving them a shot again. Kinda thinking its not worth it chasing diamond/SS anymore. I don't care about getting the up front room comp so much, I'm happy to pay for what I like but the system seems to be set up to not even let me do that. Is that normal?
  • Jump to: