100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
January 31st, 2016 at 5:08:58 PM permalink
Very interesting, didn't read it all yet.

- 4.7 % Diamond
- 0.1 % 7 Stars
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
January 31st, 2016 at 5:21:14 PM permalink
How much of an effect would being able to become Platinum solely through TR Credit Card use have on this?
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
January 31st, 2016 at 5:51:12 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Very interesting, didn't read it all yet.

- 4.7 % Diamond
- 0.1 % 7 Stars

That percentage had to have changed drastically. They couldn't care less about my platinum. If there were only 6% of customers with platinum then I would think they would have perks for us.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
January 31st, 2016 at 6:07:28 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

They couldn't care less about my platinum. If there were only 6% of customers with platinum then I would think they would have perks for us.

They do, if you look hard enough - for example, when I went to Planet Hollywood last August, there was still a separate Platinum check-in line.

However, I seem to remember TR announcing that quite a few perks (like being able to skip the main line at buffets) were being taken away from Platinum, and there would be a new "line pass" of some sort that needed twice as many points as Platinum. However, I never heard of anyone that actually had one of these, and never saw a sign suggesting that it was actually implemented.
GWAE
GWAE
January 31st, 2016 at 7:47:04 PM permalink
When we were there a few months ago there was a separate line for buffet in Paris. I much preferred the separate check in lines, especially in AC. Waited for 40 minutes in Caesars line last summer.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 139
January 31st, 2016 at 8:04:39 PM permalink
Nice to see DIAMOND status only went up 50% in wagers to obtain over 9 years.....smh
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
February 2nd, 2016 at 4:16:23 PM permalink
Quote: coilman

Nice to see DIAMOND status only went up 50% in wagers to obtain over 9 years.....smh

Last year, TR did have a 50 % bonus on Tier Level points earned in the first 3 months. I haven't seen that this year.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 2nd, 2016 at 4:35:07 PM permalink
Quote: coilman

The daily bonus credits were not in place back then. So today it "only" takes 2 days of 2500 tier credits to get Diamond with the 5000 bonus each day.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 2nd, 2016 at 4:45:54 PM permalink

Last year, TR did have a 50 % bonus on Tier Level points earned in the first 3 months. I haven't seen that this year.

The last promotion I've seen from them was, starting in October, the points you earned were credited both to your 2015 tier AND your 2016 tier, until Dec. 31. They don't seem to be doing anything special I'm aware of at the moment.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
February 2nd, 2016 at 5:39:09 PM permalink

I got diamond in two 3-day trips. It was so nice, came out of nowhere, can't believe it stacked on top of the normal day bonuses.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
February 3rd, 2016 at 9:19:14 AM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

I got diamond in two 3-day trips. It was so nice, came out of nowhere, can't believe it stacked on top of the normal day bonuses.

I have a friend (cough) that has a hard time getting out to Vegas, or Macau, or anywhere else that is reeeaaaallllyyy exciting. That friend is a bit of a nut-job, loves the adrenaline at the tables, takes the roller coaster ride, gets off the coaster and realizes that he paid a pretty sum for the admission ticket. My friend is OK with all of this, but I worry about him sometimes... Tee-hee.
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
GWAE
GWAE
February 3rd, 2016 at 12:38:24 PM permalink
I got a postcard in the mail today that my Platinum has been renewed. I was confused since I have like 245 tier credits last year. They I realized it said since I spent 5k on the TR credit card I get platinum. I didn't realize that was a perk. No wonder platinum gets you nothing now. I believe it said 10k gets you diamond but I may have read that wrong.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 3rd, 2016 at 12:43:51 PM permalink

I got a postcard in the mail today that my Platinum has been renewed. I was confused since I have like 245 tier credits last year. They I realized it said since I spent 5k on the TR credit card I get platinum. I didn't realize that was a perk. No wonder platinum gets you nothing now. I believe it said 10k gets you diamond but I may have read that wrong.

They changed that from when the card alone got you Platinum. The higher thing is not Diamond, but a line pass that gets you in Diamond Lines at clubs and buffets, but not into the Diamond Lounges....I believe.
GWAE
GWAE
February 3rd, 2016 at 1:41:46 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

They changed that from when the card alone got you Platinum. The higher thing is not Diamond, but a line pass that gets you in Diamond Lines at clubs and buffets, but not into the Diamond Lounges....I believe.

When I got the card at inception I got platinum, buffet of buffet which I ended up not using, and $100 comps. Didn't realize that we were going to get it each year. Just looked at card and it says 10k gets you vip pass for vegas but doesn't say what it is. Your interpretation sounds about right.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
February 17th, 2016 at 7:02:16 AM permalink

I logged in to my TR account today to see what hotel prices look like, and was surprised to see that I am apparently Platinum until January 31st, 2017. My gambling activity was minimal (a tiny bit in February 2016 that might have earned me 500 TCs), but I do still have the card. The thing is, I've barely used the card recently and I don't recall getting any letters similar to the one mentioned by GWAE.

*shrug*

As has been mentioned, it's not like Platinum is any huge thing anymore anyway. I hope some of the lower tier properties still have separate hotel check in and cashier lines.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
  • Jump to: